Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 05:30 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Don't dial 911...dial 1911.
LOLThat'll work...personally,I dial Franchi SPAS 12....loaded with 00 buck first 3 rounds and then Brenneke slugs from there on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 06:07 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
next time get a real firearm vs a bb gun, some training and put those crooks into a pinebox.
She put down the BB gun, and found the 22 rifle.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:11 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There are other ways to protect yourself, a dog is an excellent way and there are sprays and tazers that can work wonders, but the best defence is the tool between your ears, know how to make your home more secure, avoid putting yourself in a position to become a victim and always remain aware of what is going on around you.
None of which will stop a bullet coming at you.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have no desire to own a gun so I'm now on the wrong side of the gun rights issue and am less intelligent?
Is that what you're saying about a very large number of people?
Sounds like partisan hackery to me.
I don't have a problem with you not desiring to own a gun, as long as you don't have a problem with me and other citizen's being legally armed by their own choice.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, gotcha.
I get frustrated at the white man's fear sticks.
I wonder how people would react if more blacks decided to become armed and had open carry with their firearms?
This constant choice to live in fear (not all, but quite a few CD posters seem to enjoy) can't be good for their health.
It makes so many people sound so unbalanced and I don't know if I want a bunch of unbalanced people running around with guns.

I simply choose not to participate in what I think is insanity in insisting that if you don't like guns you're a stupid liberal. It's silly and doesn't provide any reason to listen to the garbage their "side" spews.
I was in the military so long ago, that I had a choice to learn how to use a gun and chose not to.
Have you ever researched Kennesaw Georgia? One of the lowest violent crime rates in the U.S.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,171,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
First, thank you for training people in safe and responsible gun handling, and helping them gain proficiency.

Expect to get attacked for the use of the term ""good" blacks" from those that will do everything possible to ignore the context on how the term is used. I do see something similar on a number of gun boards. An increasing number of law abiding people of all racial minorities, gaining an interest in firearms, both for self defense and simply as a pasttime.
Nose on the charging handle. Control your breathing. Take a deep breath and let about half of it out. Here, hold on a minute and let me put this dime on the end of the barrel while you dryfire unloaded and cleared a few times. Let's see if it falls off when you squeeze the trigger. Lose that Wolf crap ammo. Try some of this M855 for accuracy. Zero your battle sight with this 25 meter zeroing target. It's good to 300 meters now. That thing looks awful dry man. Here's some CLP to lube it up. *Thanks man...you want a Pepsi or something out of the machine* LOL No problem there buddy, it's like shooting fish in a barrel now, isn't it! See you around.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
None of which will stop a bullet coming at you.
Half correct. Most burglars or rapists breaking into a home do not have their gun drawn and believe me that inside a home a dog or dogs can stop someone from ever getting a shot off. Not to mention the fact that while they are busy getting chewed on, the homeowner may very well be getting something to adjust their attitude. As for myself, I have several dogs, all of which would take it real personal if you attempted to break in and I am very well armed and know how and when to use them, not to mention that I was trained to fight on the streets, the military, golden gloves boxing and six years of Taekwondo, and can use several forms weapons besides guns. Thing is, not everyone is as well armed or prepared but having something to use is better than nothng and it is a documented fact that criminals will avoid homes that have dogs, they make too much noise which draws attention and no one enjoys being bitten by a dog, no less a couple of them, believe me it hurts like heck.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:48 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Half correct. Most burglars or rapists breaking into a home do not have their gun drawn and believe me that inside a home a dog or dogs can stop someone from ever getting a shot off. Not to mention the fact that while they are busy getting chewed on, the homeowner may very well be getting something to adjust their attitude. As for myself, I have several dogs, all of which would take it real personal if you attempted to break in and I am very well armed and know how and when to use them, not to mention that I was trained to fight on the streets, the military, golden gloves boxing and six years of Taekwondo, and can use several forms weapons besides guns. Thing is, not everyone is as well armed or prepared but having something to use is better than nothng and it is a documented fact that criminals will avoid homes that have dogs, they make too much noise which draws attention and no one enjoys being bitten by a dog, no less a couple of them, believe me it hurts like heck.

I am far from a paranoid person(paranonia is just perfect awareness anyway),but like you I'm well prepared to live safely.

I live in the country and since we have stock my property is completely surrounded by 4' high woven wire and topped with 3 strands of that cheap J ap barbed wire that will cut you to the bone plus the pastures are cross sectioned which means you will have to deal with several of those fences...at the end of my drive I now have some awesome looking welded gates that I lock at night..I raise working ACDs that are about as friendly as a grizzly bear in heat to strangers and they work in pairs (I now have warning signs at the gate letting you know to honk your horn and to not to leave your vehicle because of the dogs)....IF you make it passed them (and that's a giant if) the noise they have made eating on the intruders and his/their screams will have me up by then and at that point an intruder's nightmare is just beginning.

I don't have anything against anyone and do not want to have to hurt anyone,BUT I and my family will be safe on my property and if a meth head comes looking for an easy target he will be sorely disappointed if he chooses my place by accident....I do not suffer fools well.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:05 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I don't have a problem with you not desiring to own a gun, as long as you don't have a problem with me and other citizen's being legally armed by their own choice.
Yup, that's how I feel. I have a right to defend myself, family, and property.

Gun control is based on the premise that a 110 pound woman has the right
to defend herself against a 250 pound man.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
I love it too. She's a great mom!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies