Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,185,890 times

Advertisements

If they were all wearing Che T-shirts the press would love them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,457,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I just asked the 2 Marines sitting next to me (my roommate and his buddy), and they don't think my post bad mouthed "our men who are dying for (me)". They also view the confederate flag as a symbol of racism.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:"They also view the confederate flag as a symbol of racism."

Then they too also were not paying attention in 8th grade history.... Is this a recurring theme in the Marines? Just go kill the enemy.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:03 PM

646 posts, read 802,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I just asked the 2 Marines sitting next to me (my roommate and his buddy), and they don't think my post bad mouthed "our men who are dying for (me)". They also view the confederate flag as a symbol of racism.
Well if you got 2 marines sitting right beside you then how come you didnt know what the double s stood for.Instead you saw the marines with confederate flags and said "look more racist flags".So that tells me you thought the double s was a racist flag.If there are infact 2 marines beside you I thank them for their service but not really interested in their views on the Confederate Battle flag.And if you were not bad mouthing them you still sure jumped in real quick with "racist flag" comment.Which is really calling them racist and you have never even met them

Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,045,974 times
I was also in the Marine Corps. No story here. It's just a flag for Scout Snipers.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,227,543 times
I guess all the people here protesting the SS boycotted KISS concerts and refused to listen to their music because it was Nazi based, right?

Get a life will ya?

Couldn't think of Marines posing with part of the KISS logo, nooooo, it's gotta be Nazi...

Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,122,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Well if you got 2 marines sitting right beside you then how come you didnt know what the double s stood for.Instead you saw the marines with confederate flags and said "look more racist flags".So that tells me you thought the double s was a racist flag.If there are infact 2 marines beside you I thank them for their service but not really interested in their views on the Confederate Battle Flag.And they should have told you what the ss stood for
Well, my first post was tongue-in-cheek ("more" was a poor choice of words, I was really only thinking about the confederate flag when I made that post). Secondly, my initial post was made hours ago before my roommate got home (he was in class). And if you're not interested in discussing people's views of the confederate flag, then why did you introduce it into the thread?

Last edited by hammertime33; 02-09-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
How can a flag be racist? Only people can be racist. It is about the intent, not the shape of the symbol.
Perhaps a bit of tact? If somebody wore this:

on a t-shirt while touring Pearl Harbor, I wouldn't be overly concerned with his protestations of innocent intentions. No matter how aestetically pleasing the design is.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,145,735 times
That is one of the most idiotic things I have heard in a long while. Shabazz is the last name Malcolm took after sheading his NOI given last name of X. A time in his life when he became pro-civil rights and progressive. The new black panther party is a fringe group that I have no part of. So your attempt to marginalize me has been turned around in your face.

As a veteran I have the right to criticize actions that I feel are unbecoming of a service man. More so than "Lazy Boy" patriots blogging from their trailer parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
You can call me racist or whatever you like.But when ya'll start jumping to conclusions and bad mouthing our men who are dying for you it is downright pathetic.And this thread started by someone calling himself Shabazz.Shabazz as in kill white babies Malik Shabazz of the new black panthers.You fools

Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,962,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So, this photo was taken in 2010, the Marine Corps has addressed the issue, the marines in the photo are no longer with the unit, and MSNBC still ran this as though it qualified as news. Seriously?

Knowing that MSNBC reports nothing without the Obama administration handing them the script, it would seem MSNBC is doing the bidding for the Obama administration to smear our US Marine Corps.

U.S. News - Marines posed with flag resembling Nazi SS logo in Afghanistan

Didn't even bother to read the story or you would know that had already been done.
Read an article before blasting our soldier's what a novel idea you've got lifelongMOgal.

People never consider what logo's are. Now, I guess the band KISS is Nazi.

Someone might want to tell Gene Simmons, he's really not Jewish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
If they were all wearing Che T-shirts the press would love them.
Victoria's Secret models get away with it, hasn't changed their sales one bit!! Gisele can afford a mansion way over built, selling her Che underwear.

Last edited by wildflower82; 02-09-2012 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,620,275 times
Some people have quite an active imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies