Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Try reading a little close, not one word of this referred to you.

Read: //www.city-data.com/forum/23292444-post126.html

You directly used my post as the quote, and say 'your stories don't match up'. How is that supposed to be interpreted? I would think that when someone is directly quoted (me), and responses are made against that quote, it is fair to believe that the responses are to the quotee.
'splain to me Lucy, as to how not one word referred to me, in this context. Me thinks a lesson in netiquette is due here.

It referred to the research I did the other day.

So you quoted me because......?

As for you, you're not winning any sympathy, if I read you right, with your $1.2 million house. You sound like another greedy bastard that thinks they don't have to help fund the government. Another, "my money" scofflaw. Gotta love the suggestion by you a few posts back that you plan to hide your assets off shore so you can steal what you don't need from the government. What is that? Greed or hate of your country?

Not looking for any sympathy. Personally, I really don't care.
Definition of stealing: Take (another person's property) without permission and without intending to return it. Sounds like the gov to me. I gladly will pay for many things the gov does, as it can do a great deal of good. On the other hand, there are items I object to, and am forced to pay for anyway.

Quote:"steal what you don't need from the government"

Not sure what that means.... if I don't need it or receive any benefit from it, how is that 'stealing'?

Now, now, calling people names does two things: 1). gets you flagged by the moderator, and 2). demonstrates a last-gasp attempt to get a point across when misguided logic or opinions no longer work.

We will see, in the end, who is the more 'greedy bastard' as you state, when I donate my entire estate to charity, every last nickel. Not to kids, relatives, friends. But to those who really need it. Let's see if you will step up and do the same. Then we all will know who is more 'greedy'.
Mine in red
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Easy to say that, OP, when you're not in the situation yourself.

I'm sure if you got in a car accident tomorrow and lost the use of all your limbs, you'd be singing another tune.
These wingnuts are always so self reliant until that tornado, flood or hurricane wipes their home out, then their the first ones complaining that da gobernment is not doing enough and they weren't there to prevent their loss. Don't I recall a whining governor from Texas complaining that the federal gobernment wasn't doing enough about the wildfires and drought?

One of those unpatriotic bastards, on this thread, suggested that they are planning to hide their goodies off shore so they can steal government aid. Actually proud of it.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
Mine in red
Quote:
There is a little more difficult way, though it still lets me stay in this country:

1). Live on unincorporated land (poof! no local taxes) (in progress)

2). Remove all investments from my name (blind trusts), and place them offshore. (poof!)

You won't be getting any complaints from me

Actually, then I could go on welfare, living assistance, food stamps, unemployment.... Ahhh.... life is good. I think I need a cigar.

(Actually, I only complain about one thing, and that is if you incur expenses based on your behavior, it is not my responsibility to pay for them).
You, in post #86, telling the world you think STEALING government aid is a great idea, worthy of a cigar.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Pretty big claim there, "cronyism has expanded exponentially ".

Care to expand on that? You have charts or tables? You do understand exponential growth, right?
It was a rhetorical statement.

Obama is not hiding the fact that he loves green energy, and he is not hiding the tens of billions of dollars he has been pouring into it. Even though green energy is failing, it does not stop the billions of taxpayer-funded, venture capital, Obama has wasted. These companies file for bankruptcy a few months after they are infused with ObamaCash, and Obama refuses to back off.

Green energy firms are his cronies, he is funneling around $100 billion to them. When has any president every done this with any one industry?

Venture capitalists play key role in Obama's Energy Department - The Washington Post

Quote:
Thank, but no thanks, your definition of my beliefs is way off, more a set of wingnut talking points.
What do I care about your beliefs, you are not even responding to a post I wrote about you.

If you are in favor of Obama using a new law by the HHS, to force employers to give away free birth control pills, free abortion pills, and free medical procedures, or face millions in federal fines, then I described you perfectly.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:38 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Here's some more SuperSparkle famous quotes...

“Not on my nickel. I did it by myself, and am proud of it. I will support those wanting a higher education, with my hard-earned money, once YOU decide to help reimburse me for my Aston Martin. I choose funding your kids as much as you choose to fund my toy cars. Let's call it even, when you pay.”

“Instead of protesting tuition hikes, I would recommend the protesters go do their homework, get good grades, and land a good job (I am hiring ). Also, it is getting expensive for me to be donating cans of mace to the local police departments.”

"I have no compassion for the American kids, as I hold the parents fully responsible. She will likely go to an Ivy League for medicine, and I will gladly pay for it, while your kids can learn how to press the button for a 'happy meal' on the register at McD's.”

SuperSparkle do you even claim to be patriotic?

Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
To buy votes. It's called "the Democrat base." It's why the war on poverty will never be won. The Democrats need people needing them. Keep them down and give them stuff and they'll vote Democrat for life.
Amen to that

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
You, in post #86, telling the world you think STEALING government aid is a great idea, worthy of a cigar.

Hypocrisy at it's best.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I never stated one word about actually stealing it. You are implying that I have (or will ever) use it. If I did use it, that would be stealing. No use = No steal.
Go look at the definition of hyperbole.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
To buy votes. It's called "the Democrat base." It's why the war on poverty will never be won. The Democrats need people needing them. Keep them down and give them stuff and they'll vote Democrat for life.
The safety net does have a legitimate purpose, there are people who truly have fallen into bad times and do need our help. You can argue that this is true, but that the federal government should not be running the program.

You are correct, the dems abuse the system. They take the initial programs, and widen the net to cover as many people as possible. We are at the point now, where middle income families with three children earning $70,000 a year, qualify as poor, and need to be covered by the SCHIP social welfare net.

2007 Federal Poverty Guidelines
CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2009

These programs are for the most needy and unfortunate among us, but the dems have perverted these programs so that middle America is now classified as poor, needy and unfortunate.

When did we get to a point where the poor and needy required a $7,500 rebate to buy a fancy electric car?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Does anybody have statistics on the percentage of our budget that goes towards welfare (food stamps and housing)? I've heard and seen reports where it was an extremely small portion of the budget. It would be false to assume that our economic troubles are due to welfare. Welfare for the poor that is.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,067,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Here's some more SuperSparkle famous quotes...

“Not on my nickel. I did it by myself, and am proud of it. I will support those wanting a higher education, with my hard-earned money, once YOU decide to help reimburse me for my Aston Martin. I choose funding your kids as much as you choose to fund my toy cars. Let's call it even, when you pay.”

“Instead of protesting tuition hikes, I would recommend the protesters go do their homework, get good grades, and land a good job (I am hiring ). Also, it is getting expensive for me to be donating cans of mace to the local police departments.”

"I have no compassion for the American kids, as I hold the parents fully responsible. She will likely go to an Ivy League for medicine, and I will gladly pay for it, while your kids can learn how to press the button for a 'happy meal' on the register at McD's.”

SuperSparkle do you even claim to be patriotic?

According to liberals, anyone who would rather not fund the care and feeding of the lowest common denominator is somehow unpatriotic. I suppose questioning one's patriotism is the new official tact now that calling racism has lost it's oompf.

I rather enjoy how liberals all at once start using exactly the same buzzwords and irrational talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies