Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:05 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
You mean.... "have a life" (no facebook) or "have no life" (with facebook)

Your propaganda is not going to work on those of us who think for ourselves...
Nice try, but no. Wrong use of ellipses there.

Social Networking is becoming part of this new day and age.

Go the way of the dinosaurs if you wish by not having a Facebook or social networking profile.

It's not all about being obsessed with Facebook and playing the games. You could look at it from a business standpoint.

You don't HAVE to make a personal Facebook page. You could, ya know, create a page for your business or something you're trying to advertise or get the name of out there.

So, again, I refer to my earlier statement, "Get with the times or don't up to you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 11:10 AM

215 posts, read 308,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
Facebook is not the problem.
People who take social networking too seriously and cause drama, are the problem.
I like Facebook. I don't update my status constantly or visit it daily. It's fun for sharing photos and swapping chitchat with people I don't see often.
I agree... but for teens, I disagree. It's too much. Age requirement should be 21+.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:38 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by me in RI View Post
I agree... but for teens, I disagree. It's too much. Age requirement should be 21+.

21 is a bit high, and there's no way to enforce that, aside from parental discipline.

But I tell ya, these kids are raunchy. Not that kids never were to begin with, but I see way too much into the lives of some of these kids and their friends. And some of them have thousands of "friends"!

I don't think they're too hip to the privacy settings, nor do they seem to care.

God, I can't even imagine what it's going to be like for them in 5yrs, lol.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
I hate the applications. And Timeline is an unstable bandwidth hog. Otherwise, I can communicate with like minded souls. I met people I would never have met in a tiny town. Facebook is what you make it. I had to set my notifications to stop sending me junk.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:00 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Why I quit Facebook - NYPOST.com

I can't imagine what its like to be a teenager now with all this. So much drama around a social network.
When my youngest son's new girl friend arrived on the scene - she would break in to the young mans face book account and accuse him of "cheating" on her - as if the virtual world was real! It was quite bizzare..so much attention put on others that are not in your life but out there some where clicking the keys..people of no real consequence - If the virtual "friends" were real - they would be at your house visiting...FB is a curse.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
When my youngest son's new girl friend arrived on the scene - she would break in to the young mans face book account and accuse him of "cheating" on her - as if the virtual world was real! It was quite bizzare..so much attention put on others that are not in your life but out there some where clicking the keys..people of no real consequence - If the virtual "friends" were real - they would be at your house visiting...FB is a curse.
This is a problem because it's all so public and there is never a way for anyone to know what's real and what's not. And once it's posted for 700 people to see you don't know who will believe what.

A funny thing: When timeline came up my eldest and her freinds had to scramble to clean up the crap they wrote in 2005-2006 when it was new, and treated as a joke, and everyones occupation was "crack *****" or something. Hahah. Oh the language!!! Nobody thought anyone else would ever see that I guess.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:52 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Nice try, but no. Wrong use of ellipses there.

Social Networking is becoming part of this new day and age.

Go the way of the dinosaurs if you wish by not having a Facebook or social networking profile.

It's not all about being obsessed with Facebook and playing the games. You could look at it from a business standpoint.

You don't HAVE to make a personal Facebook page. You could, ya know, create a page for your business or something you're trying to advertise or get the name of out there.

So, again, I refer to my earlier statement, "Get with the times or don't up to you."

Thanks for caring bro.... but, uhhhhhhh.... no thanks.... I choose to have a life.... have no problems keeping in touch with people I want to.... you don't always have to do the newest latest just because it is there

Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
BTW , what the hell is farmville?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Thanks for caring bro.... but, uhhhhhhh.... no thanks.... I choose to have a life.... have no problems keeping in touch with people I want to.... you don't always have to do the newest latest just because it is there
Haha so what you're saying is that people with Facebook profiles have no life?

What a crackpot theory that is!

If that's true then how do you explain the thousands of service members who have Facebook profiles?

Nice straw man, bro, but one little gust of wind just blew it down.

Social networking is new way of keeping in touch with people. By all means, go the way of the Dodo bird if you wish. It's obviously easier to keep in touch with folks with social networking sites (Facebook, Linkedin, Myspace, Twitter) than it is with just a cellphone.

But hey, do what you wish, bro. I'm just trying to help you make your life easier.

And that "I choose to have a life" is such a fallback for those who have no real argument. Way to be ignorant, bro!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Haha so what you're saying is that people with Facebook profiles have no life?

What a crackpot theory that is!

If that's true then how do you explain the thousands of service members who have Facebook profiles?

Nice straw man, bro, but one little gust of wind just blew it down.

Social networking is new way of keeping in touch with people. By all means, go the way of the Dodo bird if you wish. It's obviously easier to keep in touch with folks with social networking sites (Facebook, Linkedin, Myspace, Twitter) than it is with just a cellphone.

But hey, do what you wish, bro. I'm just trying to help you make your life easier.

And that "I choose to have a life" is such a fallback for those who have no real argument. Way to be ignorant, bro!
Wow, bro, you seem mad.... for someone to claim they "don't care" that I don't use it... you sure seem like you care.

You are a great example of the American idiot who follows the trends without question. Secretly, you are jealous that I can think for myself and don't need to fit in by doing what others are doing.

I bet if 10 people said "hey man, try this crack" you would end up being a crackhead in a week.

Yeah, people who do facebook are idiots and losers. They need to get a life.

You with the "uhhhhh" argument is retarded.... it just means you have nothing to say in return knowing I am better than you

Now go and unwind your panties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies