Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:38 AM

630 posts, read 1,295,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I have adopted......

I must apologize, chielgirl.......I know I have explained this before, but obviously I must have mucked it up.
All those children are in foster care. It is damn near impossible to adopt thru foster care. If you do go that route, you can expect enourmous heartache as children placed in you care (who are abused/negleted) are given back to their 'parents' to be abused/neglected again. Maybe after years of this, you might get to adopt.....but by the time the state finally terminates parental rights those kids are in bad shape. I for one wasn't up to the task.
You want to blame someone for the unwanted children in foster care? Blame the social workers who believe blood is best even when blood beats the living crap out of a child, or rapes a child, or doesn't feed a child.

hey camping im in 110% support of every statement you've made. I have to tell you i really admire your drive to have kept fighting for your children. My mother is 59 and she has gone through a rough divorce and 4 miscarriages fighting for everyone and i truly respect her for having the drive to bring me into this world. nothing can take that appreciation away from me. You really do have to have a certain respect for human life. I believe women like you and my mother don't take that for granted. I feel in my opinion that bucking heads with a woman that has no respect for human life and no respect for what you went through doesn't even deserve attention. That is all she is trying to do, she probably has no life, no job , way to much time on her hands to be arguing on a message board on the internet with someone she is disagreeing with and doesn't even know persally.God only knows she will probably make sure she is the last one to post on this thread so she can make sure she has the last word * rolls eyes* haha

I personally have no respect for anyone who forces their views on other people and isn't open minded about anything. My mother has always taught me and my sister ( and she practices this herself) that it doesn't matter how old you are, there is always something in life left to learn, you never know it all, no matter how old you are. So in my opinion chielgirl is completely immature acting and i wish she would act more her age.

anyways sorry for the rant my post was basically just a response to all your posts saying primarily that i really respect your views and a woman like you shouldn't be waisting her time on a girl like chielgirl. dont ler her get under your skin.

cheers

Old 07-06-2008, 03:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
camping, I do know that you have adopted. You're one of the few who has actually taken action to alleviate some of the problem, most people just talk about what "others" will do. It's not the social workers, it's the system itself, meaning lawmakers. Social workers just carry out the law.

I was speaking to cremebrulee who has made several comments about all of these potential kids being wanted, it just ain't so.
There was someone in the system who spoke of this within the past 20 pages or so.
There are a lot of kids who can't be adopted even after their families relinquish custody because they're too old, behavior problems, etc.

I was asking cremebrulee if she was putting her resources where her mouth is.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 AM

37,472 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
camping, I do know that you have adopted. You're one of the few who has actually taken action to alleviate some of the problem, most people just talk about what "others" will do. It's not the social workers, it's the system itself, meaning lawmakers. Social workers just carry out the law. ...
We have been foster parents in two states, and we have adopted through the system.

With all due respect, it is the case workers, who screw up the system.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:45 AM

28,911 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
We have been foster parents in two states, and we have adopted through the system.

With all due respect, it is the case workers, who screw up the system.
your right, I have had foster children myself...and I would never do it again...awful experiences...

Old 07-06-2008, 09:52 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,312 times
I thought I left high school a long time ago.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
camping, I do know that you have adopted. You're one of the few who has actually taken action to alleviate some of the problem, most people just talk about what "others" will do. It's not the social workers, it's the system itself, meaning lawmakers. Social workers just carry out the law.

I was speaking to cremebrulee who has made several comments about all of these potential kids being wanted, it just ain't so.
There was someone in the system who spoke of this within the past 20 pages or so.
There are a lot of kids who can't be adopted even after their families relinquish custody because they're too old, behavior problems, etc.

I was asking cremebrulee if she was putting her resources where her mouth is.

But you have to see that the old 'why aren't you adopting then?' argument is a flawed one. People should never adopt to prove a point. I'm sure that you will agree with me there!
I also have to disagree with the role of the social worker in this.......they have a lot more clout then perhaps you realize. The mess foster care is in is do soley to social workers engaged in social engineering --- it doesn't work, but they will not change course.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:36 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Ok, this is starting to get a bit too personal and I am going to close this one down temporarily until folks can calm down and maybe start discussing the topic instead of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies