Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 05:37 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times

Advertisements

If I was twenty years younger I'd tell them women I got something that will make 'em happy. I was a terrible liar twenty years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 05:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Don't kid yourself. And don't even get into curtains...
I used to fabricate draperies.
I would daresay I have hung more window treatments in the last year than you have in your entire life.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
if i was twenty years younger i'd tell them women i got something that will make 'em happy. I was a terrible liar twenty years ago.
:d:d:d

Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Tell him i'm looking for a second opinion
Now it's two $300 bills and you still have, if you're lucky, another cost to repair bill of only $4,000 this time. (extremely low end to replace an HVAC unit)

Then of course you have to start decide on who to use? Lowest bidder? Cutest salesman? The fastest talker?

Of course none of that has anything to do with what you actually need but you knew that because you knew you need a load calculation so that you can determine the proper HVAC unit for your application.

Oh no, don't tell me you fell for the 1 ton per 400 sq ft nonsense.

You do know what a ton of refrigeration is, right?

Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
You would think that with all the wonderful progress of feminism in the last century - the right to vote, the right to divorce at will, contraception and "the pill", the right to have their own children murdered in the womb, the right to romance without strings, the right to reject men for lesbianism, massive economic gains and financial independence, feminist domination of the American workplace, female dominance in academia, a majority of college graduates now being female, etc. etc. etc. - that women would be getting happier and happier and happier!

Instead the reverse is true. The more feminism gains, the more women lose. Women are becoming increasingly more miserable with every nail in the coffin of the patriarchy that once protected them. Read the data: The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness.
Oh, just give them more free condoms, that should keep them happy!!!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I used to fabricate draperies.
I would daresay I have hung more window treatments in the last year than you have in your entire life.
LOL. Right. I don't go needless hanging drapery (or tapestries) just for the fun of it.

If you get a wild hair one day go to your favorite big box store and strike up a conversation with some of the people looking at pre-built furniture or curtains or shelving.

You may be in a better place though. I am in liberal safe-haven Appalachia.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,278,343 times
Quote:
Now it's two $300 bills and you still have, if you're lucky, another cost to repair bill of only $4,000 this time. (extremely low end to replace an HVAC unit)

Then of course you have to start decide on who to use? Lowest bidder? Cutest salesman? The fastest talker?

Of course none of that has anything to do with what you actually need but you knew that because you knew you need a load calculation so that you can determine the proper HVAC unit for your application.

Oh no, don't tell me you fell for the 1 ton per 400 sq ft nonsense.

You do know what a ton of refrigeration is, right?
Considering most MEN have not a clue about HVAC i think you are reaching . I have enough street sense to known when i'm getting thrown a snow job my friend. And no place i've ever called for repairs charged for estimates so those 300 dollar bills don't exist .

Old 02-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
LOL. Right. I don't go needless hanging drapery (or tapestries) just for the fun of it.

If you get a wild hair one day go to your favorite big box store and strike up a conversation with some of the people looking at pre-built furniture or curtains or shelving.

You may be in a better place though. I am in liberal safe-haven Appalachia.
Why on earth would I hang drapes for the fun of it?
I'm an interior designer, I pay myself quite well for it.
I dont do "big box" furniture or drapes.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I've built a shed, changed an alternator out of the tractor last week, not to mention totally gutted and reno'd our master bath in the last 2 weeks.
You did that all on your own? I'm proud of kshe95girl.

Did you check the voltage of the battery on the tractor?

I hope you checked in with the county to get a permit for that shed. You can't just build a structure on your property (thanks to control freak libs)?

Reno'd the MB? Awesome. You obviously know 'ish rolls down hill. The rest is all a few weekends of HGTV.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Considering most MEN have not a clue about HVAC i think you are reaching . I have enough street sense to known when i'm getting thrown a snow job my friend. And no place i've ever called for repairs charged for estimates so those 300 dollar bills don't exist .
Please, my husband is a mechanical engineer, he knows how to fix it, but why would he?
He knows when to call a professional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies