Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 08:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
first son cost me 2500$ payed cash doctor 600$ payed cash.not a lot of money. come on get out of that dependency ideology its ruining American people!!!
And that was how many years ago? $600 is about what they were charging when I did my ob clinical in 1969! $2500 for the hospital services? That sounds about like 1969 prices, too.

And what if, per chance, you have a preemie? Millions of dollars in care!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
what does giving away free birth control has to do with minorities? nobody is taking your right to birth control its there, allways been there always will be there!!! As long as you dont make me pay for it, have at it!!!!
So forcing an ins. company to cover health care is making you pay for it?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Says who? Not health insurance companies. And they weren't forced into covering non-catastrophic unexpected events, either, they saw it as good business.

Again, people who rant about Obama telling insurance companies how to do business turn around and do the very same thing!

Health insurance is a service. It is not exclusively for the unexpected. If you think it should be, take it up with health insurance executives, who will laugh in your face and show you the door.
Exactly! And as for these compariosns with other insurances, every time you buy a car, an appliance, or even a damn telephone, you can buy a service contract! Same diff!

Quote:
no!! if I drive a car and hit someone you think the government should pay for my damages. same thing goes with sex if you participate in coitus and have an accident or a blessing, what ever you want to call it! depending on your believes, you should be responsible for your actions!
No one is talking about the goverment paying for the insurance. The govt. does get into it by giving tax deductions, but the employers/employees and individuals are paying for the insurance. What is the point of paying big bucks for ins. and then having to pay for everything else as well? As one person said, she hardly used her health care otherwise.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Amazing, aint it?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And that was how many years ago? $600 is about what they were charging when I did my ob clinical in 1969! $2500 for the hospital services? That sounds about like 1969 prices, too.

And what if, per chance, you have a preemie? Millions of dollars in care!
1984 a little off but that's OK! will not hold it against you. it is actually the same amount if you count inflation 2500 then equals bout 7000 now!!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:58 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Sex is a recreational activity for many, act of love and more between those who love each other. Why the hell should birth control fall under something to be covered by an insurance company let alone be free(aka cost goes to everyone else)?

Should we then have vitamins covered? A round of golf? Heck, perhaps the cost of the chase to this said recreational activity, (door fee for club, drinks, dinner, movie, candy, gifts, etc) should be covered.

More importantly, health insurance is not for the expected, its for the unexpected sickness/illness. You know you want to or are going to have sex, how idiotic that your CHOICE to use birth control means someone else should pay for it. If you cant afford $20 a month or whatever else it costs to be safe, then find something else in your life to cut costs. Cut your cable, your smart phone data plan, junk food, smokes, alcohol, etc. So typical that the liberals want everyone else to pay for this.

Like others have said, this didnt just come out of no where. The liberals are playing their typical bs games trying to make it seem that conservatives want birth control to be banned.

The bottom line is that this is not a fricking health issue, its your personal recreational activity and it has no business in health coverage.
Golf doesn't make babies. I'm not sure if you know, but babies are actually animals that consume resources, and resources cost money. Not to mention animals have this thing called a consciousness that can be negatively affected by internal and external stimuli.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Exactly! And as for these compariosns with other insurances, every time you buy a car, an appliance, or even a damn telephone, you can buy a service contract! Same diff!

No one is talking about the goverment paying for the insurance. The govt. does get into it by giving tax deductions, but the employers/employees and individuals are paying for the insurance. What is the point of paying big bucks for ins. and then having to pay for everything else as well? As one person said, she hardly used her health care otherwise.
government mandating[same as forcing] the insurance companies to give free of charge birth control coverage. that will drive up my insurance primium because the insurance company will need more money to cover the extra costs. besides this is not a ban at all. every company will have thier choice to provide or not provide birth control!!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
haa! yea we're finaly getting some where!!!!!thank you God!!!!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
haa! yea we're finaly getting some where!!!!!thank you God!!!!
I do believe you missed the subtle inference made in that post.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 AM

994 posts, read 724,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You're comparing apples and kumquats.
I cant imagine ever getting a thoughtful, logical answer form you.
Thank you for playing.
There were no "apples" and "kumquats". You take an action, that action results in unintended effects, are you or are you not responsible for those effects? It was a legitimate analogy and a legitimate point and a simple yes or no question. You dodged the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies