Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
you have demonstrated that you know nothing of what the Founding father's wanted (psst, they were never in agreement on what Allegiance entailed, and had differing views. In fact, several of them didn't even propost a "natural born" citizen clause to become President - or in one proposal, a governor)

funny how birthers claim to know the intentions of the founding fathers, when they themselves were in conflict over every detail when writing the US constitution

Yet, there it is.... Right in the US Constitutional requirements to be President of this nation.

We have been defrauded.

Wool does not keep your eyes warm.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:48 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yet, there it is.... Right in the US Constitutional requirements to be President of this nation.

We have been defrauded.

Wool does not keep your eyes warm.

Then tell me.

Why haven't birthers won a single case, especially in places where the judge WANTED birthers to win such as was the case in Georgia?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:58 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Then tell me.

Why haven't birthers won a single case, especially in places where the judge WANTED birthers to win such as was the case in Georgia?
Because judges are people with families and loved ones. They want to live. Extortion, bribes, death threats, take your pick. Power corrupts absolutely and this resident is the most corrupt of all, he makes Bush look like a choir boy. Dumb down the sheep, control the media, and who is to stop him? He is from Chicago!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Then tell me.

How did it "go down" in Georgia, again? I'm sure there is a conspiracy theory with facts to back it.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Our founders were well aware of allegiances to other nations than the US in one generation. Case in point, anchor babies from illegals. They have some allegiance to a parental homeland.
Which ignores the very simple, elementary question I am posing to Bideshi.

Conspiracies don't happen for no reason. Every conspiracy theory MUST have a cogent, coherent, logical, sensible reason for why a conspiracy began.

There has to be a reason to embark on a criminal conspiracy.

Fact 1: Obama's birth was announced in two Honolulu newspapers.

Fact 2: When Obama's mother remarried Mr Soetoro, and Mr Soetoro enrolled Obama in school, on the school registration papers Mr Soetoro clearly states that Obama was born in Honolulu.

Therefore, if Obama was born elsewhere, which is what Bideshi asserts as very possible, and not in Honolulu, then a conspiracy was started when Obama was a baby. Obama's mother was an American citizen. Regardless of where he was born, she could easily acquire American citizenship for him. So why conspire to lie about his birthplace.

That's the question, and I will not be diverted from demanding an answer.

If people are going to assert that a conspiracy occurred, the first hurdle in proving such a conspiracy is providing a rational reason for the conspiracy to begin with.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Because judges are people with families and loved ones. They want to live. Extortion, bribes, death threats, take your pick. Power corrupts absolutely and this resident is the most corrupt of all, he makes Bush look like a choir boy. Dumb down the sheep, control the media, and who is to stop him? He is from Chicago!

Or, you can actually read the decision and see how must disgust he had with how badly the Birthers presented their case.

I'm beginning to think that foil rots braincells.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I think that'd be a great idea. That would pull ALL evidence out in an open court (you know it'd be televised) for all to see and understand. I think it's a bit premature to predict which way it'd go with a jury but who knows? You might be right.

Now back to reality, there's no chance Obama would put this issue in open court for a whole slew of reasons, the first being it'd hamper his re-election attempt.
When is the last time you've ever heard of a president suing someone for slander or libel?

How about never?

Under the law the president is a public figure so he would have to prove that the defamatory statement were made with actual malice, which means that they were either made with the knowledge that they were false or with a reckless disregard for their falsity.

I think this standard could be met in this case, because I have no doubt that the people making these claims know that they are lies, but there is still no payoff for the President to take such an action.

Besides, this issue has already been in court multiple times and the result is the same every time. What kind of mystical court would satisfy you?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
When is the last time you've ever heard of a president suing someone for slander or libel?

How about never?

Under the law the president is a public figure so he would have to prove that the defamatory statement were made with actual malice, which means that they were either made with the knowledge that they were false or with a reckless disregard for their falsity.

I think this standard could be met in this case, because I have no doubt that the people making these claims know that they are lies, but there is still no payoff for the President to take such an action.

Besides, this issue has already been in court multiple times and the result is the same every time. What kind of mystical court would satisfy you?
Maybe Judge Judy?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:28 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
How did it "go down" in Georgia, again? I'm sure there is a conspiracy theory with facts to back it.
if there is we've yet to see those facts.

pretty simple. the first part of the georgia hearing was the "2parent" theory. this got shot down with the ankeny v daniels ( citing wong kim ark ) decision. no surprise there or conspiracy.

the second part was orly taitz. she basically lost due to her own incompetence ( and lack of bringing in evidence or experts accepted by a court of law ). again, no surprise or conspiracy.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Because judges are people with families and loved ones. They want to live. Extortion, bribes, death threats, take your pick.
any evidence of any of these in the 99 lost cases to date claud? or is this " it must be true because we keep losing cases and there is no way i could be wrong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies