Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Doesn't even take 20..all it takes is one protestor destroying property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Let's deport them to Mexico... or Iraq.
we should drop them off in Kabul with a sign that says "Allah aint that great."

Old 01-31-2012, 01:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Throwing rocks isn't violent? Interesting take you have on the situation. So capitalism is more damaging than violence? Heaven help this country....
Isn't this, what they do in Third World Countries!!

Old 01-31-2012, 01:48 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are all identified as OWS and whatever the fringe groups do will be attributed to the movement.

But the movement does not want any type of central leadership so there will be no ONE person to speak for the group.

Where is their "MLK" ?
Thought you may be interested in this:

Daily Kos: Dear Oakland Mayor Quan, you do not need to call me, here is MY response to YOUR demands

Old 01-31-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Well the Black Bloc is spreading.

Occupy Wall Street: 12 Arrested During Manhattan March In Support Of Occupy Oakland (VIDEOS)
In a few instances, protesters tossed glass bottles at NYPD officers, prompting police to charge into the crowd and make arrests.
Protesters' tactics Sunday were a stark departure from the normally nonviolent demonstrations conducted in New York since September, when the movement started.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:24 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well the Black Bloc is spreading.

Occupy Wall Street: 12 Arrested During Manhattan March In Support Of Occupy Oakland (VIDEOS)
In a few instances, protesters tossed glass bottles at NYPD officers, prompting police to charge into the crowd and make arrests.
Protesters' tactics Sunday were a stark departure from the normally nonviolent demonstrations conducted in New York since September, when the movement started.

Yes, black bloc is spreading. You may have heard me speak of Tim Poole? He was attacked over the weekend in NYC. It has been said many times, black bloc is LEO infiltrating the movement in attempts to escalate violence.

We shall see.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:36 PM

Well the NY crowd are siding with the protesters, violent or not.

Occupy Wall Street | NYC Protest for World Revolution
"We stand with Oakland and call for the immediate resignation of Quan, who on Saturday made it clear that the state has abandoned democracy and joined the 1% in declaring war against the people."

Old 01-31-2012, 03:01 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,962,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Think the last I saw, Pelsoi and President Obama encouraged and praised the OWS. Your post doesn't fly!!
Obama is a charlatan that knows how to play the divide and conquer well as he hands out millions to Wall Street Banksters and Mega Corps.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Here we are.. We have come full circle. Again, "Guilt by association". If you are with someone and they steal a car, you are guilty by law of grand theft auto. If you are with someone that commits a murder, you are guilty of accomplace to murder. If you are with someone who is caught committing a sexual assault, you will be charged with sexual assault. Decisions we make in life have conscequences. You don't have to committ a violent act to be charged with it. All you have to do is be with those who do. It's all about decisions, good and bad. The right decision would have been to have left at the first sign that things were getting out of hand.

Guilt by association you say?
Would that apply also to all those Banksters and Mega Corp heads that are in our government as well as associating with politicians to give them an edge over the "free market"

The biggest bunch of criminals are the politicians and those in bed with them then.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:10 PM

Here is a first hand account from someone that was at the Oakland Protest:

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday, page 1

I Was Arrested At Occupy Oakland Yesterday

Quote:
I was across the street from the person who took the above video. I was between the riot police and the Occupy March...leaning against a car eating an apple. A tear gas canister hit my foot and caused its' effect - a teary eyed and half suffocated MemoryShock though I likened the experience to eating too much wasabi (didn't really phase me).

One of the impressions I will never forget is that the riot police, despite the fact that they were giving very vocal warnings of the possibility for severe injury, did indeed fire high velocity projectiles into a crowd of unarmed people. There was no provavcation save for a group of many people fed up with the state of our society attempting to use peaceful assembly guarenteed by our constitution. I am no authority on the matter but I know what I witnessed...and there is a reason that I placed myself in between the two groups; I wanted to witness the events. A pal of mine may have more video but I was strictly there to witness...

I noticed the riot police, after much tear gas, flash bombs, smoke grenades and rubber bullets (I was yelling at them to "Not Hurt People"; astounding that they had no compunction) start their forward march onto the crowd...about fouty five against hundreds...and they were on me in muntes...I turned around, was bumped to the ground without resisting and was immediately zip tied and placed in a police cruiser. I was then taken to the Alameda Police Department where I was detained until 5am the next morning...when I was released after watching waves of other Occupiers follow in with their incarceration...

The one thing I did notice throughout the night (little sleep occurred) was that everyone was animate and talkative. Much discussion was had and no one was necessarily distressed at having to spend the night in prison...though there may have been a few people unfairly tacked with assault charges (I have a 409; for refusal to disburse from an 'unlawful assembly')...and there was more comradarie then I would have expected.

I do not see this movement ending soon...and after my first very involved interaction, I am looking forward to seeing this movement evolve...though I concede that changes are going to need to be made and more education amongst those who are presenting adversity is required.

And there it is...a first hand account...more later if and when it transpires...because who can really predict the future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies