Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Daley View Post
I really do not understand it. Everytime you turn on Fox News or right wing Republican talk radio they are always bashing teachers. And they attack teachers legislatively now as well by taking away civil service, union rights and, in Arizona, even the right to express any political views. I really cannot figure out why the Republicans hate teachers so much. Maybe somebody can shed some light?

I do not mind teachers at all. I just do not like the idea of public unions, the nea and the institution of public unions by the democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 06:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
The root of our education problem is the home environment. Students with two parents who give a darn will usually do well in school.

Racial groups ranked by test scores and lowest bastardization rate
Test scores highest to lowest---- Bastardization rate lowest to highest

1 Asians------------------------- 1 Asians
2 Whites------------------------- 2 Whites
3 Hispanics----------------------- 3 Hispanics
4 Blacks-------------------------- 4 Blacks

I see a correlation there.

Conservatives won't mention this because it would suggest the problem ain't the schools. Liberals won't address this because it points out a problem with their cherished multiculturalism.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:07 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The root of our education problem is the home environment. Students with two parents who give a darn will usually do well in school.

Racial groups ranked by test scores and lowest bastardization rate
Test scores highest to lowest Bastardization rate lowest to highest

1 Asians 1 Asians
2 Whites 2 Whites
3 Hispanics 3 Hispanics
4 Blacks 4 Blacks

I see a correlation there.
That's like saying the root of our healthcare problem is rampant obesity. Both are outcomes of broken systems.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That's like saying the root of our healthcare problem is rampant obesity.

no, the root of our healthcare problem and our education problem, is that goverment is involved.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That's like saying the root of our healthcare problem is rampant obesity. Both are outcomes of broken systems.
No, it is not. The explosion in the bastardization rate the last half century has little to do with our education system.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No, it is not. The explosion in the bastardization rate the last half century has little to do with our education system.
I suspect you will find there is a correlation between educational level and single parent households.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
no, the root of our healthcare problem and our education problem, is that goverment is involved.
I agree.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:26 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
You have to understand that Fox News is controlled by the same GOP that sees educated workers are more difficult to control. The GOP at this point represents the rich that want to create low-paying service jobs that do not require education. It's a move they've been making on the education system for decades.

They keep telling us that liberal, educated thinking is bad because of a variety of reasons, mostly to keep uninformed people distrustful and more willing to just do as the GOP instructs them. Fox News and their paid for politicians are happy to carry out their message to duped Americans that believe their "news" and flag waving.

Look at the 1%. Look at what they and their holding companies control. Teachers that are trying to wake up the minds of young people are not welcome in THEIR Big Picture.

I look forward to the day when the duped Americans wake up and think: "Hey, wait a minute -- THAT doesn't make sense!"

We need to read our history from a variety of sources -- and watch not just what people are saying, but what is being done. As a people we need to realize that in our capitalist society, those that have the money will use it to keep it. There are very real dichotomies occurring in our politics right now, and naivety is dangerous.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Daley View Post
I really do not understand it. Everytime you turn on Fox News or right wing Republican talk radio they are always bashing teachers. And they attack teachers legislatively now as well by taking away civil service, union rights and, in Arizona, even the right to express any political views. I really cannot figure out why the Republicans hate teachers so much. Maybe somebody can shed some light?
Change your title:

The taxpayers War on Teachers

The parents War on Teachers

The "No child left behind" war on Teachers

The War on the Federal Department of Education

and I think you'll understand the issue a little bit better

It's not just a Republican thing - it only appears that
way because you're watching Fox News
Try this instead; i.e., reading a newspaper/online article.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Spot on. The root of most of our problems is that government got involved for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies