Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I don't get it... How is he a racist? Did he bash another race in his comment? Am I missing that part of the interview?

Racist:
a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.
Haven't you heard? The definition of "racism" gets broader every day. Oppose the health care bill? Racist! Don't support Obama? Racist! Mention the Founding Fathers? Racist! Not okay with Michael Vick torturing animals? Racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You're right. He's pandered more to the Hispanics than the Blacks.
Although he did promise more summer jobs for the Black inner city youth.
But he's done more groveling to the Hispanic crowd because of his broken Path to Citizenship promise and he doesn't want to lose their vote.

Hispanics are the fastest growing minority race in the US and he can't afford to lose them.
Good point. The Democratic party doesn't really have to do anything to get the Black vote except push for voter registration and "get out the vote" drives. Blacks have consistently voted 90% Democrat for decades. The Dems know they don't have to do any more than that, so they don't.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
And not to be that guy, but it's not particularly difficult to see why many blacks voted for Obama because he's black. We're talking about a group of people that were politically disenfranchised and powerless up until about 50 years ago. For blacks who were born before the Civil Rights movement, what Obama represented in the context of American history alone was enough to justify voting for him because of his race. Even for blacks born after the Civil Rights movement, the possibility of electing a black president symbolized the breaking of a taboo that their parents and grandparents never dared to dream could be broken.

... Seriously, I shouldn't have to spell that out.
Substance is more imporant than symbolism. If this is how the majority think, then we get the government we deserve.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
i voted for obama bek i didnt wana war with iran.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Look folks, I'm a Democrat and I'm black. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was voting for anyone other than Obama. No way.

Black Democrats got to FINALLY realize the dream of having a Black President and you think we're going to vote Republican (never mind the idiots that were in that camp)? Get real.

Now ask me if I would've voted for Herman Cain? In the immortal words of the beautiful Whitney Houston "Hell to the naw!"
It's funny how you call Republicans idiots but in the same post quote Whitney Houston, who was clearly lacking in any kind of judgement, beautiful voice notwithstanding.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Like White people don't vote for whites all the time. What's the point? That a black person voted for another black person to see if someone like him could finally represent him? Because he thought maybe we blacks have a shot after centuries of oppression, aggression, hostility that came from racism, discrimination and hate?

White people get upset? REALLY? Just to show you how naive people are in this country.
You're missing the point. The point is the hypocrisy and double standard of it. If a white person had said he voted for McCain because he was white, he would've been crucified. But it's ok if a black person does it.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:15 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Look folks, I'm a Democrat and I'm black. There was NO WAY IN HELL I was voting for anyone other than Obama. No way.
Glad someone told the truth.

Now what is the white excuse for voting for Obama? Liberal guilt? 30 years old and under and/or looking for someone else to pay their bills?

Quote:
Black Democrats got to FINALLY realize the dream of having a Black President and you think we're going to vote Republican (never mind the idiots that were in that camp)? Get real.
And what a DREAM that turned out to be.

As opposed to voting for someone who served a full term in his "future" political career...vote anyone in based on the color of his skin! What a shame, and how STUPID. How pathetically STUPID.

Quote:
Now ask me if I would've voted for Herman Cain? In the immortal words of the beautiful Whitney Houston "Hell to the naw!"
Well, Herman had a clue. Obama has yet to find one.

What was Whitney high on when she said, "Hell to the naw"? She ended up being NO good example of anything, unfortunately.

Last edited by Informed Info; 02-14-2012 at 12:26 AM..

Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Speaking of racial pandering at its finest:

President Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama - YouTube

Old 02-14-2012, 01:42 AM

323 posts, read 321,774 times
No you voted for the worst president in history!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You're missing the point. The point is the hypocrisy and double standard of it. If a white person had said he voted for McCain because he was white, he would've been crucified. But it's ok if a black person does it.
I've heard White people say that they would never vote for a Black guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies