Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM

11,262 posts, read 11,028,294 times

Advertisements

This country will be a very different place in 5 years if Obama secures a second term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
We need to get the federal government out of healthcare ASAP

Old 01-20-2012, 07:25 PM

770 posts, read 1,177,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I am beginning to think this man is actually evil. Use to think he was just incompetent or simply had a different vision. But, as time goes on, I think he may, indeed, be evil.
Coverage of contraceptives evil? Look, I'm not completely in agreement with Obama's decision on this; it may be unnecessary, it may be a waste of money, but evil? Dramatic much?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:29 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Just like they always have.
Have to laugh at the feigned outrage on this thread.
You and ReturningWest are mistaken. This decision pertains to the employer mandate to provide health insurance under Obamacare. It has nothing to do with hospitals or Catholic employers receiving federal funds.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You and ReturningWest are mistaken. This decision pertains to the employer mandate to provide health insurance under Obamacare. It has nothing to do with hospitals or Catholic employers receiving federal funds.
Did I say anything about federal funds?
Reading is fundamental.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:36 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,607,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Did I say anything about federal funds?
Reading is fundamental.
You seemed to express agreement with ReturningWest, who said "all they have to do is NOT take any federal funding - problem solved."

Also, this isn't about patients at Catholic hospitals looking for birth control, dearie, but the employees of Catholic hospitals and other institutions (universities, orphanages, adoption agencies, charities, etc.). In other words, Catholic employers will be forced to pay for something the Church believes to be intrinsically immoral or to shut their operations down.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
I agree with the mandate.

Just because someone is employed by a Catholic hospital, for instance, doesn't mean they should be stopped from enjoying the same basic healthcare that is the norm everywhere else.

If you are Catholic, and it offends you, just don't use that feature of your insurance.

If Catholic hospitals are against using contraception, perhaps they should refuse to hire doctors and nurses that personally use contraception too.

Just another case of a religious group being upset because they can't strong arm others into following their beliefs.

Religious employers should be stopped form implementing Taliban-like control over their employees.......newsflash.....we are no longer living in the dark ages.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:41 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We need to get the federal government out of healthcare ASAP
Amen.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You seemed to express agreement with ReturningWest, who said "all they have to do is NOT take any federal funding - problem solved."

Also, this isn't about patients at Catholic hospitals looking for birth control, dearie, but the employees of Catholic hospitals and other institutions (universities, orphanages, adoption agencies, charities, etc.). In other words, Catholic employers will be forced to pay for something the Church believes to be intrinsically immoral or to shut their operations down.
I am a recovering Catholic.
I dont need you to tell me what the Church is whining about.
And dont you even think about calling me "dearie" again.
How dare you.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I agree with the mandate.

Just because someone is employed by a Catholic hospital, for instance, doesn't mean they should be stopped from enjoying the same basic healthcare that is the norm everywhere else.

If you are Catholic, and it offends you, just don't use that feature of your insurance.

If Catholic hospitals are against using contraception, perhaps they should refuse to hire doctors and nurses that personally use contraception too.

Just another case of a religious group being upset because they can't strong arm others into following their beliefs.

Religious employers should be stopped form implementing Taliban-like control over their employees.......newsflash.....we are no longer living in the dark ages.
Or if you are not Catholic and you want it, just go work somewhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies