Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, but I do call getting Tea Party representatives voted into Congress a success for a movement that the left was so against.
Do you think change happens overnight ? Took decades of greed/corruption to work its way into our government.

Rand Paul is a breath of fresh air to Congress.

We'll see what OWS produces come the 2012 elections.
That "them against us" mindset is the biggest problem this country has at this time. Without it, problems would be solved rather quickly.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That "them against us" mindset is the biggest problem this country has at this time. Without it, problems would be solved rather quickly.
That "them against us" is exactly what is happening in DC today.
Them being corporate interests that buy favorable laws and us being the taxpayers that have to foot the bill.

That's the "them vs us" I am referring to..not D vs R.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
Quote:
No, but I do call getting Tea Party representatives voted into Congress a success for a movement that the left was so against.
Do you think change happens overnight ? Took decades of greed/corruption to work its way into our government.

Rand Paul is a breath of fresh air to Congress.

We'll see what OWS produces come the 2012 elections.
I think that is what many do not understand...OWS is not a political party nor it is intended to be construed that way. They are about the corruption in politics and the gangster banksters that are funding and feeding the corruption.

As far as the tp goes, at the core there are some similar beliefs. However, unfortunately the tp is now being bought off as well.

I do agree with you on Rand and I endorse his father as well.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I think that is what many do not understand...OWS is not a political party nor it is intended to be construed that way. They are about the corruption in politics and the gangster banksters that are funding and feeding the corruption.

As far as the tp goes, at the core there are some similar beliefs. However, unfortunately the tp is now being bought off as well.

I do agree with you on Rand and I endorse his father as well.
Tea Party is not an official political party either. But if the OWS is against the corruption in DC, the only way is to vote them out and someone else in.
OWS doesn't seem to want to get involved in politics yet it is politics that needs to change.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Tea Party is not an official political party either. But if the OWS is against the corruption in DC, the only way is to vote them out and someone else in.
OWS doesn't seem to want to get involved in politics yet it is politics that needs to change.

No.....it does not matter who you kick out of the offices and replace them with, if you don't get to the core of what exactly makes politics and the politicians so crooked. That is the green back. THAT is what has to be changed before anything else will turn around. The tp is a prime example of that.

It is kind of like having a bad tooth...you can take advil, anti's, something stronger for pain but until that tooth is pulled it will never get better, it is dead.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
No.....it does not matter who you kick out of the offices and replace them with, if you don't get to the core of what exactly makes politics and the politicians so crooked. That is the green back. THAT is what has to be changed before anything else will turn around. The tp is a prime example of that.

It is kind of like having a bad tooth...you can take advil, anti's, something stronger for pain but until that tooth is pulled it will never get better, it is dead.
And what is that core ? What is OWS doing to change it ?

Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
And what is that core ? What is OWS doing to change it ?

Like I said, it is money and gangster banksters buying OUR political system.

Currently, they are protesting the money changers.....they are doing exactly what they should. It will all progress as it should, I do believe. As I have said many times....we may not like the messenger or the delivery method but the message itself is more than valid.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
The protests are designed to attract people's attention to the problems, so people would remember it when it is time to vote. That's the whole point.

As for the TP, the other poster is correct in saying it has been hijacked by the Republican party, and at this point they are saying what they are being told to say, which is "vote Republican".

Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Protesting Congress is not a criminal action. I agree that shutting down ports and occupying houses is the wrong approach, and they need to knock it off is they want to be respected. I am not a pro-occupier BTW, but I like the idea of protesting Congress.

The tea-party refuses to protest because they already got their people in, and those people turned out to be failures. They should admit their mistake, and keep protesting. This Congress is a joke.
"those people turned out to be failures"

That's a pretty big claim. Provide names and ACTUAL things each has done to earn such disapproval.

If you cant or won't your post is just another baseless partisan rant.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
The protests are designed to attract people's attention to the problems, so people would remember it when it is time to vote. That's the whole point.

As for the TP, the other poster is correct in saying it has been hijacked by the Republican party, and at this point they are saying what they are being told to say, whch is "vote Republican".
And with both D (Obama) and R (Romney) being funded by the banks it's a lose/lose no matter which way you vote.
Not many Americans follow campaign contributions and who is giving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies