Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2012, 04:44 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
What would happen if they just shrugged and closed their doors?
The hospital will be put up for sale, someone else will buy it and run it and follow the law........ that's capitalism, the American way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 12:00 PM

994 posts, read 725,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The hospital will be put up for sale, someone else will buy it and run it and follow the law........ that's capitalism, the American way.
Uh..no. The whole point of Catholic hospitals is to run them as nonprofit institutions.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Meanwhile, those of us who should be a lock for the GOP (i.e., white, married, monogamous, Christian, upper-middle class, fiscally-conservative SAHMs) are struggling to understand how our party has fallen victim to the sex police. It used to be amusing; now it's terrifying. I never thought I'd see the day when a front-running GOP candidate would be filmed openly promoting an anti-birth control agenda. How did we get here?

Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Did I ever say that? Did I ever indicate in any way that women are of no value as human beings? Why would you imply such? I have a wife who I love dearly.
Hard to believe by your estranged attitude towards the other half of the planet.
Quote:
The Bible speaks of not murdering.
Indeed it does. Care to explain why so many live children and adults are murdered each year? That's another thread.

Quote:
The Bible also speaks of the unborn child.
Yes it does, but it does not mention abortion specifically beyond a cursing (rebuke) of MEN behaving BADLY. Thou shalt not abortion= zero mention.

Quote:
What institutionalized injustice do you speak of?
Disingenuous. When your "world view" writes policies, they come at the expense of & impede meaningful efforts of women to be accountable for themselves. Including, but not limited to, women attempting to say yes to life.

Quote:
People not wishing one to murder an unborn child?
These 'people' shouldn't be murdering them before they were ever conceived. How many millions of men have never been charged with 'committed abortion' by virtue of using my gender as target practice? You won't be picketing fleet week where it all begins.

To these people I have but one thing to say; You can help, or you can get out of the way. Helping yourselves at the expense of those needful of help is not help. Undermining the rights of others to manage their own lives is not your right.

Quote:
Do you feel that women should have the right to terminate the lives of their unborn children? If so, doesn't the child have a right to live?
What life is possible when circumstances dictated externally? But you ignore that and blame women why injustice they're subjected to exists. Circular thinking has never saved the unborn or the living.

Quote:
If anyone should talk about institutionalized injustice, it should be men who have the laws stacked against us in favor of women when it comes to a variety of issues, from custody, to alimony, to healthcare, to an assortment of other issues.
Really now? I'm hard pressed to see you responsible for anything at all. Not one thing. That's what rights means to your half of the species. The right to legalize predatory behavior & dump your problems on the backs of women.

Quote:
It's very upsetting that someone believes that a person has the right to kill an unborn child. It's very troubling.
Is it as troubling all those who cannot be saved? What about the others beyond divine providence? How many have died of curable diseases? How many have died of malnutrition, abuse or neglect? How many have died because the boss wanted an extra $5 in his pocket consequences be damned?

Quote:
The founding fathers were men of deep faith who held love for their country and their God in high esteem.
Yes they did have a relationship with their maker, and they also had considerable DISDAIN for those playing God/ abusing religion for personal gain.

Quote:
As a Christian, the first commandment is to Love the Lord your God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself. If you miss this, you've missed it all.
What meaning does this have with people convinced they are God? Moreover, what meaning does it have with people convinced I ought to abide a defective male standard?

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with calling on godly counsel to help one make proper judgments.
The Papacy is not God. Neither are the sum total of all College of Cardinals since inception to the very end. My maker transcends all crude intellectual grasping mankind has concocted, or will ever concoct, from the beginning to the very end.

Quote:
I'm a Baptist. However, regardless of whatever denomination you belong to, the ultimate authority is what God says, and that's found in His Word.
Catholic theologians (along with other denominations) argue this concept vociferously for centuries and counting. Again, that's another thread.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:41 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Uh..no. The whole point of Catholic hospitals is to run them as nonprofit institutions.
So? Most hospitals are either non-profit or government run, e.g. County Hospitals, state university hospitals, etc.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
About what? Define the problem. My point is that due to the one-child policy China actually committed suicide. They just aren't dead yet.
Balderdash. That region was, and still does, struggle to keep people fed. Step off the beaten tourist path you'll find out. When the means of production are more solidly in peoples individual hands there won't be a need for one child policies. North Korean government isn't so different from Chinese government in structure, however, lacking the 1 child policy...
North Korean famine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
Estimates state that, from a population of approximately 22 million, between 900,000 and 3.5 million people died from starvation or hunger-related illnesses, with the deaths peaking in 1997
Quote:
With respect to abortion, there are few easy answers. Excluding immigration, our birth rate is negative. We are not alone - Japan, Germany, and other industrial powers are in the same position.
Could you socially confront males why they prefer to avoid the job of fatherhood altogether rather than drag the whole of womankind into the argument you're having with yourselves?

Quote:
Other than the obvious moral issue, abortion allows a given society the opportunity to ignore underlying social problems and issues easily & painlessly.
They only have that 'permission' so long as they hide behind arguments against abortion denying all the reasons/ boots on the ground ugly reality why females would elect to have them.

Quote:
Just looking at the math, its a real problem that will eventually lead to the demise of society as we know. I can't state that the generations who survive us won't be better off. If there is any certainty, things change.
You're alluding to a concept that there was ever a moment of social perfection that ought to be preserved as a universal model of righteousness. That is a fantasy save for the life my grandparents maintained despite politics attempting to use my grandmother as a tool to steer the family by. Thankfully, they both had the unified front sense to kick those salesmen to the curb. We are either evolving, or devolving, and it has more to do with what you (and all others) have invested your values into than any other point issue you'd bring up.

Speaking of math...
60 million women said yes to life and gave birth to 60 million WW2 casualties.
And these days no one bothers with truth or dignity to bother counting honestly...
Bosnian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rwandan Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of ongoing military conflicts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
You mean, the whole point is not to institutionally impose their interpretation of morality under the guise of health care? Because all of this becomes a non issue when the authority vested in them isn't abused. Wondering when this 'war on moral relativity' is going to make it's way to their own image in the mirror.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 AM

11 posts, read 14,926 times
The OP is bias, there is no such thing as a war on women, if there is a war then is on men.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:44 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCT33145 View Post
The OP is bias, there is no such thing as a war on women, if there is a war then is on men.
Oh yay, another clueless one.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:
Do you think that someone should have the right to kill another being in cold blood? If not, why? I mean, isn't that someone trying to "impose their views on others".

Seriously. You can't be this myopic. Everyone knows that murdering children is wrong. At least they should know that it is wrong.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies