Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 08:24 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,303,578 times

Advertisements

Do you agree?

I could see it cut both ways. On the one hand gays, god and guns is the bread and butter of the GOP and many people will vote along these lines. On the other hand, some of the GOP stances on social issues are way out of mainstream America. This is a tough one to predict.

Rush Limbaugh: GOP Could Have Landslide Victory If ‘Election Could Be Decided On Social Issues’ | Mediaite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,991,966 times
Absolutely NOT. It's the economy, stupid, every 4 years, w/o exception.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
Limbaugh: "Follow the shiny object."

Old 02-17-2012, 08:30 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,861,919 times
Black people are generally socially conservative, but vote 90% for the Democratic Party.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:32 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,826,515 times
The GOP is just in full desperation mode now. The economy keeps getting better, unemployment going down, they've got nothing on the fiscal issues so now they are switching over to social. It will rally the evangelical goons that's for sure, but to everyone else will push them away, especially santorum.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,246,826 times
I firmly believe that if the lunatic religious nuts hadn't been catered to by the Repubs, far beyond their numbers, Republicans would have no trouble outvoting the opposition. But we must remember, the Repubs and the Dems are NOT in competition. They are in total collusion, and want exactly the same future for America. Why else give is the "choice" between Obama and The White Obama (aka Romney) in 2012.

A legitimate Republican Party would be 100% behind Ron Paul. But since he is a REAL Republican, they must slander and marginalize him. The current Republican Party is left wing liberal, make no mistake.

And anyone who thinks we have a "choice" in our Presidential elections really needs to do some research and take some courses in thinking skills, logic, how to recognize advertising and manipulation, etc.

As much as I support fiscal sanity and low taxes, I find it hard to vote for Neanderthals who think women are nothing but incubators that continue to flood the world with intellectually-challenged lower classes.

Washington politicians on both sides DO want masses of dumb and uneducated humans spitting out babies just after puberty and getting the productive workers forced to pay for a black hole of social costs--welfare, special education, job "assistance," lifestyle-cyclical unemployment benefits, subsidized health insurance and health care, the judicial system, and finally Soclal Security and Medicare for those who didn't put in nearly enough to pay for what they get out (unlike families like mine, who will NEVER come near recovering their losses to SS and Medicare).

Old 02-17-2012, 09:32 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,797,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The GOP is just in full desperation mode now. The economy keeps getting better, unemployment going down, they've got nothing on the fiscal issues so now they are switching over to social. It will rally the evangelical goons that's for sure, but to everyone else will push them away, especially santorum.
I'm going to give myself a headache thinking this way but-- I theorize OCD paranoid war games strategy the GOP resorts when they don't get their way-- they're hurling their village idiots like sea chaff at all others because they'd appreciate it very much if libs would get their hands dirty curbing their brats for them. Like a mommy who spoiled the kids and dumps the dirty work of discipline on Dad, the mean ole dad. But Obama isn't being their mean dad and it only makes them froth more.

The nutters they've abused for generations have become an albatross around their necks but are monsters of their own creation messing with their heads once too often. They're trying to lose by putting skunk perfume on and mirroring "I'm not a witch" lunatics. By putting Palin on McCains ticket. They didn't want McCain winning on merits anymore than they wanted him to win the primary with Dubbya in 2000. GOP therapy national in lieu of a legit election. I guess they really do want Obama to win putting up a fake fight and dragging their dirty laundry all over the country.

Silver lining- The worse they ham it up publicly the more readily people recognize evil and develop an aversion to it? I suppose that would be a public service for a party that has no other meaningful plan on the drawing board due to in house identity crisis. Run, kids, run from dad. He's a madman just now and he can't get well until he wants to get well. Nah, that's far too altruistic and they're far too addicted to self interests trumping greater good.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:43 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,797,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I firmly believe that if the lunatic religious nuts hadn't been catered to by the Repubs, far beyond their numbers, Republicans would have no trouble outvoting the opposition. But we must remember, the Repubs and the Dems are NOT in competition. They are in total collusion, and want exactly the same future for America. Why else give is the "choice" between Obama and The White Obama (aka Romney) in 2012.

A legitimate Republican Party would be 100% behind Ron Paul. But since he is a REAL Republican, they must slander and marginalize him. The current Republican Party is left wing liberal, make no mistake.

And anyone who thinks we have a "choice" in our Presidential elections really needs to do some research and take some courses in thinking skills, logic, how to recognize advertising and manipulation, etc.

As much as I support fiscal sanity and low taxes, I find it hard to vote for Neanderthals who think women are nothing but incubators that continue to flood the world with intellectually-challenged lower classes.

Washington politicians on both sides DO want masses of dumb and uneducated humans spitting out babies just after puberty and getting the productive workers forced to pay for a black hole of social costs--welfare, special education, job "assistance," lifestyle-cyclical unemployment benefits, subsidized health insurance and health care, the judicial system, and finally Soclal Security and Medicare for those who didn't put in nearly enough to pay for what they get out (unlike families like mine, who will NEVER come near recovering their losses to SS and Medicare).
Reality check-- we haven't had 2 party choice since 1980. That would be why more 3rd parties came to be. I agree a choice between NAFTA and NAFTA is a non choice. I'm indie too. However, what makes you believe Ron Paul is impervious to the rules dictated by lobbyists? That's the real end run around democratic choices. It doesn't matter who gets elected until it's confronted fully so politicians can serve those they were always meant to serve.

All these govt programs-- you could just as well be mad at a highway existing. It's an organizational arrangement, nothing more. Giving commerce the permission to prey on it is another thing altogether. You might as well be blaming millions of Joe homeowners "willful neglect" of their roof when some ambitious brainiac saw fit to make a buck generating acid rain. That's why people can't hear you NH. You don't seem to comprehend that it was malevolent deregulation that caused this nightmare and it came from self identified libertarian think tanks. You've either been played, or you mean to destroy America, and either way you're not qualified to lead as you persistently negate accountability.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Black people are generally socially conservative, but vote 90% for the Democratic Party.
Generally because the Republican Party demonizes them every chance it gets.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:01 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,095,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Do you agree?

I could see it cut both ways. On the one hand gays, god and guns is the bread and butter of the GOP and many people will vote along these lines. On the other hand, some of the GOP stances on social issues are way out of mainstream America. This is a tough one to predict.

Rush Limbaugh: GOP Could Have Landslide Victory If ‘Election Could Be Decided On Social Issues’ | Mediaite
GOP win THIS election? With the Turd Bombs they are pushing???Let's be reasonable and actually count the times Limpdick has been right about anything...........zzzzzz.... .zzzzzz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies