Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,526 times

Advertisements

I vote this topic be closed/shut down, some people (I won't say who) are being incredibly hostile to others.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:09 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Abortion survivors? I had no idea a clump of cells that aren't even alive and if they were they can't feel pain and anyhow its just a parasite could survive i.e. live after being attempted aborted. Huh, learn something new everyday
Yeah, it's called a human being, and it's very much alive. I wonder if you tell your kids if you think of them as former parasites.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Well boys, don't like abortion, USE birth control. I'm a bit tired of men complaining about the womens right to choose. Men also have the right to choose by using birth control. Simple isn't it?
Responsibility is a two-way street.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
men have no choice in this matter. yes, they can choose to use a condom. but once they get a girl pregnant, the time for choice ends. then it's ALL about the womans right.
So the father and the unborn child lose all of their rights? Interesting.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I find it odd (and rather amusing) that so called "pro lifers" rant & rave more about the unborn being killed than children who are abused, molested, or murdered after birth. As far as the unborn not being classified as real people, I'm afraid I have to agree because LEGALLY, they aren't considered human beings until birth.
Slaves were once legally considered not human. What the law thinks has nothing to do with the sentience or humanness of the being. It's just a legal opinion.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Simple? Not really.

Other than abstinence there is NO 100% effective method of birth control.

Just one of the reasons I believe a woman should absolutelty have the right of choice.
Because heaven forbid we hold someone accountable for their actions. The baby is easily disposable as long as we hide behind the lovely, tidy little word "choice."

Old 06-09-2008, 09:16 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,412,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Yeah, it's called a human being, and it's very much alive. I wonder if you tell your kids if you think of them as former parasites.
I think the poster was being facetious... read again.

I hope so anyway!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
I vote this topic be closed/shut down, some people (I won't say who) are being incredibly hostile to others.
And who are you?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:29 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
So the father and the unborn child lose all of their rights? Interesting.
Until they have the fetus sucking the life out of their body, the man is out of the equation. Why should a woman be held prisoner for 9 months for something she doesn't want?

Quote:
Because heaven forbid we hold someone accountable for their actions. The baby is easily disposable as long as we hide behind the lovely, tidy little word "choice."
As discussed in the numerous other threads on a woman’s right to choose, it’s a matter of definition.

I define a fetus as a parasite, it is not viable.
Once it is viable, it’s a different story (for me).

Pretty simple.
Interesting how you don’t respect the choices that others make for their own lives.
How does another person’s actions affect you in any way?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM

There's a gray area between right and wrong.

But then there are things that are so very right as to be incontrovertible.

There are also things that are so wrong they cross the line to "evil".

I realize this post is about children who have, by the Grace of God alone, survived an abortion.

But it inevitably brings up the whole subject of late-term and partial birth abortion which to me, are just an exhibition of cold, heartless souls in need of a good swift kick in the pants to open their eyes and see what in the world they're doing.

These practices are devastating in my mind, and I simply cannot envision the heart of the person who performs them with a clear conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies