Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:41 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,480,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Heck, my heart races when I drink too much caffeine - so should we make soda & coffee illegal?

Hell my heart races when I see a womans tanned leggs in a miniskirt. I definatly dont want that outlawed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Damn right , adults are capable of making their own decisions and living with the consequences.

I mean seriously? If Uncle Sam told him to jump off of a bridge, based on his logic, it sounds to me as if he'd do it! I don't need the government to tell me what is bad for me and what isn't! And marijuana is the least of our worries right now.

Oh noes, i-i-if they legalize it, everyone is gonna drive around stoned man! GIVE ME A F***N' BREAK! It's as stupid as saying marijuana is the gateway drug!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 AM

123 posts, read 60,628 times
Quote:
Good for you, but have you ever had a drink of alcohol? If so, you're no better than a casual pot smoker - especially those of us who do it legally.

P.S. What does that have to do with my comments, and the issue of driving under the influence? The fact that you chose not to smoke pot doesn't mean squat in this debate. I choose to abstain from alcohol and red meat, but that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.
Because you can't own, posess, buy, shoot or carry a firearm while "using" illegal drugs of any kind. Dope is illegal and not permitted on a 4473. You also cannot join the Service while on it or using in a "casual" way either! Random drug tests will get you busted everytime. Last, my old man was the head in charge of the PD! I think they would frown if the boss's kid smoked dope! Just a hunch! They would have killed me...so would have my Dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Typical Prohibitionist.
Typical Vet and avid firearm owner, user and CCW holder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Why do you need "Uncle Sam" to tell you to do anything? Shouldn't you be the one determining what you want to put into your own body?
Booze and cigerettes were enough. They are still legal in every State last time I checked as long as you were of legal age.

Quote:
Damn right , adults are capable of making their own decisions and living with the consequences.
Committing a felony and lying on the 4473. Losing my firearms and CCW? No thanks!

Quote:
I mean seriously? If Uncle Sam told him to jump off of a bridge, based on his logic, it sounds to me as if he'd do it! I don't need the government to tell me what is bad for me and what isn't! And marijuana is the least of our worries right now.

Oh noes, i-i-if they legalize it, everyone is gonna drive around stoned man! GIVE ME A F***N' BREAK! It's as stupid as saying marijuana is the gateway drug!
Uncle Sam told me to jump off a bridge. I followed orders and still do! Ya heard!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 AM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times
So make sure you clean those weapons before you turn them in if Uncle Obama or whoever is in charge tells you that you don't need them.

It is even criminally libel in the military for you to follow orders that you know are against the law. If you were told by a superior to do something against the UCMJ, but do it because the idiot in charge told you to, you are still at fault.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Good for you, but have you ever had a drink of alcohol? If so, you're no better than a casual pot smoker - especially those of us who do it legally.

P.S. What does that have to do with my comments, and the issue of driving under the influence? The fact that you chose not to smoke pot doesn't mean squat in this debate. I choose to abstain from alcohol and red meat, but that doesn't mean I think they should be illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Typical Prohibitionist.
Quote:
Why do you need "Uncle Sam" to tell you to do anything? Shouldn't you be the one determining what you want to put into your own body?
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
So make sure you clean those weapons before you turn them in if Uncle Obama or whoever is in charge tells you that you don't need them.

It is even criminally libel in the military for you to follow orders that you know are against the law. If you were told by a superior to do something against the UCMJ, but do it because the idiot in charge told you to, you are still at fault.
Smoke that dope that you have a doctors "excuse" to smoke. Your firearms are gone for certain then. As many arrogant users are finding out!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny45 View Post
Because you can't own, posess, buy, shoot or carry a firearm while "using" illegal drugs of any kind. Dope is illegal and not permitted on a 4473. You also cannot join the Service while on it or using in a "casual" way either! Random drug tests will get you busted everytime. Last, my old man was the head in charge of the PD! I think they would frown if the boss's kid smoked dope! Just a hunch! They would have killed me...so would have my Dad!

Typical Vet and avid firearm owner, user and CCW holder!

Booze and cigerettes were enough. They are still legal in every State last time I checked as long as you were of legal age.

Committing a felony and lying on the 4473. Losing my firearms and CCW? No thanks!

Uncle Sam told me to jump off a bridge. I followed orders and still do! Ya heard!

"Dope" is illegal because of lies, and propaganda from those that don't want to see it legalized because it would hurt their business interests. Furthermore, I'd trust someone who smoked a little weed more than I would some raging drunk with his "beer muscles" flexed like some bad a**! I've worked in plenty of bars, and night clubs, and seen the effects of alcohol first hand! A lot of idiots! Furthermore, drug tests are completely flawed, when in fact it's the pot heads that get caught, because of THC getting stored in a person's fat cells for 30 days, while the dude that just did a huge amount of blow (which BTW is 1,000 times worse than weed) on Friday, yet can pass a drug test on Tuesday! Tell me you're not one of those that truly believes that having THC in your fat cells makes you still under the influence! Got news, the effects of pot wear off in 1-3 hours after smoking it, and therefore the user shows no signs of intoxication after the effect!

Good for you for following orders. Thats all well and good, but see God gave me this thing called free will, and I use it to sift through the BS! And quite frankly, these days the BS detector is off the charts! It's time to go after the real criminals for once, you know, like murders, child molesters, and rapist, instead of worrying about what an adult does in his own time, when he is harming nobody else in the process!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Smoke that dope that you have a doctors "excuse" to smoke. Your firearms are gone for certain then. As many arrogant users are finding out!

WOOOOOOOOO We're scared! What are you gonna do when they finally do end the prohibition of pot? Sooner or later, people are going to wise up to the BS! In fact, as you can see it's happening right now!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
"Dope" is illegal because of lies, and propaganda from those that don't want to see it legalized because it would hurt their business interests. Furthermore, I'd trust someone who smoked a little weed more than I would some raging drunk with his "beer muscles" flexed like some bad a**! I've worked in plenty of bars, and night clubs, and seen the effects of alcohol first hand! A lot of idiots! Furthermore, drug tests are completely flawed, when in fact it's the pot heads that get caught, because of THC getting stored in a person's fat cells for 30 days, while the dude that just did a huge amount of blow (which BTW is 1,000 times worse than weed) on Friday, yet can pass a drug test on Tuesday! Tell me you're not one of those that truly believes that having THC in your fat cells makes you still under the influence! Got news, the effects of pot wear off in 1-3 hours after smoking it, and therefore the user shows no signs of intoxication after the effect!

Good for you for following orders. Thats all well and good, but see God gave me this thing called free will, and I use it to sift through the BS! And quite frankly, these days the BS detector is off the charts! It's time to go after the real criminals for once, you know, like murders, child molesters, and rapist, instead of worrying about what an adult does in his own time, when he is harming nobody else in the process!
All ten of my fingerprints are on file. I hold a valid CCW and carry daily. It's NOT BS! It's illegal and prohibited under Federal law. Yes, it's true...you WILL lose your right to own, buy, carry, posess, shoot! That's a FACTIOD!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
WOOOOOOOOO We're scared! What are you gonna do when they finally do end the prohibition of pot? Sooner or later, people are going to wise up to the BS! In fact, as you can see it's happening right now!
That's what they all thought before the next background check. DENIED!!! Don't cry about it either! Now get lost stoner!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:17 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
All ten of my fingerprints are on file. I hold a valid CCW and carry daily. It's NOT BS! It's illegal and prohibited under Federal law. Yes, it's true...you WILL lose your right to own, buy, carry, posess, shoot! That's a FACTIOD!
...Which is why we're trying to change the law.

Nobody's arguing what the law is, but laws can be changed, and this law needs to be changed. Alcohol and cigarretts are both worse than pot, and they're still legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies