Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider taking the "morning after" pill an abortion?
Yes 10 23.81%
No 32 76.19%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times

Advertisements

Feel free to explain your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 12:19 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
No. I don't believe BCP is an abortifacient and that's really all this is.

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Men are taking it now, who knew?

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Nope. Failure of the fertilized egg to implant on the uteran wall = no pregnancy. Can't be an abortion if you're not pregnant.

What about you, Vic? What do you think?

Old 02-15-2012, 12:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Feel free to explain your answer.
It may or may not be an abortion if truly taken immediately "the morning after". Truth is that conception may have occured but implantation will not have and the production of hormones which allows the detection of conception/pregnancy will not be measureable yet.

However, after pregnancy has been detected and the abortion pill ( an abortifacient) is used then yes, it is indeed an abortion.

See the following: Does Abortion Pill Successfully Terminate Pregnancy? Know The Facts Of Abortion Pill!

Quote:
If pregnancy is confirmed and is below nine weeks, then abortion pills are best to expel the contents of the uterus.
Abortion pill is widely known as RU-486. RU stands for Roussel-Uclaf (the initials of the pharmaceutical company) and 486 is a lab serial number. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the abortion pill (RU-486) for use as an abortifacient.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:25 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,393,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Nope. Failure of the fertilized egg to implant on the uteran wall = no pregnancy. Can't be an abortion if you're not pregnant.

What about you, Vic? What do you think?
Oh, I'm gonna wait to answer. The OP caught me off guard with this one!

A friend of mine (no, chielgirl, not me) said she had used it and gotten some grief from a friend of hers. I believe the reason she gave was "Conception is conception".

Personally, it doesn't matter TO ME if it is technically abortion, because I don't oppose the abortion of embryos, especially this early on! I do oppose the abortion of the fetus, but I'd rather not get into that here (as if!)

But I do think it may place unnecessary feelings of guilt on women, referring to it as an abortion. Images of fetuses dying by the hands of a greedy doctor kinda just pop up when you hear the A word...

Old 02-15-2012, 12:27 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It may or may not be an abortion if truly taken immediately "the morning after". Truth is that conception may have occured but implantation will not have and the production of hormones which allows the detection of conception/pregnancy will not be measureable yet.

However, after pregnancy has been detected and the abortion pill ( an abortifacient) is used then yes, it is indeed an abortion.
The abortion pill (RU-486) is NOT the same as the morning after pill (Plan B).

Old 02-15-2012, 12:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moral_majority View Post
Yes, any form of birth control is an abortion and murder. These contraceptives are an insult to Christians and should be banned with strict punishment for people found unsing them.
Glad you are not what your ID says you are

Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Yes, any form of birth control is an abortion and murder. These contraceptives are an insult to Christians and should be banned with strict punishment for people found unsing them.
Hello Democratic control of both the Senate and the House next year

GAH!! You people need to get out of the GOP!!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,921,382 times
Quote:
Exactly, that is why we need a godly leader like Santorum in charge. After he orders the public stoning of a few birth control using sluts that derive pleasure from their immoral sexual escapades the rest of the women will surely learn the error of their ways.

I say that a few dead skanks is a fair price to pay to get the Lord to restore his blessings to our great country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies