Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
[cwa1984;23174890]Not really reading your previous comment its pretty obvious.
When "people" speak of countries, such as in this discussion, they are generally referring to government, at least that's how I see it - not religion or ethnicity. When people talk about America invading a country, they don't mean American people, but the government. Sorry I didn't break it down for you.

Quote:
Yes you didn't flat out state "******* jews and there zionism" but you sure gave that impression though.
Again, breakdown: It is not about religion or the people, it's about the Israeli government.

Quote:

Pretty much all of them at this point because Iran possessing nuclear weapons is a major threat to them.
"Pretty much" is not a statement of fact. I would like to see something to support your statement.

Quote:
The Saudis have flat out stated to US officials that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon they will as well the same goes for other countries in the region. That's not considering getting nuclear weapons that is promising to get nuclear weapons. Which could very well kick off WW3.
I have never read where SA spoke for other countries in the region. They spoke for themself. The UAE made mention of building neuclear weapons, but did not speak for other countries. That's 2. I would like to know specifically what other countries are considering building neuclear weapons.

WWIII will be compliments of Israel if the US gets into it. Russia and China are prepared to support Iran. Why do you think the US is taking a stand back approach?? You need to look at the wider picture. I don't think the US is ready to get into a Cold War with Russia and China, or a full blown war for that matter.

Quote:
The US is thinking about attacking Iran and several members of congress have stated support for military action to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, you can google that information yourself. Canada is adopting a hardline stance regarding Iran stating they can't get nuclear weapons. NATO is considering military intervention to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons. Yes Israel is likely to do so first but that doesn't mean they will be alone in doing so.
All these talking heads!!!! Several members doesn't constitute a majority.
The majority of Americans are sick of our troops dying or coming home disabled. If Israel goes forward with an attack, I hope it does go it alone from beginning to end. I hope you have your bag packed and ready join the Israeli forces. Every "war" that the US has started we walk away losing.

I don't think that Iran should have nuclear arms, but I also don't think that one country should be able to dominate a region by possessing nuclear arms. I believe that Iran should allow nuclear checks, and Israel should be made to allow for the same. The US has absolutely no idea what Israel possesses.

Israel and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Israel is not a military ally, but a political ally. How many times has Israel supported the US on these "wars on terrorism"? The only war on terrorism Israel is concerned with is the war on Palestine as it is self-serving, but does not contribute outside of that arena to help the United States. How many troops were/are in Afghanistan? How many troops were in Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 07:30 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Do you think that Israel won't make a preemptive attack?
I don't know, and it doesn't really matter, Iran will develop its nuclear capabilities, whether now or in 5 or 10 years, nobody can prevent that. With an attack even more so than without, as such an attack obviously would make Iran think they need an atomic bomb to defend themselves in the future.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
I hope no attack becomes necessary but hypothetically it'd be interesting to see what effect an attack did have on our Presidential race.
You might want to widen your interest and think about the domino effect it would have. This isn't just a standoff between Israel and Iran. It involves Russia, China, US as well other countries in the region. Militarily, Russia and China won't get involved unless the US makes a move to support Israel. Outside interference is going to cause the region to explode.

Read the links I provided in Post #11 (I believe)

Last edited by softblueyz; 02-28-2012 at 07:53 AM..

Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
They can go do that, and receive the consequences.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM

417 posts, read 365,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't think so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/20/wo...umiller&st=cse

gulfnews : Israel's growing concern over Iranian threat (Article provided by Associated Press)

gulfnews : Israeli residents weary of threat to bomb Iran (Article provided by Washington Post)

It's not that Obama is or isn't supporting Israel, but I don't hear him cheering them on. Even the UK is wagging their finger at Israel. Israel itself has doubts as to what they will "achieve" but hitting Iran.

You really need to grasp the reality of the direction the world could go if Israel makes that move and the US gets involved, then it won't be about Israel, it will be about Russia, China, and the US with the possibility of Israel starting another Cold War between three major powers.
Russia and China especially are trade allies to Iran, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
WWIII will be compliments of Israel if the US gets into it.

Iran has clearly stated their intention of wiping Israel off of the face of the Earth.

WWIII will be compliments of Iran if they continue to persue that goal.

Iran will NEVER stop persuing that goal unless there is a regime change that will scrap that mission. Good luck on that happening.

Obama had a chance to help in that possibility. AND HE BLEW IT.

Does anybody wonder why?

I wonder if Barack should be voted out in November?

Old 02-28-2012, 07:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Saudi Arabia will back an Israeli attack on Iran.
I say, let Israel-Saudi coalition go at it. Keep my country OUT of the idiocy. Thank you.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I say, let Israel-Saudi coalition go at it. Keep my country OUT of the idiocy. Thank you.

I totally agree!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 AM

417 posts, read 365,777 times
Many Americans support a war against Iran, myself included. Their leaders need to be assassinated and their military destroyed/killed/demobilized. Their weapons systems anhialated, etc.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
Many Americans support a war against Iran, myself included. Their leaders need to be assassinated and their military destroyed/killed/demobilized. Their weapons systems anhialated, etc.
America isn't going to run out of its share of neocons and Israeli boot-lickers anytime soon. Heck, I doubt even Obama would stay put and keep out of this mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies