Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 10:30 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,989,013 times

Advertisements

Here is an Oregon Sheriff circling the wagons against the FEDS taking forest lands from his County. He has stated that he will go to jail to protect the rights of his County to maintain it's rights of access and use of forest lands.

Rare for an elected official to put himself on the line.

Breaking => OREGON SHERIFF GIL GILBERTSON CONTINUES STAND AGAINST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. | Political Vel Craft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Yes and it really tells you nothing other then it being a sounding board for Richard Mack.It's not some broad reaching movement, and says nothing about state officers ignoring federal laws.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Did you go to the Sheriff's site and read it from them?
I did. And I found an easy click to Lyndon LaRouhe's web site. Which tells me pretty much all I need to know about the people who your website together.

I thought we told LaRouche to go away and not come back with his hate YEARS ago.

14,204 posts, read 12,298,021 times
Okay I'm done replying because you obviously can't back up your views with facts. Posting blogs are not considerd hard evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Yes and it really tells you nothing other then it being a sounding board for Richard Mack.It's not some broad reaching movement, and says nothing about state officers ignoring federal laws.
It's about County Sheriff's saying Federal Regulations are not laws, and are not Constitutionally sound.

The Oregon Sheriff did push back, and the roads in his Forests remain open, when the USFS wanted them closed.

Take the time to read the whole article, it will answer your questions.

Breaking => OREGON SHERIFF GIL GILBERTSON CONTINUES STAND AGAINST FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. | Political Vel Craft

Old 02-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I did. And I found an easy click to Lyndon LaRouhe's web site. Which tells me pretty much all I need to know about the people who your website together.

I thought we told LaRouche to go away and not come back with his hate YEARS ago.
EPA, DEA, USFS have created regulations that go against the US Constitution.

The only way MSM's would ever do a story on it, is if there were violence, blood, death, or some high profile revolt against the FEDS. Then they would spin it and put it in a box, just like you have done.

Is that your real spin, you could link to Larouche somewhere and so you discount the movement of Independence from Federal crimes?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:50 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,983 times
I believe Catherine Austin Fitts has also talked about this. Sheriff's have a tremendous amt of power at a local level based on the Constitution. They should use that as their guide rather than abiding by all things federal. This can be an effective method for correcting the balance of power and federal abuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7aUrtroSk0#!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Okay I'm done replying because you obviously can't back up your views with facts. Posting blogs are not considerd hard evidence.
Here is some info regarding Media.

"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media."
--William Colby, former CIA Director, quoted by Dave Mcgowan, Derailing Democracy

"You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month."
--CIA operative, discussing the availability and prices of journalists willing to peddle CIA propaganda and cover stories. Katherine the Great, by Deborah Davis

"There is quite an incredible spread of relationships. You don’t need to manipulate Time magazine, for example, because there are [Central Intelligence] Agency people at the management level."
--William B. Bader, former CIA intelligence officer, briefing members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, The CIA and the Media, by Carl Bernstein

"The Agency's relationship with [The New York] Times was by far its most valuable among newspapers, according to CIA officials. [It was] general Times policy ... to provide assistance to the CIA whenever possible."
--The CIA and the Media, by Carl Bernstein

"Senator William Proxmire has pegged the number of employees of the federal intelligence community at 148,000 ... though Proxmire's number is itself a conservative one. The "intelligence community" is officially defined as including only those organizations that are members of the U.S. Intelligence Board (USIB); a dozen other agencies, charged with both foreign and domestic intelligence chores, are not encompassed by the term.... The number of intelligence workers employed by the federal government is not 148,000, but some undetermined multiple of that number."
--Jim Hougan, Spooks

"For some time I have been disturbed by the way the CIA has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the government.... I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger operations."
--former President Harry Truman, 22 December 1963, one month after the JFK assassination, op-ed section of the Washington Post, early edition

Old 02-19-2012, 11:10 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,983 times
Modeerf,
Regarding MCM media I don't think you even have to go to that level. All you need to do is look at the owners and then consider the relationship of BIG CORP/BIG GOV. Even an ostrich has some clue about that relationships these days I would think.

Haveta say Anderson Cooper looks like a CIA poster boy .... LOL.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Modeerf,
Regarding MCM media I don't think you even have to go to that level. All you need to do is look at the owners and then consider the relationship of BIG CORP/BIG GOV. Even an ostrich has some clue about that relationships these days I would think.

Haveta say Anderson Cooper looks like a CIA poster boy .... LOL.
Agreed!
Another poster seemed to think it wasn't real news if it didn't come from the MSM's.

I often wonder how many dis informationists are roving the Web forums just to confuse and distract...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies