Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,586,370 times

Advertisements

He visited the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation today. One of my friends works there. He was apparently asked about our current political situation, to which he replied that our country's political state is (direct quote) "the worst it's ever been in its entire history".

When a presidential slug like Carter starts calling you out, you know you're inept...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 05:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
You can read all what right wingers think is a "slug" of a President right here.

Jimmy Carter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read his bio and know how warped their priorities are.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You can read all what right wingers think is a "slug" of a President right here.

Jimmy Carter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read his bio and know how warped their priorities are.
1) I'm a centrist
2) I don't need to read his bio. His presidency can be summed up in one statement: He gave away the Panama Canal. For Free.
3) He's widely regarded as one of the worst presidents of all time. Nice guy. Horrible leader.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,547,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
1) I'm a centrist
2) I don't need to read his bio. His presidency can be summed up in one statement: He gave away the Panama Canal. For Free.
3) He's widely regarded as one of the worst presidents of all time. Nice guy. Horrible leader.
Agree with all of the above. And, Pres. Carter carping about politicians is just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
1) I'm a centrist
Your'e not a centrist. You're someone who refers to, what by all accounts as the least corrupt President in Decades, as a "slug". Someone who thinks giving the Panama Canal back to the country it belongs to his a big deal compared to the needless wars and lawlessness that goes on now.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Agree with all of the above. And, Pres. Carter carping about politicians is just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Oh right because Carter was the biggest "poltiician" of them all?

His human right work and habitat for hummanity work was all a big scam.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:33 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,211,007 times
Carter is just happy that Obama has finally replaced him as "worst president ever".

Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
1) I'm a centrist
Considering Carter to be one of the wrose presidents of all time is not a centrist view.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 PM

136 posts, read 193,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Considering Carter to be one of the wrose presidents of all time is not a centrist view.
I am a registered Democrat. I voted against Bush in both of his elections.

Carter was one of the worst, if not the worst, president in the management of both foreign affairs and the economy. In addition to that, he has disgraced the office of the presidency by gallavanting around the world literally embracing terrorists and murderers.

The Face of Evil: Hamas and Jimmy Carter - Atlas Shrugs
The Damage of Jimmy Carter - US News and World Report
Jimmy Carter Embraces Hamas Official
Jimmy Carter and Hamas - Washington Times

Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
That's not for you to decide. I know my beliefs. And I know they fit neither neatly in the left's box or the right's box. It's about 50/50. Thus, centrist. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

See, you and pad just don't get it. Nobody is calling Carter corrupt or a bad guy or the like. We're calling him a horrible president. Which he was, and will always remain. You can be a nice guy and be a horrible leader. Most are. That's Jimmy Carter.

And btw, the Canal didn't "belong" to Panama. We built it. We controlled it. We paid the upkeep on it. To a point, we still do. It was ours. If Jimmy wanted to give something away, he should have given away Guam or Puerto Rico....something we don't need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies