Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 02:01 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,515,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Nope not quit but your getting close
Throw me a bone here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 02:02 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Apples and oranges. The bike situation has nothing to do with this and at least people did have interpretations and explanations in that thread, not to mention two people doing exactly the same thing in the same place where the only thing that was different was their skin color....Now please explain the implied racism here.
I pretty much said.. the race card is implied here....

Albeit very passively...

Un regards to the video...Yes two people doing the exact same thing....dressed differently....much different body language...different responses.....different people..

For somebody who has such a heavy title as a user name you sure like to discount the many variables.

IMO, even if it IS apples and oranges, this is much more straightforward than some inherently flawed "study".

4,112 posts, read 4,478,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Talking to a black audience and citing hate by a white person/Republican only leads to one conclusion.
So your wife is black?

You associate White person to equal a Republican?

3,436 posts, read 2,951,942 times
Quote:
Talking to a black audience and citing hate by a white person/Republican only leads to one conclusion.
Speak for yourself. I'm a black person and I certainly don't see it that way. All criticism/hatred of Obama is not based on racism. Most of us know that, but it doesn't mean we are going to ignore racism when we do see it. Leave it up to the dancing Toms, RWNJs and self-loathing Conservative women to consistently insinuate that those of us on the left are too stupid to decipher racism/sexism from disagreements on policy or to make informed decisions when we cast our votes. Yeah I know all the smart AAs are Republican like yourself, right? The ones that listen to the Tom Joyner show are so stupid and narrow minded that all they see is black and white and anyone who dislikes Obama has got to be a KKK member or skinhead. Thank goodness your wife has you to tell her how great white Republicans are and to NEVER believe anything out of the mouth of those stupid black Democrats.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:03 PM

45,630 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:
I thank you are missing something about the Obama presidency and his re-election. Tea party people and the people who support them don't want Obama gone because of his policies. They want to be able to say "see black men cant lead". Then they can feel justified in not hiring,promoting,or approving business loans for black men. When Obama got elected I noticed some of my GOP supporting colleagues at work acted differently toward me. Something had changed on the social front and they were not happy about it. If Obama loses in November it is a lost for all black men. That is what this group including this gov. wants to happen.
The red is simply wrong - and is almost the opposite. They welcome any black people supportive of the cause as if they were in a desert for a week and just found water.

Regarding the blue... not this black man.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Everyone seen that for what it was excepta handful of people who like things from the 1950s.
You're seriously deluded.

I wasn't born until 1977 and I deemed that test worthy of nothing but a passing interest. Of course, after that pass, anybody with a shred of objectivity can see it for the psuedoscience that it was.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM

45,630 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So your wife is black?

You associate White person to equal a Republican?
We are both black.

No to your second question.

FYI - We don't talk politics in general.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:07 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,123,014 times
Quote:
Answer to what? You did not ask a question.
You didn't reply to my statement. A statement where I labelled you as a race-baiter (Which you are). You had no answer to what I said so you avoided it. You infer that people are racist only because it fits your silly agenda and it upsets you that regardless of what Democrat held the Presidentcy, nothing would be different regarding the TEA PARTY. Without proof race-baiters like you add fuel to a fire that will ultimately burn out of control. Then the likes of you and your ilk will reap what you sow.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I pretty much said.. the race card is implied here....

Albeit very passively...

Yes two people doing the exact same thing....dressed differently....much different body language...different responses.....different people..

For somebody who has such a heavy title as a user name you sure like to discount the many variables.

IMO, even if it IS apples and oranges, this is much more straightforward than some inherently flawed "study".
Um, no they were dressed similar with the similar body language. There is no race card implied here. No code words or anything according to your OP. How is this more straightforward than the "study" you call so inherently flawed.

Lets look at both:
Bike study: One black guy, and one white guy. Daytime, same bike. Same area. Both dressed similarly. Barely anyone approach the white guy and when they did he admitted that he is taking the bike that didn't belong to him. Person that questioned him didn't call the cops. Next black guy tries to take bike: Less than five minutes a crowd is already surrounding him. Cops are called, phone pictures are taken, Confrontational attitude is displayed towards him. Sure the study is not perfect because if they used the same people it would compromise the results but it is more showing than say.....

Tom Joyner commenting on governor not wanting Federal money:
This seems more partisan than racial. The governor probably wouldn't have taken the money if Hilary or any other Democrat was in office offering it. Did Tom Joyner mention that he didn't want Obama's help because he was black? If he did then please point it out.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
We are both black.

No to your second question.

FYI - We don't talk politics in general.
Ok so your wife doesn't think Tom Joyner is racist but you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies