Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 12:21 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The reality is that the vast majority of guys are not interested in other guys. It's rude to make unwanted sexual advances to anyone, but if it's a male/male situation, you need to be especially careful.
How do you know an advance is unwanted until after you make it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Oh please. I'd bet you every penny I own that if you met me you'd never know I was gay unless I (or somebody else) told you.
Oh, I could tell. Trust me there feller!

Quote:
He didn't say that people should be punched for giving unwanted attention. He's just making the observation that not everyone is going to react in a civilized way. I take his statement as words of advice.

The reality is that the vast majority of guys are not interested in other guys. It's rude to make unwanted sexual advances to anyone, but if it's a male/male situation, you need to be especially careful.
Right you are. I just revved up my bike and left. Some wouldn't do that.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:33 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,172,043 times
Quote:
Dirty hands, scratches gonads, dirty clothes, burps, farts, is eyeballin' the gal bent over etc... He's straight bro! Don't approach. lol

Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
You don't know if it's unwanted, but if you're wise (or at least considerate of others), you should presume that it's not going to be welcomed.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
As well they should.
Why? Because you find straight PDAs less "icky?" Get over it.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Pretty much anyone who doesn't go along with "the plan" is labeled one. Maybe if they didn't try to push their "odd" beliefs down everyone elses throats, the straight people would back off a bit. Mind your business and I'll mind mine. Is that a deal? Don't French kiss your lover or put your hands down their pants in front of people. Is that asking too much? Sheesh!! lol
Well yeah, actually it is... the hand down the pants thing I can understand, but no French kissing in public? I don't particularly enjoy seeing other people kiss, but straight people do that in public all the time - so it's asking a bit much (and discriminating) to ask only gay couples to refrain. Or do you think straight people shouldn't kiss in public either? Regardless, you don't seem very good at "minding your own business."

Old 02-09-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Good point, LOL! As a woman I'm quite used to "unwanted advances," and it's usually no big deal... I've even been hit on by a few lesbians, and again not a big deal. If worst comes to worst, I just use the old "my (very large) boyfriend is coming to pick me up soon" line to get rid of them.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 AM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
To set the facts straight, the definition of Homophobia is to harbor or project any range of negative attitudes towards a homosexual, including BUT NOT LIMITED TO fear.
As a woman I've been raised to be afraid of straight men because of rape, violence (domestic and otherwise), and other testosterone fueled activities. I don't think homophobia is an authentic term in that sense.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:26 AM

674 posts, read 698,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Tell that to the people who think they will get sent to Hell for associating themselves with gays.
I've never met any such people but I'm assuming you have. Are these people homosexuals themselves who are afraid about the consequences of their actions? Or is there a religion that invokes punishment just for associating with gays?

Old 02-09-2012, 07:46 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
You don't know if it's unwanted, but if you're wise (or at least considerate of others), you should presume that it's not going to be welcomed.
So you're saying human beings shouldn't test the waters with other human beings unless they're given an invitation?

Or is it just gay men who shouldn't ever approach another man in hopes of striking it off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies