Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:48 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times

Advertisements

GOP: Dems 'played games' over Sandra Fluke | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Interesting little read. I still believe that this 30 year old activist was used (and im sure she didnt mind) by the Democrats. She was used solely for political purposes.

Something else to remember, no one was even talking about birth control until Obama brought this whole thing up. He is doing nothing more than playing pathetic political games. The goal, which has been successful so far, is to put something out there he knew many would be upset over, and the overall focus would shift from his record, the economy, gas, jobs, etc to this silly thing over bc.

So much for that hope and change coming to DC. He is as bad as anyone else thats been here when it comes to political charades and games. While Im sure some of you are proud he used this trick, but you really should be ashamed. But if you arent now, you never will be. The media and Obama pushed this hope and change and how Obama was really something different and refreshing. From week one he proved he was nothing different. Same bs. Tax cheats, lies, scandals, no transparency.

He continued some of the things he stood flat out against, and the liberals did too......at one time. Now very few libs say anything about the things they were yelling about 4 years ago. Its ok if Obama does it I suppose....

Bottom line is he used this BC and Sandra Fluke for political purposes. He knew at least part of what she said was going to make her look a bit foolish but he and Pelosi trotted her out there anyways. Im not going to excuse some of the names she's been called, unfortunately some on the right let themselves get caught in this stupid trap and they bit...bit hard. Regardless, half of her testimony was nonsense and can be easily argued against. But the fact that Obama orchestrated all this for distraction and political stupidity is what really should be the focus here. Its a shame many of you cant see that or you wont admit it. I believe you need to find another leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 10:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Yep, the women are playing games with Rush as well. You think the Dems are taking advantage of their passion, "You Bet'cha" and they will do whatever they can to make it spread and become louder. Thanks Rush, keep it up!

Advertisers Begin Dropping Limbaugh | The Moderate Voice

Last edited by florida.bob; 03-03-2012 at 11:07 AM..

Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Game or no game Lardarse Lim-blah-blah-blah had no right to defame Fluke's character, he
needs to apologize publicly.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,096,532 times
This woman was used...by being denied an opportunity to speak at a Congressional hearing...by Republicans attempting to manipulate an issue.

If this is the case, then it's truly the latest evidence in the case for why Republican's should be outlawed from any position of authority or power for at least the next 25 years.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Dems Played Games Over Sandra Fluke and Obama Played Political Games to Distract .

Yes! And the beat goes on.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:13 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Game or no game Lardarse Lim-blah-blah-blah had no right to defame Fluke's character, he
needs to apologize publicly.
Limbaugh is a pathetic idiot, nothing new there...talking head nobody like most on the am radiowaves.

But have all the liberal commentators that called Palin the "c" word apologize as well? I know that two wrongs dont make a right, but the double standard is blatantly obvious, and the next election will prove that.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Default The hypocrisy of the hatefilled left on display

Maher Responds to Limbaugh: I Can Call Palin C-word Because 'I Don't Have Sponsors - I'm on HBO' | MRCTV

I particularly like this comment:

Quote:
Will some reporter out there ask Obama's Press Secretary "If President Obama called that Fluke lady to apologize for the remarks made by Rush Limbaugh, why hasn't he called Laura Ingrim, Tim Tebow and Sarah Palin for all of the offensive vitriol that was said about them from the Left-wing media?"

Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Limbaugh is a pathetic idiot, nothing new there...talking head nobody like most on the am radiowaves.

But have all the liberal commentators that called Palin the "c" word apologize as well? I know that two wrongs dont make a right, but the double standard is blatantly obvious, and the next election will prove that.
I have never heard one say that, but my exposure to AM radio is limited to mostly NPR.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Bottom line is he used this BC and Sandra Fluke for political purposes. He knew at least part of what she said was going to make her look a bit foolish but he and Pelosi trotted her out there anyways. Im not going to excuse some of the names she's been called, unfortunately some on the right let themselves get caught in this stupid trap and they bit...bit hard. Regardless, half of her testimony was nonsense and can be easily argued against. But the fact that Obama orchestrated all this for distraction and political stupidity is what really should be the focus here. Its a shame many of you cant see that or you wont admit it. I believe you need to find another leader.
I hadn't read much about this until your post. This lady, a 3rd year law student, tried to give testimony to a congressional hearing, but she was denied. You said, "he used this BC". Do you really think that the President sites around watching for any speaker that might be denied the ability to give testimony?

There were all of 0 women heard at the hearing around birth control for women. I don't you can be surprised if Pelosi testifies. The fault here is more with Republicans and their sausage fest hearing. This was of course exemplified by the drug addict spouting off that she's a **** seemingly because she might be on birth control.

Your whole post is 3/4 bitching about Obama and then one little paragraph complaining about this lady. The 30 year old activist wasn't used, she had other people help her make her point. That being that there are plenty of non-birth control medical cases where the birth control pill is used.

Quote:
The goal, which has been successful so far, is to put something out there he knew many would be upset over, and the overall focus would shift from his record, the economy, gas, jobs, etc to this silly thing over bc.
The goal seems to be to give women all of the choices they have available around their own body. Given the economic turnaround, I don't think Obama is having trouble running on his record. He's polling in double digits over Romney right now and he hasn't even started his campaign.

By the way, I'm not sure if you knew, but the Pres doesn't set gas prices. I'm pretty sure you didn't or you wouldn't have been blaming him for it.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:22 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post

Difference is that Palin was and IS a public figure, previously on the Repub ticket for VPOTUS while
Sandra Fluke is a private citizen, politicians are fodder for comedians like Maher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies