Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 10:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

If you donate directly to the Planned Parenthood Breast Health Fund, Bloomberg will match all donations.

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Don...und_0212_c3_fb

Quote:
Politics should never interfere with women's access to breast cancer services. To ensure women's access to lifesaving care at Planned Parenthood health centers nationwide, Mayor Mike Bloomberg will match every gift to the Planned Parenthood Breast Health Fund (up to a total match of $250,000).

There is no more effective way to help Planned Parenthood health centers provide breast health education, screenings, and referrals for mammograms to women who very often have nowhere else to turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They were offering gift certificates that applied to ANY service they offered including birth control, std testing and yes, abortion. I see absolutely nothing wrong this...even the article stated that the economy is forcing many women to forego basic preventative treatment like pap smears.

I do like how the article focused on one service, twisted it, and the quoted the bible a few times for good measure.
The very fact of an "abortion gift card", is pretty sick. Not sure, I'd want to open a gift and find an "abortion gift card."

Come on, even you must think this is slightly disgusting.

The other stuff, I can see.............this is to much, I think some of you have left reality, has nothing to do with being religious.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The very fact of an "abortion gift card", is pretty sick. Not sure, I'd want to open a gift and find an "abortion gift card."

The other stuff, I can see.............this is to much, I think some of you have left reality, has nothing to do with being religious.
Except for the little fact that it wasn't an abortion gift card, it was a Planned Parenthood gift card that could be used on any services they offer.

If I were broke and hadn't been able to get a pap smear in 2 years I'd be pretty happy that someone thought of my health enough to give that to me.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:

You think there is such a thing as an "abortion gift card" and yet others have left reality? Oh, ok.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:

Pardon me. Who are you accusing of believing there is such a thing as an "abortion gift card"?

Do you think we are stupid enough to believe that poppycock?

Old 02-03-2012, 01:09 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Read the article. You can lead a horse to water.........

Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 AM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Read the article. You can lead a horse to water.........
Maybe you should take your own advice...

"This year’s predominant holiday gift idea from Planned Parenthood is particularly bizarre and—well, just plain gruesome. According to Fox News, a number of Planned Parenthood’s abortion clinics in Indiana and Illinois are offering certificates that would allow friends and loved ones to give girl friends, sisters, mothers, and other women the “gift of life” — which in Planned Parenthood parlance means a voucher for reproductive health check-ups and birth control services that include, yes, you guessed it: abortion."

Condoms are one of many items sold at Wal-Mart... so if I give my 13 year-old goddaughter a Wal-Mart gift card, would you accuse me of giving her a "condom gift certificate?" Btw, nice news source (sic) you picked there.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
So now the Left and the compliant media are in full attack mode on Komen...an organization that for 30 years has been at the forefront of breast cancer and helping women. Now they are the enemy.

See, it's ALWAYS ALL about abortion for these people. If you break ranks, you best watch out.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So now the Left and the compliant media are in full attack mode on Komen...an organization that for 30 years has been at the forefront of breast cancer and helping women. Now they are the enemy.

See, it's ALWAYS ALL about abortion for these people. If you break ranks, you best watch out.
Organizations get big, founders priorities change, the lose their focus, lose touch with their grass roots supporters.

Nobody is denying KFTC did good things.

...but they turned into a right wing, political organization for country club Republican women.

Lots of organizations that help women will take their place.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Organizations get big, founders priorities change, the lose their focus, lose touch with their grass roots supporters.

Nobody is denying KFTC did good things.

...but they turned into a right wing, political organization for country club Republican women.

Lots of organizations that help women will take their place.
Same could be said for PPH! except they became a left wing liberal organization for out of touch with reality, entitlement happy women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies