Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I wonder how people would react if more blacks decided to become armed and had open carry with their firearms?
You're joking, right? Gun control has always been a ploy to disarm the lower classes. In the US it was specifically to disarm blacks. Perhaps if blacks were armed better the high rate of violent crime against blacks would drop?

Did you ever wonder why so many of those incredibly white states in the Northeast and Pacific Northwest have such low crime rates? Are you going to go off on a Liberal diatribe about poverty (code-speak for Black) or could you even entertain the idea that all those white people in New England and Washington state enjoy a low crime rate because they are armed to the teeth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 09:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
If someone enters your home uninvited I think the best outcome that they should expect is that the police will arrive before the homeowner deals with the intruder. Regardless of method, be it large dogs chewing the violater up or a baseball bat to the head. You break into someones home you deserve what ever happens.
I grow weary of the arguments about the value of a human life. Lets face facts some humans are worth more than others. For example I place the value of my 23 yr old autistic daughter above any convicted violent criminal, over any individule that would break into my home or my garage.
I can replace any item in my home. I can repair any damage to my home.
What I can never replace is the feeling of safety that my wife or daughter has in my home. Once some criminal takes that it will leave a scar for life.
I am a Vet, been to war and I have even been shot. I already see the world for what it is and know the worst about man. I think those who feel that a criminal who would break into your home somehow deserves to be treated with dignity or respect or shown any mercy should take a trip to reality.
In my home that criminal will be met by my 1911 that will fire 45 acp 230 grain jacketed hollow points. When the criminal is down I will call for an ambuance. I will render no first aid myself. I have no desire to shoot another human being again. I have killed my share already. Break into my house and pray that I am not at home. Pray that my wife is not at home, because I have taught her how to handle a weapon and my 98 pound Buddhist wife is prepared.
I dont care what race the intruder might be because that is not at all relevant.
I live in a very safe area. Neighbors look out for each other and have a respect for each other. I doubt that I will ever be in such a position to ever need to defend my home. If someone violates my property then they shall enjoy the same respect that they offered me.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Yeah, gotcha.
I get frustrated at the white man's fear sticks.
I wonder how people would react if more blacks decided to become armed and had open carry with their firearms?
This constant choice to live in fear (not all, but quite a few CD posters seem to enjoy) can't be good for their health.
It makes so many people sound so unbalanced and I don't know if I want a bunch of unbalanced people running around with guns.

I simply choose not to participate in what I think is insanity in insisting that if you don't like guns you're a stupid liberal. It's silly and doesn't provide any reason to listen to the garbage their "side" spews.
I was in the military so long ago, that I had a choice to learn how to use a gun and chose not to.

I have no problem with a black/african-american citizen or any other race, that is law abiding to owning a firearm at all.

I do have a problem with having gangbangers and the criminal element owning firearms. no matter what their race is.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Whatever state you are in, you are lucky.
NJ is gestapoville.

try moving, and vote with your feet and pocketbook by moving to a firearm friendly state.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I'm pretty sure that in NJ handguns have to be registered.
Not necessarily shotguns, though.

Of course, the key words here are NEW JERSEY...

When I lived in Pennsylvania I told the police department I had the gun and they asked for the serial number and told me to keep it safe.

In New Jersey they'd probably be breaking down my door to get it!

when I moved to Wisconsin, I told the cops that I had firearms in the home, and they said So.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I'm aware of that and I'm old and have common sense.
The "if you're not armed, you're a liberal idiot" meme gets quite old.

I also choose to not live in the US because I really don't like the guns and gods nonsense.
thats fine if you dont want firearms. just dont push your choices upon those of us that do want firearms.

also, since you dont want firearms in your home, just so you know, the police do not have to answer a 911 call from your home at all. they do not even have to show up.

I believe that there is a scotus ruling on that one.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Guns in the house and business for protection I agree with.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Don't dial 911...dial 1911.
I prefer to use my 7.62x51 HK91 in my home, and no fear of the rounds going through the walls either.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I prefer to use my 7.62x51 HK91 in my home, and no fear of the rounds going through the walls either.

You must have strong walls.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
You must have strong walls.
That is what I was thinking, since everything I have, other than one of the 22s or a shotgun with bird shot, would cut through my walls like butter. There are homes built with logs or cinderblock that could provide that level of density, but no much else that I know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies