Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 01:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Having a prejudice not knowing what it is to be on the receiving end of dent in the head males, you'd need to get an education about intimate violence and sexual coercion. hat some of you think is romance, exactly is NOT.

The morning after pill is an abortion. It's chemical, as opposed to more invasive procedures.

He already had his choice to opt out of fatherhood when he failed to get his 100% effective vasectomy. Then he had a choice to refrain from having sex with women who do not remotely resemble the mother of his would be children.

Demanding all of womankind be his personal prostitute isn't working for the rest of us. It's way past time RTL and Pro choice declare open season on Letharios. Don't make it our problem and we'll be happy to live and let live. Don't put your irresponsibility on the heads of children, and I have no grounds to excuse you from legitimate consideration in public policy. Live in your brothel forever, but don't dare dump your crap on the rest of us handing children the bills for your nasty habits.
The morning after pill prevents a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb wall.

A process that happens all the time for many women naturally all over the country.

That isn't an abortion. Eggs are fertilized inside the tubes, not the womb. Ugh. You people should really take a course on human reproduction and fetal development before making such silly arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 01:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
You say the woman has the only say in the abortion decision, then try to say the man owes 18 years of child support based on her decision. That logic doesn't fly. Those are two different decisions. Choosing to give birth to a baby and choosing to raise that baby are not the same thing.

The fact that a man does not participate in the first decision does not ipso facto remove his ability to participate in the second decision.

After all, the decision of whether to keep the baby or give the baby up for adoption occurs after the baby is born.

Again, using your logic -- if you're pregnant and the father indicates his desire not to raise the child, and you make and informed descision to have that child anyway and do not give it up for adoption, then get ready to raise it without any claims on the man.
I would be against any law that would prohibit a man from stepping up to the plate and truly parenting rather than treat his children like a credit card bill he's paying off from afar in his cayman island existence. Children really do need fathers. They just don't need boys in mens bodies playing mind games or throwing them under the bus to mask what is a failure of a boy to be a man. That's the real argument going on in divorce & custody cases alike.

"She" didn't steal his crown of fatherhood. He made himself unworthy of it, and it is her (biological, to hell with legalistic doublespeak smarm) responsibility to protect her children and herself. Religions interfering with her responsibility yields decades of family violence to it's inevitable conclusion of death. What's the cure for wayward males? Taking more bad advice from your locker room buddies that started the problem in the first place? What lawyer in the history of family court has ever saved a marriage? Who in clergy is qualified to provide marital counseling when their theology embraces misogyny?

Your arguments betray your own inability to comprehend the role of parent. Children are not chattel. They are not toys to discard. Raising children without any claims on the man is not in their best interest, and it's not in the best interest of civilization either. You are, as is memphis & Bill Maher/ Hugh Heffner characters, excellent candidates for vasectomies if you're incapable of being responsible for yourselves spending all your life energy dodging accountability. To be, or not to be a father is your choice the day you take meaningful possession of the decision to get a vasectomy or not.

Cowardly using gullible/ low esteem women and innocent children as collateral damage to service irresponsibility- to dodge what ought to be a willful conscious decision on your part- doesn't cut the mustard. Boys in mens bodies are useless morons masturbating their lives away. Newt Gingrich jackoffs 101. If you don't care for predatory women, and yes, they absolutely DO exist, you'd have to refrain from being a predator yourself (socially/ legally/ religiously leading them to be predators) and figure out a better way to relate to the other half of the species. Preventing women from getting off the predator cycle by banning abortion isn't acceptable. You don't get a vote about their choice. Not now, not ever.

Good luck with your neglected homework. The rest of us aren't obliged to do it for you. Pay your S&M mistress to carry your testicles around for you. The majority of womankind are unwilling.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
I grew up in Maryland, so this freaked me out. Could you point us to these stats?
Opps sorry about that. The United States of Shame (CHART) | Pleated-Jeans.com

I'm not implying maryland is the hell hole of the globe. I'm suggesting that a complex problem will not be answered well by universal policy because it's insensitive to cultural/ regional differences. Citified academia has a severe disadvantage trying to understand whats going so wrong in rural Mississippi. If 10th amendment would be taken seriously... unfortunately the 10th amendment is all too often used to defend dysfunction at the expense of health. Folks too close to the problem often are at a severe disadvantage to solving their own problems. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. I hope the Churches see it too. And soon!

Like cops chasing prostitutes around forever... they're blind to the pimps orchestrating all along. They defend and protect the rights of pimps making a mockery of justice (and religion) in the bargain.

That is my defense of my faith. My Pope will be grievously unhappy to hear it and accuse me of failing to be loyal to HIM (which is not the meaning of Catholicism. My loyalty is to my maker). I defend my faith (from him and wayward males) just the same. Obama was right to make the decision he did. So were the courts protecting an atheist in her public school now being bullied by children in adult bodies faux christians refusing to be accountable for themselves ganging up on a kid. Good for her. Shame on faux christian thugs perverting the Bible to suit themselves.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
trying to prove your some superior GODDESS, trying to talk me down.
Get off the floor I won't be talking down to you. Can't wipe your own behind without legislation?

Fact: I'm old enough to be your grandmother and you have the unmitigated gall to dictate to me what I can and can't do with my own body? Whom is out of control with themselves?

This thread isn't about Komen, abortion, or religion. When you speak it's all about YOU everywhere you go in this forum. It doesn't matter the topic. You're worshiping yourself and believe yourself entitled to force the world into compliance with your self worshiping world view. You're free to get therapy, and I'm free to excuse myself out of your gibberish until the day you appoint yourself tyrant through policy. Which you are.

That said, I can 100% agree you are the problem. Not the rest of the women (and children) you, along with the male cohorts you enable, perpetually use as human shields for your nonsense agendas killing families and peddling misogyny in the name of Jesus. All the while claiming family values! There is no puking smiley, however, it's everything you've earned.

Easy math- if Jesus would rebuke you, you aren't a Christian. No amount of parking your behind in the pew mindlessly punching clocks or inflicting yourself on humanity can make you Christian. You joined an emotionally validating glee club and a hate posse to avoid the full embrace (credit and blame) of individual free will. Joining a group of like minded avoidance of responsibility doesn't make them more in compliance with the Bible. It makes them more likely to justify their own despicable habits of persecuting all others 'failing' to be like minded.

You remind me of that moron evangelical I met in a mechanics garage. I was dressed in my gardening clothes getting a crucial part for my disabled rototiller when he took it upon himself to confront me and call me Sir for 'failing' to publicly live up to his painted lady standards. What a freak of nature he is all decked out in his religious pimp uniform trolling around in plain sight for religious prostitutes!

Pentecostal Brainwashing Techniques - YouTube

How CULTS and DOCTRINES work. Scientology Freemasonry Evangelicals Fascism Communism Capitalism - YouTube

There are support groups for ex pentecostals and fundies. Feel free to join them. Until then, you aren't qualified to be an adult and ought not be considered in any policy decision along with khaos and memphis. Your own logic talked you out of meaningful citizenship. Predators are intrinsically incompatible with Christianity, and with American policy. The awful truth is you've voted to make snake food of yourselves reliably corrupting America since it's inception, and it's never YOUR fault. You'll hold America itself as hostage to force what you refuse to uphold in your own life. What would the founders rebuke in your philosophy? Another litmus test you're free to take.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yet you go ballistic at the idea that men should bear some of the responsibility!
Where did I say men shouldn't bear responsibility!! Men are just as responsible, but in the end they can move along. I only said that men can be mistreated also in this. Don't twist and spin what's not true!
Have you ever heard of women getting pregnant to get a man, or say it's the guy's child and it's not???

Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Get off the floor I won't be talking down to you. Can't wipe your own behind without legislation?

Fact: I'm old enough to be your grandmother and you have the unmitigated gall to dictate to me what I can and can't do with my own body? Whom is out of control with themselves?

This thread isn't about Komen, abortion, or religion. When you speak it's all about YOU everywhere you go in this forum. It doesn't matter the topic. You're worshiping yourself and believe yourself entitled to force the world into compliance with your self worshiping world view. You're free to get therapy, and I'm free to excuse myself out of your gibberish until the day you appoint yourself tyrant through policy. Which you are.

That said, I can 100% agree you are the problem. Not the rest of the women (and children) you, along with the male cohorts you enable, perpetually use as human shields for your nonsense agendas killing families and peddling misogyny in the name of Jesus. All the while claiming family values! There is no puking smiley, however, it's everything you've earned.

Easy math- if Jesus would rebuke you, you aren't a Christian. No amount of parking your behind in the pew mindlessly punching clocks or inflicting yourself on humanity can make you Christian. You joined an emotionally validating glee club and a hate posse to avoid the full embrace (credit and blame) of individual free will. Joining a group of like minded avoidance of responsibility doesn't make them more in compliance with the Bible. It makes them more likely to justify their own despicable habits of persecuting all others 'failing' to be like minded.

You remind me of that moron evangelical I met in a mechanics garage. I was dressed in my gardening clothes getting a crucial part for my disabled rototiller when he took it upon himself to confront me and call me Sir for 'failing' to publicly live up to his painted lady standards. What a freak of nature he is all decked out in his religious pimp uniform trolling around in plain sight for religious prostitutes!

Pentecostal Brainwashing Techniques - YouTube

How CULTS and DOCTRINES work. Scientology Freemasonry Evangelicals Fascism Communism Capitalism - YouTube

There are support groups for ex pentecostals and fundies. Feel free to join them. Until then, you aren't qualified to be an adult and ought not be considered in any policy decision along with khaos and memphis. Your own logic talked you out of meaningful citizenship. Predators are intrinsically incompatible with Christianity, and with American policy. The awful truth is you've voted to make snake food of yourselves reliably corrupting America since it's inception, and it's never YOUR fault. You'll hold America itself as hostage to force what you refuse to uphold in your own life. What would the founders rebuke in your philosophy? Another litmus test you're free to take.
I'll take you advice I'm done with you, that works for me. Some women agree to chemicals in their bodies. That's not anything I would be fond of.

To bad you would trust foreign objects and chemicals over common sense!! It's your body have at it, just don't scream cancer next..............

Old 02-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Planned Parenthood remains the largest provider of reproductive health care in the country. This is even more true for young adults - and young adults are the most vulnerable in the cancer community. So many people, even medical professionals, say we're "too young". There are few screenings for cancers for us. When we get cancer, there are few support networks - many of us don't qualify for SS and even if we did, few of us have been in the working world for long enough to have 6 months to a year of emergency savings saved up. And the longer it takes for us to reach diagnosis, the more invasive the treatment will be requiring more time out of work and more money spent.
Yep. They'd rather see women and children die than ever abandon the notion that womankind is not their personal property to abuse or run in the ground as they see fit. These aren't men. These aren't women either. They're sociopaths turning civilization into one monotonous tribal zero sum game. Doesn't matter how many infants PP saved from genetic defect via prenatal vitamins. Doesn't matter how many high risk pregnancies were averted and the child saved because they properly screened high risk women. They'll blow them up right along with the one woman who made the painful choice to say no to life.

RTL is a terrorist group. No if's, ands, or buts about it. Don't ever kid yourself they aren't.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
All right, the Chief Komen nut steps down...

Komen advisor steps down after Planned Parenthood flap | Reuters

Thank you Fla.Bob for attempting to hijack this thread back to the TOPIC!

I sure wish I could do a multiple "Off Topic" report...but no, still got that wierdo with the Uterus Envy whining and moaning and abortion being discussed.

YOO HOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPIC:Komen reverses course on Planned Parenthood

Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's a sad day when the supporters of a non-profit organization which is in the business of ending lives claim the moral high ground over a non-profit organization that is the business of saving them.
It's a sad day when your gender continues to use women and children as human shields to justify your own sickness in social policy. There is no low too low, no contradiction too outrageous, no religion you won't blaspheme, no charitable good worthy of being spared, and no nation you won't disgrace.

I sentence you to a lifetime of solving domestic violence. It's a day late and a dollar short for Josh Powells kids. And for Sharon Tates unborn. And as you commence to nail all of womankind to a cross via policy, the real criminal robbing this nation blind gets by with impunity.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:38 PM

Default Just when you thought they were here to HELP YOU

Guess it like leading sheep to slaughter, most of you don't even realize the chemicals they inject or put in your body and then scream cancer when you were willing to lay their and take it.

Here's some facts on your so called mammograms that should save your lives................

The risk of radiation is apparently higher among younger women. The NCI released evidence that, among women under 35, mammography could cause 75 cases of breast cancer for every 15 it identifies. Another Canadian study found a 52 percent increase in breast cancer mortality in young women given annual mammograms. Dr. Samuel Epstein also claims that pregnant women exposed to radiation could endanger their fetus. He advises against mammography during pregnancy because "the future risks of leukemia to your unborn child, not to mention birth defects, are just not worth it." Similarly, studies reveal that children exposed to radiation are more likely to develop breast cancer as adults.
Learn more: Mammograms cause breast cancer (and other cancer facts you probably never knew)

Mammography benefit and harm by Ray Sahelian, M.D.
Mammograms not recommended for women under 40
A report in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute finds mammograms detect few cancers in women under the age of 40 but cause expense and anxiety because women frequently get "false positives" that require follow-up to rule out cancer. Radiologist Bonnie Yankaskas of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill examined the records of women aged 18 to 39 when they got their first mammograms starting in 1995, following them for a year to see what happened. There were no tumors among the women under 25. For women aged 35 to 39, 12 per 1,000 got called back for further checks after the mammogram produced a suspicious-looking lesion. Very few actually had a tumor. "In a theoretical population of 10,000 women aged 35 to 39 years, 1,266 women who are screened will receive further workup, with 16 cancers detected and 1,250 women receiving a false-positive result," according to Dr. Bonnie Yankaskas. "Harms need to be considered, including radiation exposure because such exposure is more harmful in young women, the anxiety associated with false-positive findings on the initial examination, and costs associated with additional imaging." About 30 percent of U.S. women aged 30 to 40 have had a mammogram. Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 2010.

Women ages 71 and over
Women over 71 or 75 can stop being screened, because no studies have shown that it helps them. If they do develop breast cancer, it is likely to be a slow-growing type that will not kill them or they are likely to die from heart disease or other causes and avoid a diagnosis of cancer along with radiation and chemotherapy. Finding tumors in older people turns them into cancer patients and erodes their peace of mind forever. The psychological cost of becoming a cancer patient is underrated.
Women with dementia
Some elderly women with severe cognitive impairment are getting mammography breast cancer screening even though they are unlikely to ever benefit from it. American Journal of Public Health, 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies