Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Too funny! Caught in your own little mess and that's all YOU could come up with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You know what's even funnier? The fact that the first person to mention Whalin' Palin was NOT a liberal.

As usual, the first person to bring Palin into the conversation was someone from the RIGHT and the very next post was someone from the RIGHT saying:

So, yes, "people" have to mention Palin.....but it isn't anyone from the LEFT.

LMAO
You two really find this of importance, so what if I commmented on what a poster says, looks like I'm becoming as popular as Palin. Didn't know that could happen on CD.

Next you two will be moving next door to me and writing a book!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You two really find this of importance, so what if I commmented on what a poster says, looks like I'm becoming as popular as Palin.
As popular? Doubtful.

But there are some clear similarities in other areas.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
As popular? Doubtful.

But there are some clear similarities in other areas.

See you found the need to comment, I'm sure your not following me either.

Looks like you guys are making this more about me then what the OP has asked. Guess the birther's are on to more interesting issues, like making President Obama a one term President.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
See you found the need to comment, I'm sure your not following me either.
I follow the Birther threads. When you show up to contribute your idiocies and irrelevancies, I notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds
Looks like you guys are making this more about me then what the OP has asked.
But 3S...

Isn't it always about you?

Old 02-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I follow the Birther threads. When you show up to contribute your idiocies and irrelevancies, I notice.

But 3S...

Isn't it always about you?

There's a little thing called ignore me, is your button broken. It's not about me or Palin, now is it, and I haven't tried to make it that way. I don't think Palin will becoming here any time soon, stick around one never knows, she just might pop in.

Think the birther's are bored with the whole thing, moving on to a New President his birth certificate won't matter come November.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You know what's even funnier? The fact that the first person to mention Whalin' Palin was NOT a liberal.

As usual, the first person to bring Palin into the conversation was someone from the RIGHT and the very next post was someone from the RIGHT saying:

So, yes, "people" have to mention Palin.....but it isn't anyone from the LEFT.

LMAO

I think I was the one who mentioned Palin, but it was to make a point which seems to have gon over most liberal heads here.

My point was a comparison between Palin and the Birthers, both of which are particular obsessions of a segment of the left. They are seeking a whipping boy. I don't think this is even debatable. Liberal colunist Charles Blow did a column on it, castigating his fellow libs over the Palin obsession, complete with supporting stats:
She Who Must Not Be Named - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Blow
The same leftward skew is also true on television. An analysis of CNN, MSNBC and Fox News from Nov. 3 to Dec. 2, using data from ShadowTV, a monitoring service, found that CNN mentioned the name “Sarah Palin†nearly 800 times. (O.K., I had to write her name there. Sorry.) Left-leaning MSNBC mentioned it nearly 1,000 times. But Fox News, which employs her, mentioned it fewer than 600 times. (Secondary mentions like “Sarah†or “Palin†are not included in the count. Neither is “Mama Grizzly.â€)
People on the left seem to need her, to bash her...
I'm willing to bet that if you did an analysis of 'birther' you would find the exact same effect.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
I'm curious as to the political orientation of the OP. I click on 'find all posts by wrecking ball' and the first three pages of posts are all about birtherism and the meaning of 'natural born.' I didn't take the time go keep looking beyond 3 pages.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I'm curious as to the political orientation of the OP. I click on 'find all posts by wrecking ball' and the first three pages of posts are all about birtherism and the meaning of 'natural born.' I didn't take the time go keep looking beyond 3 pages.

independent. blissfully/tragically so. i've voted democrat, republican and 3rd party . i never have and don't see myself hitching my wagon to any one party any time in the foreseeable future.

nearly all my posts in this forum are in birther threads. i don't see birtherism so much as a partisan issue but as an extreme example of cognitive dissonance.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I think I was the one who mentioned Palin, but it was to make a point which seems to have gon over most liberal heads here.

My point was a comparison between Palin and the Birthers, both of which are particular obsessions of a segment of the left. They are seeking a whipping boy. I don't think this is even debatable. Liberal colunist Charles Blow did a column on it, castigating his fellow libs over the Palin obsession, complete with supporting stats:
She Who Must Not Be Named - NYTimes.com

I'm willing to bet that if you did an analysis of 'birther' you would find the exact same effect.
This thread is not about Sarah Palin, is it? There is not one thread about Sarah Palin in the first two pages (60 threads) on P&OC. Who exactly is it who is obsessed with her?

Old 02-08-2012, 04:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
There's a little thing called ignore me, is your button broken. It's not about me or Palin, now is it, and I haven't tried to make it that way. I don't think Palin will becoming here any time soon, stick around one never knows, she just might pop in.

Think the birther's are bored with the whole thing, moving on to a New President his birth certificate won't matter come November.
Yes it will matter forever to them. Its not about him being one term (which he will not)its about erasing him from the history books. They want to go back to saying no blacks have ever been or ever will be PRESIDENT. Thats it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies