Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:22 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You missed all sorts of other taxes you pay.

Gasoline taxes on every gallon you buy... Maybe 50 cents a gallon.

Excise taxes on you utility bills.

License fees, marriage and drivers licenses and plates.

Sin taxes, taxes on booze and tobacco.

Tolls for roads, bridges and tunnels.

Usage fees, park fees, museum fees.

Here is a list that might have some I missed

List of taxes paid by Americans......Are you still under their spell? | Talk of the Sound

When all is said and done, 40% of your minimum wage pay check may be going toward taxes.
------------------------------------------------------------------

I give all the credit to Libertards. Please thank them the next time you vote for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 03:41 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Rigged is a very strong word. If the system is so "rigged" people would prefer to make a lower income than higher no?

We have a progressive tax system where higher income tax brackets pay more than lower income tax brackets. Those who are on the lower end of the spectrum are currently having trouble just paying for basic needs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I see. So those with a skill to be able to do something fruitful for the country should be penalized for that skill. Someone that can start a business, hire employees, create and build products, ship them worldwide, should be accordingly taxed more heavily than those that do not take the risks.
I get it.
So the libertard's mantra is from Aesop, 'Killing the goose that laid the golden eggs'.

I think the Democrats should change their mascot from a donkey (which was appropriate as they are ***es), to a disemboweled snow goose.

As currently being realized (and has been for quite a while), industry is running from this country as fast as they can. Can't say I haven't helped, but you get what you deserve.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:42 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
It is not just YOUR country, thank God. Your ideas of redistibution of wealth sicken me. No conservative denies help to those that can not help themselves or even a temporary hand to help through a tough patch. But these days where half the country is on the take and not even paying any federal income tax is not a safety net but a hammock. Takers work harder finding ways to feed off the public trough than they would if they just got a dam job.
You must be out of touch with the lower economic class in this country. You truly must be oblivious.

You act as if the poor don't work. In fact, they work harder than most of the affluent. Come work with us meat packers for a day and then tell me the poor don't work.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I hear the same song from the left over and over again...."You want to do this or that on the backs of the poor!".

Cut medicaid, SSI, Food Stamps, Welfare, WIC and SCHIP.

Allowing people to fend for themselves would create a better society.

Two generations and we'll all be better.
What kind of a country do you want this to be? The country you are describing is common throughout the world. It's called the 3rd world.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I see. So those with a skill to be able to do something fruitful for the country should be penalized for that skill. Someone that can start a business, hire employees, create and build products, ship them worldwide, should be accordingly taxed more heavily than those that do not take the risks.
I get it.
So the libertard's mantra is from Aesop, 'Killing the goose that laid the golden eggs'.

I think the Democrats should change their mascot from a donkey (which was appropriate as they are ***es), to a disemboweled snow goose.

As currently being realized (and has been for quite a while), industry is running from this country as fast as they can. Can't say I haven't helped, but you get what you deserve.
First of all, you've never started a business. I've started 2. I nearly starved trying to get my first business up and running. Don't tell me about taking risk. Second of all, those who make more, can afford higher taxes. It's why a group of millionaires went to the White House arguing for higher taxes.

As far as your "values"... Let's take a look at some of your more famous quotes.

“If you read any of my posts, I never started a business. We have a reading comprehension problem here. Go grind some hamburger or play a ukelele. Want to see my recording studio? I just do it for fun.”

Your not a business owner. Don't tell me about taking risk. Funny, my 1st business is a music based business.

“Not on my nickel. I did it by myself, and am proud of it. I will support those wanting a higher education, with my hard-earned money, once YOU decide to help reimburse me for my Aston Martin. I choose funding your kids as much as you choose to fund my toy cars. Let's call it even, when you pay.”

Please. Sure you did. Again, attacking people based on economic status. What morals.

You ARE what's wrong with this country.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-09-2012 at 04:58 AM..

Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You must be out of touch with the lower economic class in this country. You truly must be oblivious.

You act as if the poor don't work. In fact, they work harder than most of the affluent. Come work with us meat packers for a day and then tell me the poor don't work.
I guess people have different definitions of poor. I worked hard my whole life. I was able to put a roof over my head, feed and cloth my family, have a car and a couple TVs. Is that rich to you? Is that poor to you?
The "poor" in this country, that are on the take, have all of the above without paying any income tax.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:26 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A childless adult working full time at minimum wage pays $1600+ annually in federal taxes ($500+ FIT, $1100+ payroll taxes), or approx 11% of his gross income.

At one time I also paid 4.4% state income tax, 6% state sales tax, and (based on the amount of property taxes embedded in my rent) 8% of my income in property taxes (including a steep nonhomestead tax on rental property).

So I was paying in the neighborhood of 25% of my income in taxes.
We all pay taxes.

We're on the way to being like Europe.

The Beatles wrote "Tax Man" back in 1964.

My tax burden last year was north of $50,000. Stop complaining.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
You missed all sorts of other taxes you pay.

Gasoline taxes on every gallon you buy... Maybe 50 cents a gallon.

Excise taxes on you utility bills.

License fees, marriage and drivers licenses and plates.

Sin taxes, taxes on booze and tobacco.

Tolls for roads, bridges and tunnels.

Usage fees, park fees, museum fees.

Here is a list that might have some I missed

List of taxes paid by Americans......Are you still under their spell? | Talk of the Sound

When all is said and done, 40% of your minimum wage pay check may be going toward taxes.
Keep voting for democrats.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Funny, how you wingnuts wanta negate the taxes the poor and middle class do pay. Federal income taxes are but one segment of a vast taxing system. We know why you eanta steer away from payroll taxes, seeing that is a regressive tax on the bottom 2/3 of the country.
You should support politicians who want you to keep more of your own money.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Keep voting for democrats.
Got that right, look up who signed these dogs into law, Medicare part D, SSDI and SSI....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies