Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ask the Army and Marines what air power does for you, anyone who served from 1989 through 1991.

Total war, dominate the skys, clear the ground, advance without resistance.
Army, Marines, Navy - all boots on the ground. I was speaking metaphorically. I agree with you. The problem is we are moving towards a system that depends on computer hackers, algorithms, and similar for intelligence. Drones are an extension of the plan.

There was an unclassified report I saw a few years ago that touched on the information overload. They monitor everything we say. I've accepted that. There is no privacy.

They filter the oceans of data based on keywords, patterns, and other complex algorithms. These guys were tasked in an exercise to try and intercept intelligence from suspected "bad guys". A modern war game. The "bad guys" simply dropped letters in the US mail. The "good guys" were so busy snooping email and ISP's and hacking that they missed the most obvious method of communication.

Say there is a coup and then a revolt and the people want to take back power. If millions of people sent emails with certain words in them it would overload their ability to filter valid intelligence from chaff. If I sent text messages with those words - same result. And finally if everyone picked up the phone and started chatting and repeating those keywords. Their recourse is to shut the system down. Now they have zero intelligence. You and your Wolverines now communicate old school, which leaves them powerless. Maybe its a CB, UHF, or morse code.

Last month there was a story about a guy who determined if you tape a black paper triangle to your face it renders the algorithm for face detection useless. Expect them to outlaw black triangles any day now.

The CSI stuff is BS. Boots on the ground. (or in the sky or at sea).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 05:14 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The point of a thread like this is to perpetuate fear. I do not fear the watchers because I will do as I please anyway. I do not fear these fools.

BTW at the ranges these people are talking about a 12 ga shotgun will take a drone down. If that does not work you follow the drone home and take out the operator.
You sure you are a leftist!?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Why they'll be as thick as flies at a buffalo chip tossing contest. Like the song says "every step you take, every breath you take, we'll be watching you"..............:

Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress - Washington Times
Now I know why I never liked that song.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
There is an old saying (if not, I just made it up) "The more complex the system the slower it reacts and the easier it is to confuse or take down". Better to confuse your opponent with false info than take it away. You can gain precious time while he is figuring out his data is false than the warning provided by the data stream shutting down.

Just remember the old ways of communicating such as hard wired telegraph or telephone, messengers on motorcycles or just plain couriers still work. So do old fashioned codes based on page, line and word of specific books. The goal is to get your message through and the action taken before the opponent has time to decode and act on the information. You can also send false information with the intent that it be captured and used.

Anyway, just because they are watching does not mean they understand what they are seeing. Do what you have to do but make it look like you are doing what you are supposed to be doing.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:57 AM

840 posts, read 781,501 times
Before we know it they will be used to take out people here in the U.S.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
If this will all lead to more and more prisons, to house the "bad" guys, I'm all for it, as it's been said our prison costs will evenutally bankrupt this country, and the quicker the better! Then? We start all over from ground zero!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:17 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not quite

millions voted because he had a D next to his name

btw carter/vp bush/ bush1/ clinton/ bush2/ obama...all liberal GLOBALISTS mentored by brzezinski the marxist
Exactly. The only difference between the two parties is in which aspects of the Globalist New World Order will be implemented. Conservatives implement the warfare state. Liberals push the welfare state. Both are designed to take away people's liberty.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:46 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
but, but, but you have nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong.
I had a conversation with my mom and dad about these drones the other day. This was their same response. I about came unglued. I told them to read 1984 and some history books.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:50 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Why they'll be as thick as flies at a buffalo chip tossing contest. Like the song says "every step you take, every breath you take, we'll be watching you"..............:

Drones over U.S. get OK by Congress - Washington Times

start shooting them down, and sooner or later they will stop sending them up to spy on americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies