Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,821,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I predict all of the speeches tonight (SOTU, Republican response, Tea Party response) will be filled to the brim with BS.
With Herman Cain giving the tea party response, it's going to be a not to miss train wreck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,508,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I have no plans to listen to this idiot. I will be watching a movie instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I won't be watching his campaign speech either.
Of course you wont but you'll surely comment on what you "heard" about the speech..Par for the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I LOVE this from Romney;

Romney issues preemptive Obama jabs – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Yep, he'll be full of divisiveness, which is the cornerstone of his campaign.
Cayman Romney must be the most pompous clown on the planet..He ironically choose to make a divisive statement before the President has uttered a word. But, alas, we know what Governor Tax Haven is trying to do. He's simply laying a preemtive strike in a weak attempt to head off Obama using him as a clear illustration of how the extremely wealthy are enabled by our laws which Cayman wants to enhance. It's why Cayman didn't want to release his records, it's why has already flatly refused to do what his father did to ensure that this one year wasn't a sham. But as we already know, republican sheeple will side with Cayman because in their deluded brains they're all wealthy in waiting..Very sad.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:28 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
Ummm.. I have more important things to do..... Like clip my toenails.....

Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ummm.. I have more important things to do..... Like clip my toenails.....
Its that attitude that diminishes the state of the union address to the meaningless thing it usually is.

If everyone is paying attention, then you have to be more careful about what you say.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,327,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
and wasn't it nice of the google boys to advertise it for free, right there on the main page?

BARF!

Let me guess:
  1. Obama is going to ask for a few trillion more in spending for various things that he'll claim will "jump start" the economy.
  2. He'll tell us that unemployment is now well below 9% (even though the real figure is around 13%)
  3. He'll tell us how many jobs he's created (even though there is no evidence, and he shut down the XL Pipeline project, and thus 200,000 jobs, and has continued to block drilling in the gulf, leaving those people without work, and the rigs leaving for foreign waters.
  4. He'll speak about "green" energy.
  5. He'll praise the Unions (he'll use the term, "workers").
  6. He'll blame Republicans for obstructing "needed" legislation, and scold them for opposing a ridiculous 1 month extension of a payroll tax reduction that only promises bankrupt Social Security. What it is is a plan that actually de-funds Social Security.
This will be more of the same lies and deception that we have come to expect from Obama and Democrats.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its that attitude that diminishes the state of the union address to the meaningless thing it usually is.

If everyone is paying attention, then you have to be more careful about what you say.
First of all, I don't have a television and don't want one. Secondly I will be traveling tonight. Thirdly as all presidents do just prior to a election year, this will be a election campaign speech and NOT a state of the union address. This isn't my first rodeo....

Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Of course you wont but you'll surely comment on what you "heard" about the speech..Par for the course.

Cayman Romney must be the most pompous clown on the planet..He ironically choose to make a divisive statement before the President has uttered a word. But, alas, we know what Governor Tax Haven is trying to do. He's simply laying a preemtive strike in a weak attempt to head off Obama using him as a clear illustration of how the extremely wealthy are enabled by our laws which Cayman wants to enhance. It's why Cayman didn't want to release his records, it's why has already flatly refused to do what his father did to ensure that this one year wasn't a sham. But as we already know, republican sheeple will side with Cayman because in their deluded brains they're all wealthy in waiting..Very sad.
Mitt Romney has a brother,...Cayman Romney? Wow!!! Who knew?

There is a BIG positive for this SOTU address. We won't have to watch Nancy Pelosi pop up out of her chair behind Obama every time Obama's lips move.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM

7,815 posts, read 6,399,445 times
I hear he is going to promise to reunite Adele and her boyfriend.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:34 PM

2,032 posts, read 6,893,298 times
I don't know if anyone saw the "Morning Joe" show this morning on MSNBC as
Zbigniew Brzezinski, former U.S. National Security Advisor spoke about why America is in decline and is seen around the world as a declining nation.
Many of these comments echo his concerns about how ignorant the American people are about the important issues that face us and this speech is not meant to be about whether Obama is disliked or liked. It is serious stuff and so far I haven't heard anything from the republicans to suggest they have the answers. The speech is meant to be a "pep rally" just like in high school before
the homecoming game.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I have no plans to listen to this idiot. I will be watching a movie instead.
Birth of a Nation, perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies