Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:55 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times

Advertisements

I was researching Israel on the net when one link took me to another and another etc. and unfortunately I came upon a horrifying article. I clicked on the associated video without thinking and what I saw can be described as the most EVIL I have ever seen in my life. Now, these images are haunting me daily and I wonder why I ever came upon this and clicked that video. It has just disturbed me greatly that human beings can be such heartless monsters.

This poor and helpless girl was humiliated and made to suffer in the most cruel way while a mob of 1000 men took joy in her extreme suffering.

When I was in Germany I visited Dachau and read the famous sign that said "Never again will we allow such a thing to happen" and here we are again.

I thought a lot about posting this here but then decided to post it anyway because I believe the truth must not be witheld. People should KNOW what kind of atrocities are going on in this world and committed in the name of religion, customs and "honor".

Stoning of Du'a Khalil Aswad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WARNING: VIDEOS THAT ARE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE 'REFERENCES' ARE EXTREMELY GRAPHIC, VERY VERY DISTURBING and ABSOLUTELY HORRIFYING. PLEASE DO NOT watch the videos or click on this article if you think you will not be able to handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
i have no interest in seeing a video of someone suffering and being tortured, and will not participate in her further victimization.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:18 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
"Honor" killings or punishment are always brutal.

Welcome to the various sand hell countries.

Easy video just brings it into the light.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am usually willing to let other cultures go to hell in their own hand baskets but sometimes I would like to accelerate the process.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:48 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
I won't watch it, I can't watch it. What was her crime? Showing an ankle? Not agreeing to an arranged marriage? Being raped? Or, god forbid....did she sleep with a guy before marriage?

The only reason that these types of things are being done without fear of UN sanctions is that they fall under the heading of 'god', and most specifically islam. If this video was done in a polish village filled with catholics....do you think it would receive the same tepid response? How about a small town in alabama with rock throwing baptists? No. It would not be tolerated on the world stage. But because this is islam -- you hear nothing. When you try to ask muslims about this, they fall back on 'hey, its cultural...besides, they (the victims) asked for it by breaking allahs law". I don't know what is more disgusting, the very act of this or the fact that the western world condones it by our silence.

Oh, and before someone tries to gloss over this with the standard 'oh yeah? You guys burned women as witches', that was in the dark ages....apparently a time modern islam continues to embrace.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:04 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
But because this is islam
Not in this case. The attackers were Yazidis, not Muslims. The Yazidi religion is an ancient one that predates Islam by thousands of years, and comes from Persian Iran, not the Arabian peninsula.

The girl in this case was killed for being romantically linked to a Muslim. The Yazidis believe that Muslims are trying to exterminate them through a program of ethnic cleansing or even genocide. This isn't an unfounded fear; 800 of them died in a single suicide bombing last year in Iraq.

Quote:
The only reason that these types of things are being done without fear of UN sanctions
This happened in Iraq. You want the UN to put sanctions on the US-funded government of Nouri al-Maliki? What good would that do, either for Iraq or for the US?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Not in this case. The attackers were Yazidis, not Muslims. The Yazidi religion is an ancient one that predates Islam by thousands of years, and comes from Persian Iran, not the Arabian peninsula.
Then its cultural.....either way it is being tolerated if not encouraged in a theocracy and that is disgusting.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:18 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,298,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Then its cultural.....either way it is being tolerated if not encouraged in a theocracy and that is disgusting.

that whole part of the world is messed up

Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Quote:
Then its cultural
Yes, it certainly is.

Quote:
it is being tolerated if not encouraged in a theocracy
Well, it's in Iraq. This is the country George Bush implied would be a cakewalk to "democratize" and turn into a sterling little political success story. I wonder if he even knew the word "Yazidi" at the time he launched the invasion, to say nothing of his ability to judge the wisdom of other aspects of that operation.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:20 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have no interest in seeing a video of someone suffering and being tortured, and will not participate in her further victimization.
Accusing the OP of victimizing the girl further? Ouch. Educating people about these things instead of hiding from the ugly truth is hard to classify as victimizing the girl.

If I were that girl, I would want the world to see what occurred there. It's hard for evil like that to stand scrutiny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies