Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Aderol and ritalin are mind altering drugs. Just because they're legal that doesn't mean they're not. In fact there are kids that are using them for the simple purpose of getting high. You'll get no argument from me about cocaine. I personally have no use for that crap! Never tried it, never had the urge to, nor will I ever. That goes for any other hard drugs out there, legal or illegal. However; in the case of marijuana, there is no solid proof that marijuana is addictive, nor is there any risk of overdose or death from consuming too much marijuana at one time. Name any drug legal or illegal that doesn't have the potential kill you if you consume too much at one time.
You can take Aderol and Ritalin and still legally drive. Glad you have no use for cocaine. I have no use for that, marijuana and any of that other junk.

Quote:
You can't.
That's not the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:21 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,946,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
If it is legalized our roads are going to be less safe to drive on.
You're delusional. Anybody who wants to smoke and drive is doing it already. The legal status has nothing to do with it.

If pot were made legal tomorrow would you smoke it?

Get a clue! Nobody who advocates legalization is also advocating DUI.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Then why aren't traffic deaths sky rocketing in states where medical marijuana is legal? Instead, they have been DROPPING.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM

538 posts, read 1,012,707 times
Some people will believe anything they hear about the subject at hand because they have no knowledge or experience with it. So they are completely against it.

Ron Paul 2012. Lets get rid of the over paid DEA and other useless federal agencies and use the money toward something useful.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrebel View Post
Assuming that marijuana was legalized, should all the different types of smoking bans, i.e, smoking inside in bars or restaurants or cars, or outside in parks or patios, be amended to allow marijuana smoking and not tobacco smoking?

ummm no. it is still smoking and harmful to ones health. It is not good to burn any plant matter and inhale it. I would just assume it be legalized, but mainly as a means to stop the insane war on drugs, which is nothing more than a waste of money.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Now, I don't advocate driving extremely stoned, because it would he like driving when you are extremely tired, but if just buzzed a bit then its alright. It makes me more patient with the idiots on the road, I drive slower, and it makes driving a fun experience honestly. Unless youre in bumper to bumper traffic. Completely kills it. Give me the high driver paying attention and listening to music over the lady disciplining her kids, or the dude talking on the phone, old people, left lane hoggers, etc.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:57 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
You're delusional. Anybody who wants to smoke and drive is doing it already. The legal status has nothing to do with it.

If pot were made legal tomorrow would you smoke it?

Get a clue! Nobody who advocates legalization is also advocating DUI.
No, they are not. You cannot make a blanket statement like that and be correct. Searches, like the TSA crap are becoming easier in many areas of our sick nation.
Therefore, there exist plenty of folks that will relax and not fear being arrested, smoke pot, carry it around with them AND drive under the influence.
Now, do again but with yourself in mind.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:00 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Now, I don't advocate driving extremely stoned, because it would he like driving when you are extremely tired, but if just buzzed a bit then its alright. It makes me more patient with the idiots on the road, I drive slower, and it makes driving a fun experience honestly. Unless youre in bumper to bumper traffic. Completely kills it. Give me the high driver paying attention and listening to music over the lady disciplining her kids, or the dude talking on the phone, old people, left lane hoggers, etc.

I smoked it a thousand times, back in the seventies and refused to drive for a couple of hours after doing so, or...it meant I had some really weak stuff.

Friends? well, we got some great stuff and one friend ended up driving the wrong way in downtown, San Antonio on the way to a concert, but I forget which one, LOL. That was nuts, but we didn't hurt anyone, thank God, and then another friend ran a red light and then said, "Oh dear, I just ran a red light." His stuff was pretty good, too, so sorry, can't agree with or respect what you are saying.

I've heard that the stuff is much stronger now. true?

I dread driving on the streets with the stuff legal.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinrebel View Post
Assuming that marijuana was legalized, should all the different types of smoking bans, i.e, smoking inside in bars or restaurants or cars, or outside in parks or patios, be amended to allow marijuana smoking and not tobacco smoking?

The government should not regulate smoking at all. As a business owner, I should be able to determine if smoking is allowed in my shop or store. As a customer or employee, you should be able to decide to do business with me or work for me.

We don't need government telling us what to eat, drink or smoke.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 AM

538 posts, read 1,012,707 times
Quote:
I smoked it a thousand times, back in the seventies and refused to drive for a couple of hours after doing so, or...it meant I had some really weak stuff.

Friends? well, we got some great stuff and one friend ended up driving the wrong way in downtown, San Antonio on the way to a concert, but I forget which one, LOL. That was nuts, but we didn't hurt anyone, thank God, and then another friend ran a red light and then said, "Oh dear, I just ran a red light." His stuff was pretty good, too, so sorry, can't agree with or respect what you are saying.

I've heard that the stuff is much stronger now. true?

I dread driving on the streets with the stuff legal.
You are contempt with drunk drivers on the road?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies