Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this has been posted here yet. I only found it myself tonight. Taking a little different approach with this one.

Washington to take next to step to legalizing marijuana - Phoenix Cannabis Culture | Examiner.com

"The days of marijuana being legal in America maybe closer then we think. Marijuana activists in Washington are sponsoring a ballot initiative that would legalize marijuana in the state for those age 21 and over. If passed citizens will be able to possess up to an oz of marijuana legally, however anything over 42 grams can still be considered a felony."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:23 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP72 View Post
I don't know if this has been posted here yet. I only found it myself tonight. Taking a little different approach with this one.

Washington to take next to step to legalizing marijuana - Phoenix Cannabis Culture | Examiner.com

"The days of marijuana being legal in America maybe closer then we think. Marijuana activists in Washington are sponsoring a ballot initiative that would legalize marijuana in the state for those age 21 and over. If passed citizens will be able to possess up to an oz of marijuana legally, however anything over 42 grams can still be considered a felony."
No, this is new.

Interesting find, this should bring in some money to either the states or federal government as well as allow police and federal agents to focus on other real crimes.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
No, this is new.

Interesting find, this should bring in some money to either the states or federal government as well as allow police and federal agents to focus on other real crimes.
This is about Washington State, not Washington, D.C.

Possession of marijuana would still be a crime under federal law. The State of Washington can't prohibit federal law enforcement from enforcing federal laws in their state.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:55 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Would be better if the recreational users and drug suppliers would all just die. They are destroying normal lives everywhere.

This crap isn't needed.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:58 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Possession of marijuana would still be a crime under federal law.

Ahhhhhhh. It's only for State of Washington. I read through it thinking they were talking about a national thing.

Carry on if you are not in Washington State or the other 16 plus Washington D.C. Nothing interesting to see here.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Would be better if the recreational users and drug suppliers would all just die. They are destroying normal lives everywhere.

This crap isn't needed.
Why? If people use marijuana then they only affect themselves.

Quote:

Possession of marijuana would still be a crime under federal law. The State of Washington can't prohibit federal law enforcement from enforcing federal laws in their state.
I misread it. Well at least another state legalizing it will make the push for it to be legalized at the federal level.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:01 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:

This crap isn't needed.
So, would you say the same about everyone who drinks recreationally? That causes a LOT more deaths than marijuana (actually no stats proving that marijuana's directly killed anyone), so I guess you don't think they should have a right to exist either. Huh? Btw, legalizing marijuana would eliminate the need for "suppliers," making it a taxable and regulated product like cigarettes and liquor. Here in California we've essentially legalized it already, and the street dealing/importing has minimized greatly as a result. The majority of our product now comes from local growers, sold through legal cannabis clubs to adults with valid ID. Wouldn't you rather see that, as opposed to underground sales for anyone with cash?

P.S. I'm a recreational pot smoker (with a legal prescription), and I live a pretty normal life... I go to work every day like the rest of you, pay my bills, spend time with my loved ones, walk my dog, etc. For me it's like a nightcap, and I don't see how my life is less "normal" than somebody who drinks a beer while watching football. Seriously offensive post.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:02 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:

This crap isn't needed.
And drinkers,smokers,those addicted to FDA approved substances?

Anyone who wants to control by threat of violence what others ingest,is not normal.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
I can't see the obama administration going for this. Didn't he just recently raid some MM shops?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:

Actually, Obama already stated that he will not support feds interfering in states where it's legal (even if it's only medically legal). They don't raid the clubs here anymore, unless the owners aren't paying taxes or operating a clean business. The local cops don't give a hoot about marijuana, in fact they never really have... but now they have the state supporting their position, and I personally know they don't enforce the federal law over state laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies