Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 06:24 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times

Advertisements

I agree with the OP. I'm all for birth control and abortion, however, I don't feel I should have to pay for someone else's decision.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:30 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Bottom line is that liberals want to continue a welfare society and expand it. They want everyone to pay for others this, that, this, ect.

Obama has NO BUSINESS getting involved in this telling a private company what they can charge, what they have to cover, etc. Who the hell does he think he is?

And I stand by my belief that insurance should be for the unexpected, not a recreational activity that is planned and the result could be a BABY
. I know, you liberals look as babies sometimes as something that should be killed but its not an illness or sickness.
Its screamingly obvious that you have never had a child.
If you would like to pay out of pocket for all labor and delivery costs, knock yourself out.
If you had any idea how much those costs actually are, you wouldnt be spouting off what you so obviously know nothing about.
Thank goodness you are not in charge of anything.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I agree with the OP. I'm all for birth control and abortion, however, I don't feel I should have to pay for someone else's decision.
I see you are single, you dont list if you have any children on your profile.....you dont mind paying for all labor and delivery costs of any future children you might have?

Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Lightbulb I'll explain it to you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sex is a recreational activity for many, act of love and more between those who love each other. Why the hell should birth control fall under something to be covered by an insurance company let alone be free(aka cost goes to everyone else)?

Should we then have vitamins covered? A round of golf? Heck, perhaps the cost of the chase to this said recreational activity, (door fee for club, drinks, dinner, movie, candy, gifts, etc) should be covered.

More importantly, health insurance is not for the expected, its for the unexpected sickness/illness. You know you want to or are going to have sex, how idiotic that your CHOICE to use birth control means someone else should pay for it. If you cant afford $20 a month or whatever else it costs to be safe, then find something else in your life to cut costs. Cut your cable, your smart phone data plan, junk food, smokes, alcohol, etc. So typical that the liberals want everyone else to pay for this.

Like others have said, this didnt just come out of no where. The liberals are playing their typical bs games trying to make it seem that conservatives want birth control to be banned.

The bottom line is that this is not a fricking health issue, its your personal recreational activity and it has no business in health coverage.

Sex isn't covered.

Pregnancy is and it should be.

You're welcome.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:35 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I see you are single, you dont list if you have any children on your profile.....you dont mind paying for all labor and delivery costs of any future children you might have?
Actually I'm not single, my girlfriend has a 2 year-old. If I help make the baby, that's a different story, that would be my financial responsibility. As far as children I don't help create, not my responsibility financially

Old 02-15-2012, 06:50 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Its screamingly obvious that you have never had a child.
If you would like to pay out of pocket for all labor and delivery costs, knock yourself out.
If you had any idea how much those costs actually are, you wouldnt be spouting off what you so obviously know nothing about.
Thank goodness you are not in charge of anything.
first son cost me 2500$ payed cash doctor 600$ payed cash.not a lot of money. come on get out of that dependency ideology its ruining American people!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:02 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
Sigh, there are several threads going on the same subject and they are a thinly veiled hatred toward woman and their healthcare needs.

Most civilized countries realize we are half of the population and our healthcare needs should be met.

To the OP...I don't want to pay for your little blue pills, your prostate care or your testicular issues...I don't have them so why should I Oh and I HATE football so why should I pay for all those injuries and long term brain injury issues After all by your reasoning football is a "recreation" so therefore...we shouldn't be paying for anyone who gets hurt playing a sport.

Woman beware, they are coming for your birthcontrol needs now but soon it will be your pap smears, breast exams, child birth and other female realated healtcare needs.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
first son cost me 2500$ payed cash doctor 600$ payed cash.not a lot of money. come on get out of that dependency ideology its ruining American people!!!
Let's hear from others:

Cost of childbirth? - November 2008 Birth Club - BabyCenter

and

What is the average cost for an uncomplicated child birth? With complications? - Yahoo! Answers

Quote:
in wisconsin, with no complications including your OBGYN fees, about $12000, that's including you and the baby staying at the hospital. with complications mine cost about $20,000. I had an er c-section. I payed about $2000 in copays after insurance

Old 02-15-2012, 07:11 AM

556 posts, read 622,422 times
And when the government decides that the cost is too much for contraception - what happens?
Forced sterilization?

Old 02-15-2012, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
You must be old, because that is not even close to what it costs to have a baby these days.
I cant help but notice you failed to include the cost of prenatal care, which runs right around 2K these days.
An uncomplicated birth runs about 9K, while a caesarean can run upwards of 15K.
How Much Does It Cost to Have a Baby? Hospital Costs, Baby Supplies, and More
So, by your logic, and I use that term loosely, everyone should be able to afford any unforeseen circumstance of childbirth?
Premature births can run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and we have not even addressed the fees of anesthesiologists and so forth.
But hey, you just stay in your little bubble, no sense in confusing yourself with reality, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies