Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 08:37 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times

Advertisements

Canada: Shafias guilty of first-degree murder in Islamic honor killing

The judge said it best:

Quote:
“It is difficult to conceive of a more despicable, more heinous crime...the apparent reason behind these cold-blooded, shameful murders was that the four completely innocent victims offended your completely twisted concept of honour ... that has absolutely no place in any civilized society.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Only 25 years. The father and highly likely leader should be life with ZERO chance of parole doing back breaking labor 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

The other 2. Probably about right for being accessories.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I do not understand how murdering defenseless women can do anything but destroy a person's and family's honor for the rest of time. I only hope these barbarians spend a very long time regretting their evil deeds even if I doubt if they understand that what they did was evil.

I personally think that imprisonment is insufficient punishment for this henious crime. I think they should have been drowned in pig's blood so their twisted souls would spend eternity in some Muslim hell.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
> I think they should have been drowned in pig's blood so their twisted souls would spend eternity in some Muslim hell.<

Its Canada. They dont do the death penalty thing.

er werent you disagreeing with me on a previous death penatly thing a month or so ago? I think it was about the ones in Guantanamo. If not, er sorry. Not that I disagree. I kinda like where you are going with this, but as above. That is about as much as you can get in Canada.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Say what you want i do not care!!!!!!!!!! they are twisted son of a b---- that hide behind a idealogy, of honor my ass.

These people who think as they do, and their beliefs, are sick twisted, tormented souls. They know of no true love, if they can truly find honor, in the murder of defenseless women.

Now someone should do to them,, what they have done to those women: Hey remember all in the name of Honor Here!

These people i say often are barbaric in their actions, a people who will never grow, because they see not what they do, as wrong.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:31 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Religion of peace strikes again!

Old 01-30-2012, 07:52 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
Here is some news coverage of the event.

Honor KIlling Interview: Michael Coren on FOX TV - YouTube

Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
> I think they should have been drowned in pig's blood so their twisted souls would spend eternity in some Muslim hell.<

er werent you disagreeing with me on a previous death penatly thing a month or so ago? I think it was about the ones in Guantanamo. If not, er sorry. Not that I disagree. I kinda like where you are going with this, but as above. That is about as much as you can get in Canada.
If the crown applies to have them declared, "dangerous offenders" they will never get out of jail. I would not be the least surprised to hear of that application in the coming days.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not understand how murdering defenseless women can do anything but destroy a person's and family's honor for the rest of time. I only hope these barbarians spend a very long time regretting their evil deeds even if I doubt if they understand that what they did was evil.

I personally think that imprisonment is insufficient punishment for this henious crime. I think they should have been drowned in pig's blood so their twisted souls would spend eternity in some Muslim hell.
Exactly how I feel. Every time I question the death penalty, a case like this comes up to remind me that there are some sick, twisted people in this world. And religiously motivated hate crimes are the absolute worst, IMO.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

We also have the "dangerous offender" classification that is applied for after guilt is determined as explained already in a previous poster's resonse.

And; once a sentance is passed by the jury, it remains in force and effect, subject to judicial review through the legal process's of appeal only.

No idiotic, vote currying, Governor pardon's granted to murder's, who've already been judged by a jury of their peers, up here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies