Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:10 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times

Advertisements

I have known about cases like these for years, where the baby actually survives an abortion attempt. While rare, it does happen. Of course, pro-deathers will make plenty of excuses for why this baby should have died, this human being.

Mother's anger turns to delight after her baby survives an abortion | Mail Online

Another article, where our man of change acknowledges that abortion survivors are not real people, and thus do not deserve the same right's as the rest of us.

The Audacity of Death - WSJ.com

Gianna, from the last article, was burned alive for about 18 hours with saline solution in the last trimester of pregnancy, before surviving the whole ordeal and exited the womb. She now suffers from cerebral palsy because of the attempted execution.

Survivors of Abortion - Gianna Jenssen.

Another girl who survived, three times, an attempted murder.

Every one of us born after 1972 is a survivor of the abortion holocaust, as our parents chose not to take part in the act of infanticide.

Consider yourselves lucky.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Abortion survivors? I had no idea a clump of cells that aren't even alive and if they were they can't feel pain and anyhow its just a parasite could survive i.e. live after being attempted aborted. Huh, learn something new everyday

Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,548,343 times
Pull a live baby partially out, drill a hole in it's head to kill it and we're supposed to celebrate "choice".

Kick a dog and go to jail.

Quite a country we live in.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:27 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Partial birth abortion in particular horrifies me, as does the choice Mr. Audacity made to vote "no" on a law that would require docs to take care of the unfortunate baby here and there who survives an abortion, rather than leave him or her on the table to finish dying.

Unlike some, I'm not hung up on the "life begins at conception" definition.

To me, it's about compassion. I honestly don't have a real issue with first trimester abortion, although I thank God every day I never had to make that decision.

But if a child is viable, he or she can feel pain and be afraid. The thought of killing that child makes me sick.

It is inherently wrong for us to allow a child to be mutilated and killed at that point in his or her life.

I feel that if a woman is mature enough to have sex, she's mature enough to know if she's pregnant by the time she's 3 months along. After that, she needs to be mature enough to follow through on the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption to a family that's been waiting for a little blessing to enter their lives.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:32 PM

559 posts, read 1,356,684 times
Well boys, don't like abortion, USE birth control. I'm a bit tired of men complaining about the womens right to choose. Men also have the right to choose by using birth control. Simple isn't it?

Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Well boys, don't like abortion, USE birth control. I'm a bit tired of men complaining about the womens right to choose. Men also have the right to choose by using birth control. Simple isn't it?
men have no choice in this matter. yes, they can choose to use a condom. but once they get a girl pregnant, the time for choice ends. then it's ALL about the womans right. men should have the RIGHT to walk away from a pregnancy too with no financial obligation. because whether or not you wish to believe it, there are deceptive women out there just looking to get knocked up and lie about taking birth control. that can ruin a mans life.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:35 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,270,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I have known about cases like these for years, where the baby actually survives an abortion attempt. While rare, it does happen. Of course, pro-deathers will make plenty of excuses for why this baby should have died, this human being.
I find it odd (and rather amusing) that so called "pro lifers" rant & rave more about the unborn being killed than children who are abused, molested, or murdered after birth. As far as the unborn not being classified as real people, I'm afraid I have to agree because LEGALLY, they aren't considered human beings until birth. A good example is the Census. The unborn are not tallied as part of the official population count. So you adamant "pro lifers" are going to have to change the way the Census Bureau operates (as well as change other laws) before you can get abortion completely banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Every one of us born after 1972 is a survivor of the abortion holocaust, as our parents chose not to take part in the act of infanticide.

Consider yourselves lucky.
Oh, and you don't think abortion existed BEFORE 1973??? Terminating of pregnancies occurred without much thought long before the 1970s, only illegally, and by very unsafe, unsanitary methods! The bottom line is: make abortion illegal, and you will be turning the abortion clinics into black market operations. They will still exist, but in the back alleys where women will have a much higher chance of severe infection or even death. But many ardent "pro lifers" would rather have the mother suffer or killed just as long as the baby survives. Such compassion!
()

Old 06-09-2008, 01:43 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
Women have the right to use birth control as well. Birth contol such as the pill, the ring, the sponge, condoms, implants, shots , and lets not forget the morning after pill.
Accidents may happen, birth control may fail but there is never an excuse for a second or third trimester abortion. As for health of the mother --- 'depression' is under the umbrella of the health of the mother loophole. And that is disgusting, immoral and not appropriate for people in this more scientifically and sexually enligtened era.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:44 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,442,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
men have no choice in this matter. yes, they can choose to use a condom. but once they get a girl pregnant, the time for choice ends. then it's ALL about the womans right. men should have the RIGHT to walk away from a pregnancy too with no financial obligation. because whether or not you wish to believe it, there are deceptive women out there just looking to get knocked up and lie about taking birth control. that can ruin a mans life.
hey, jmarquise, thats cold

Old 06-09-2008, 01:47 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

Simple? Not really.

Other than abstinence there is NO 100% effective method of birth control.

Just one of the reasons I believe a woman should absolutelty have the right of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.