Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Large protests were never a problem with the TEA Party protests. Maybe it is because:
  • They had legal permits;
  • Obeyed the law;
  • Dispersed when instructed by police to do so;
  • Did not throw rocks or bottles at police or other protesters; and
  • Cleaned up after themselves when they were done.
That is how I define a peaceful protest. The OWS trash is anything BUT peaceful or legal, and they should all be thrown into prison.
Unfortunately, you can have provocateurs and co-opting also thrown into the mix.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Large protests were never a problem with the TEA Party protests. Maybe it is because:
  • They had legal permits;
  • Obeyed the law;
  • Dispersed when instructed by police to do so;
  • Did not throw rocks or bottles at police or other protesters; and
  • Cleaned up after themselves when they were done.
That is how I define a peaceful protest. The OWS trash is anything BUT peaceful or legal, and they should all be thrown into prison.
I honestly feel that the Tea Party protest were much more threatening and wreckless because protesters brought guns to their rallies. That's about as militant as you can get.

I guess it depends on your values. The accounts of crazy protesters is few and far between. Your going to have instances like that with any large group of that size. I have yet to see however, anyone prove that the OWS crowd has no valid points.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Bumping this "anti-police" thread.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,698 times
Why are you bumping something from 5 months ago about OWS that no one cares about and that people were glad to see the OWS people getting their "just desserts" from the police. It's not police brutality when these people are basically asking for the punishment.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
Why are you bumping something from 5 months ago about OWS that no one cares about and that people were glad to see the OWS people getting their "just desserts" from the police. It's not police brutality when these people are basically asking for the punishment.
Thanks for bumping the thread again.

It's a 15 page thread. Apparently SOMEBODY cares. Either enough to bash Occupy, or enough to condemn the police actions.

I want everybody to know that the cops used intimidation tactics, lied to the media about certain instances, and committed criminal acts. The public has the right to know both sides of the story.

Do you work for the government or some police force?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Thanks for bumping the thread again.

It's a 15 page thread. Apparently SOMEBODY cares. Either enough to bash Occupy, or enough to condemn the police actions.

I want everybody to know that the cops used intimidation tactics, lied to the media about certain instances, and committed criminal acts. The public has the right to know both sides of the story.

Do you work for the government or some police force?
No, I don't work for the police force, but I support the police force in its attempts to quell the violence that is associated with the OWS "protests." When the protesters throw rocks at police or refuse to obey orders, they get what's coming to them. They are a bunch of derelicts who have nothing better to do than sit in public parks complaining about things, rather than going and getting a job and contributing to society.

I would love to know how many of the OWS protesters that hate our government are collecting some sort of monetary support from said government, in the form of SSD, food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment, public assistance, or SS retirement. Bunch of hypocrits!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
No, I don't work for the police force, but I support the police force in its attempts to quell the violence that is associated with the OWS "protests." When the protesters throw rocks at police or refuse to obey orders, they get what's coming to them. They are a bunch of derelicts who have nothing better to do than sit in public parks complaining about things, rather than going and getting a job and contributing to society.

I would love to know how many of the OWS protesters that hate our government are collecting some sort of monetary support from said government, in the form of SSD, food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment, public assistance, or SS retirement. Bunch of hypocrits!
Well, the majority of the protesters were young, single, white and middle class or upper middle class. I'd say your assumption is well, just that, an assumption.

How can you even believe all of the police reports when they clearly lie so much?? Like the whole incident in Oakland. The police lied about what happened. They surrounded protesters, wouldn't allow them to leave, and then moved in swinging batons.

What do you call that?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Well, the majority of the protesters were young, single, white and middle class or upper middle class. I'd say your assumption is well, just that, an assumption.

How can you even believe all of the police reports when they clearly lie so much?? Like the whole incident in Oakland. The police lied about what happened. They surrounded protesters, wouldn't allow them to leave, and then moved in swinging batons.

What do you call that?
I call that cleaning up or taking out the trash!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I call that cleaning up or taking out the trash!
That offers nothing to the discussion and shows more about your character, than prove any valid point.

I find it funny also that you make fun of the kid's income level when they are most likely recent grads or just entering the job market.

They are protesting for their well-being! How old are you? I ask because it seems that you already made your money and now your simply willing to lay down and do nothing and let the corporations and government destroy this country.

I'd take a protester over a do-nothing anyday.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
That offers nothing to the discussion and shows more about your character, than prove any valid point.

I find it funny also that you make fun of the kid's income level when they are most likely recent grads or just entering the job market.

They are protesting for their well-being! How old are you? I ask because it seems that you already made your money and now your simply willing to lay down and do nothing and let the corporations and government destroy this country.

I'd take a protester over a do-nothing anyday.
Sadly, your assumption of my age is incorrect. I am in my mid-20s and would fall right in the heart of the OWS crowd if I subscribed to their mantra. Instead, I am working hard at moving up in my job and am quite proud of what I do. I earn a very decent living and I earned that based on my own merits.

Plus, saying that all the OWS protesters are "kids" is a blatent lie as there are numerous older people in that group that are most likely not contributing to society.

These "kids" that are recent college graduates should have spent more time in college focusing on a degree path that would have led to a job, rather than some weird major that sounded good on paper but they now realize gives them no shot in hell of landing a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies