Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 10:06 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I find it interesting a few regular posters here avoid this thread, a few names come to mind including the "birthers" and their assorted sock puppet accounts...

I was taught at an early age to analyze reactions, and treat people fairly...not everyone is taugt this...RPON has posted he wants to go back to the 1950's....imo this is a code way of saying that that era was better....I wonder why he posits this?

The tea party uses code words for racist intent, I never realized this until noticing the mantra of "taking our country back" and "returning it to the way it was" was an ongoing theme. Anyone who is that reactionary is not living in the real world, and needs to turn off the hate radio.
I have been called names for pointing out that we know the codes. Anyone who says they want to return to the 1950s is sending a message. The birther crowd is racist pure and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 10:06 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Meaning what? What would you have done?
What would I have done???

I would have chipped his jaw...that's what i would have done...

Even if his boys came to assist...one of them were going to feel it.

That's what I meant...

Old 02-29-2012, 10:10 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

That's what I meant...
Well I guess he would not tried to still anymore bikes then. The good news is once you went to court for A&B you probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist so yeah win win for you

Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,000,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
The tea party uses code words for racist intent, I never realized this until noticing the mantra of "taking our country back" and "returning it to the way it was" was an ongoing theme.
Hmm, so was it racist then when liberals and Democrats cried about "taking their country back" when they voted for Obama in a racist effort to repudiate Bush?

Quote:
Anyone who is that reactionary is not living in the real world, and needs to turn off the hate radio.
I agree. You need to stop getting all your info about the Tea Party from MSNBC, the biggest hate mongers around.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,478,735 times
Well this turned out just how I expected it.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,852,792 times
Let's face it, racism in the USA will take time to disappear significantly.
It was only in the 60's that any kind of real change started here in the USA and that was only just over 50 years ago. Before that the USA was akin to the apartheid in South Africa....... oh how proud we must be.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,471,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I think white people in this country are used to being in rooms full of white people so when they're not they get uncomfortable. When you're uncomfortable it's detectable, if only on the subconscious, and people around you get uncomfortable and treat you differently. Many black people in this country are the same way. I know many who are scared to go to poor, backwoods white areas. If you told a white person they wouldn't understand just as a black person doesn't really understand when a white person is afraid to enter a poor black neighborhood at night.

As to me, I'm been the stand-out in just about every 'room' in the USA. Black, white, asian, latino. So it's something I'm used to, and don't even think about it. As a result I never noticed the things you guys talk about.
I stand out in every room too cause I use a blind cane so I can relate too. But I definitely notice it. When I walk into a room, most people become uncomfortable. I sense it immediately. It’s rare for me to walk into a room where people aren’t made uncomfortable by my blindness. But in spite of that, I have still noticed the racial dynamics that go on. I think different people just notice different things. I don’t think it has to do with how much you stand out personally.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:29 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,471,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Everything in the show is staged, including the above. They are all actors. The same people are used over and over, they're all in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Everything in the show is staged, including the above. They are all actors. The same people are used over and over, they're all in them.
Do you get that the people who are asked “what would you do?” are not the same?

Even if they were, things like the scenarios depicted happen in real life. Many of the scenarios in “What Would You Do?” have happened to me personally, in real life.

Regardless of how staged these how itself is, the theme of the show does point to something very real that happens all the time.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Yeah conservatives just call entire races animals
You have lost any shred of credibility I might have thought you had with this statement. I could post 9 pages of responses to this inane statement - but I would only be giving credence to someone who is entirely consumed with a delusional schema of the the world.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:24 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,220,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

That's what I meant...
You say that in the comforts of your home, it's a lot different in the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies