Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:03 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I grew up with fundie Christian religious neighbors from Iowa who moved into our neighborhood ~1975

Guess whose son knocked a girl up at 17 and ended up chemically dependent (and lost a lucrative scholarship in the process)? You guessed it, their oldest son.
Yeah, cuz its a guarantee that all children will follow in their parents footsteps. If the parents don't smoke, their children will never smoke. If the parents are hard working, famous and successful people, their children will be also.

Some people can't waste any opportunity, no matter how off topic they need to go, in order to bash Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Not-so-bright Bachmann? What exactly are your accomplishments stacked against hers that makes you comfortable sitting in judgement like that?

When Obama said he'd been to 57 states and Biden said that FDR was president in 1929, did that make them stupid? Or it only works for people you don't agree with?

One week on the job she said Islamic instead of Environmental and even though Santorum has announced he was indeed referring to the President's energy policy, you're going to ingore that fact and try to imply this was a freudian slip that reveals the inner workings of their minds?

Don't you have any actual substantive arguments against Santorum you could be making?
None of em do. It's all nonsense and lies. The usual left MSM smears. Santorum is gonna ban rubbers, santorum is gonna force everybody to go to church. In reality it's obama who is the one forcing people to do things they don't want but when the twisting and spinning starts it never stops. People are so stupid anymore if the talking machine placed in front of their couch says something it has to be true it seems.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It's sooooooooooo easy to see how she got "radical ISLAMIST policies" confused with "radical ENVIRONMENTAL policies".
Well, they're both “phony theologies” as she said so, yeah, I can see how one could get them mixed up. Islam's body count is much higher though so I can see how the Muslims might get offended at being compoared to rank amatures like the eco-nazis.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
This guy is such a liar and a hypocrite that it's astounding that he's made it this far.

Mr. 500 thousand dollar lawsuit....oh, but you should only get 250k because we need "tort reform."

What an idiot. No wonder the people of Pennsylvania ran his ass out of office.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 AM

593 posts, read 1,411,829 times
I don't believe for a moment that these were simple mistakes. It's the current M.O. in US politics today, to say something that you wink, wink, "don't really mean" and that it was a mistake. But that you really DO believe, you just have to give that mea culpa for the benefit of the media. But once the genie is out of the bottle you can't really jam it back in again.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So Santorum and his spokesman gets a pass but you harp on something Obama said 3 years ago?
Besides which, he was already the President - he wasn't looking for the vote.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So Santorum and his spokesman gets a pass but you harp on something Obama said 3 years ago?
Uh, no. The point was that using slips of the tongue to make political points is dumb for BOTH sides. Try reading for context next time.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Not-so-bright Bachmann? What exactly are your accomplishments stacked against hers that makes you comfortable sitting in judgement like that?

When Obama said he'd been to 57 states and Biden said that FDR was president in 1929, did that make them stupid? Or it only works for people you don't agree with?

One week on the job she said Islamic instead of Environmental and even though Santorum has announced he was indeed referring to the President's energy policy, you're going to ingore that fact and try to imply this was a freudian slip that reveals the inner workings of their minds?

Don't you have any actual substantive arguments against Santorum you could be making?
Bless you my son. A freudian slip by a hardcore Christian???

Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:

Obama said their was 57 states because he thought the 8 major Hawaiian Islands were states too.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Well, they're both “phony theologies” as she said so, yeah, I can see how one could get them mixed up. Islam's body count is much higher though so I can see how the Muslims might get offended at being compoared to rank amatures like the eco-nazis.
Where did it say Muslims were offended?? If that's the case, are you inferring that black people should not have been offended when Santorum excused his slip of the tongue and tried cover it with "blah" people.

Quote:
Rick Santorum denied he saidhe didn’t want to make “black people’s lives better” during a pre-caucus campaign event Sunday in Sioux City, Iowa. “I’ve looked at that quote, in fact I looked at the video,” Santorum argued. “In fact, I’m pretty confident I didn’t say black. What I think — I started to say a word and then sort of changed and it sort of — blah — mumbled it and sort of changed my thought
What do you think his original word was: boring??? Even his explanation is so eloquent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies