Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Being on the "bottom" means that you are the "Receiver". And you call yourself a manly man. Hmmmmmm
You're probably not aware that a lot of straight men like being 'pegged' by their female partners.

Look it up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Never judge a book by it's cover. Good advise no matter who you are.
Best post I've ever seen from you.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So now according to the gay experts around here all gay's are these body building super beasts who pump weight (along with other things) and dare anybody to tangle with em?? LOL. What kind of loon koolaid are you folks into today? I know three gay guys. One is a little scrawny twerp we call shaggy, one is your average looking person and one is a guy where I work who showed up one day outta the blue wearing a dress and heels. They run the gammut. Not that there's anything wrong with it. lol
You know a LOT more than 3 gay guys. You just don't realise that they are gay.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Inferior public school system?
Home schooling?

Home schooled - YouTube

Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm a gay guy and as masculine as they come. I ski, hike, camp, am very athletic (all state athlete in HS), raving NFL (and almost any other sport) fan. My friend group is mostly very masculine straight (a lot of ex-Marines at the moment, including my roommate). You'd never know I was gay unless I told you.

When I'm in a relationship or just fooling around, I'm almost always the "bottom."
Gross.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,869,682 times
I remember watching this really bad slasher film from the late 70s or early 80s. It wasn't a series and it wasn't one of the well-known ones. In this movie there is this character who is gay and very flamboyantly gay too. Like he wears bright Hawaiian shirts, eye shadow, does the whole limp-wrist hand gestures, calls everyone "Darling" and "Sweetie", and you get the point.

Well, there was this one scene I really liked. The gay character is at this dive bar with few female friends and a couple of rednecks take offense to a "f----t" being in the bar. He tells them that they don't the bar and he hasn't been asked to leave by the owner, so he can stay in the bar as long as he likes. The rednecks get aggressive and more obnoxious and the gay characters hints that they are so worked up because they secretly want to have sex with men, but hate anyone who is brave enough to admit it because it reminds them of what cowards they really are. The two rednecks attack the gay character and the gay character proceeds to beat the ever-loving s--t out of the two rednecks in a pretty realistic fight scene. He knees one in groin and then break a beer bottle over his head and starts beating the other with a pool cue.

At the end of the scene, one of his lady friends comments that she was surprised how a mild-mannered gay man could be so proficient in fighting and he responds with something like, "I have spent my entire life defending myself against people who hate me for just being me. I've learnt how to protect myself."

I didn't care for the movie and I don't really remember much else, but I did love that scene. Especially when you consider it was done no later than 1982.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Well, if we're going to accept the theory in which homosexuality in males is because as a fetus they developed male genitalia, but did not get the hormonal surge (testosterone) during the beginning of the second half of the pregnancy and thus their brain didn't masculinize and they have a feminine brain that is similar to that of normal females, wouldn't we expect it to be typical for gay men to be more feminine???

Can you really have your cookie and eat it too?
From what I've read, it's a bit more complex than that. Only some structures and functions of a gay male's brain are feminized. (Same with lesbians having some structures/functions masculinized.) It seems to be a combination of genetic heritage, gene expression, and hormone exposure in the uterus and can be different for different people.

It doesn't make all gay men feminine or lesbians masculine. You can have a big gruff muscle bound hairy deep voiced gay man who has some more 'female' traits like good verbal and social skills who is very empathetic. Or a very feminine looking lesbian with some more 'male' traits like good spatial skills (map reading etc).

Personally, I think it makes gays and lesbians unique in a good way. We can think/feel a little differently to straight people and bring different perspectives to the mix. Nature loves diversity. (sadly some societies do not)

For me as a couple and family therapist, I think it helps give me more empathy and insight into men than a straight female therapist might have.

Here's a couple of layman's articles:

Gay men, straight women have similar brains - Los Angeles Times

Symmetry Of Homosexual Brain Resembles That Of Opposite Sex, Swedish Study Finds

And some of the brain studies:

Sexual orientation and its basis in brain structure and function

PET and MRI show differences in cerebral asymmetry and functional connectivity between homo- and heterosexual subjects

Brain response to putative pheromones in homosexual men

Sexual orientation and the size of the anterior commissure in the human brain

Brain response to putative pheromones in lesbian women

http://reberlab.psych.northwestern.e...ron_BN2007.pdf

Old 01-17-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Gross.
So you prefer being pegged by a woman? Okay, horses for courses and all that.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
OK you are obviously here to get the truth and you are in luck today. The hard truth is that being gay is actually a disease. Sure there is no cure yet today, but one day there will. We are all human beings and we all have a right to live as we are.

Being a wimp has nothing to do with being gay. But just be aware that just because you are a tough gay person, that doesn't make you normal.

I am sure you might take this point the wrong way, but all that is being said here is that being gay is just like having a disease like autism or deformed limbs, etc. Men and Women were put on this earth to reproduce, anything outside of that scope is simply an anomalie.
Want to talk about abnormal... try these archaic beliefs. They couldn't be further from "the truth" I hope you do not reproduce as I would feel sorry for your child should they be gay.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
(REALITY CHECK!)

Then why do far more heterosexual people that gay people do it?

If gay men are about 3% of the population, right this minute there are probably about 28 times more straight men sticking their penis into a woman's anus than gay men having anal sex.

Anal sex-males and females
  • Percent of males and females 25-44 years of age who have ever had anal sex with an opposite sex partner, 2006-2008:
    • Males: 43.5%
    • Females: 36.0%
From the CDC:
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nsfg/abc_list_s.htm

And oral sex:

Percent of males and females 25-44 years of age in 2006-2008 who had ever had oral sex with an opposite-sex partner:
  • Males: 90.4%;
  • Females: 88.8%
^^^ Not a lot of "procreating" going on there.

However, while looking at that report I found some rather disturbing figures:

Percent of women 18-44 years of age ever forced by a male to have sexual intercourse at some time in their lives, 2002: 22.6%

Percent of women 18-44 years of age who ever had sexual intercourse, whose first intercourse was not voluntary, 2002: 8.3%

Why do so many heterosexual men seem to be unable to control their base animal urges.

You're out of your mind and being really intellectually dishonest.

With raw numbers, yes it's possible for more straight people to have engaged in anal sex because straight people are the vast majority, and many of those who ever have may have done so only once (as in experimentation). It's not natural and it is a learned behavior. That's why the anus doesn't lube itself.

In percentages, I gurantee you gays are far more likely to have engaged in anal sex. It's the closest thing to sexual intercourse that they can have with each other. Although, I do acknowledge there are gays who don't believe in anal sex or who haven't ever had it. There are also gays who are just as adamant about being a "top" and not being willing to receive anal penetration as straight men.

At any rate, polls in regard to things like this are not reliable at all. There are major problems with sample size, honesty, as well as the fact that somebody who hasn't ever had anal sex and is not even close to being interested probably isn't going to run into such a poll to even participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies