Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,213,569 times

Advertisements

Let's recap the past few years:

We had a war criminal as vice president (Dick Cheney) who owned the company rebuilding Iraq after we decimated it. And, he shot his friend while hunting, LOL.

Saddam Hussein magically morphed into Bin Laden after we couldn't find his cave.

No WMD.

We've given Afghanistan millions of dollars to stop the production of poppy seeds fueling the Talibans economy, and now they hate us and are using the money we gave them to fight us.

We've been fighting a useless "war" that is only hurting America in Afghanistan.

The US is the worlds police now. Funny because America was founded to get away from religious persecution and a monarchy and NOW we are becoming EXACTLY what we fled from.

We are trying to convert the world into a democracy, funny how that works, and trying to change the hearts and minds of the world, basically forcing Christianity down Muslims throats.

We give million dollar bonuses to the same people who led the current recession.

America, LOL!
Ashamed to be American? Ex-patriots give up on US - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
I'd be fascinated to hear where you're going to relocate now that you've "given up" on America in a public forum.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Why are you posting links from a Russian propoganda news organization? If we had the internet in 1983, would you have been the guy who was posting Pravda English links?

Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
There are a moderate number of expats, tho it is no flood.

1) Uber wealthy going to very low tax locations because money is everything to them.
2) Some celebrity types liking the European model better.
3) Random leftists who think Obama is a right winger.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why are you posting links from a Russian propoganda news organization? If we had the internet in 1983, would you have been the guy who was posting Pravda English links?
That organization was actually one of the few media outlets to report on the police brutality that took place during the OWS protest. American outlets mostly avoided the topic.

Unfortunately, international news outlets are often more credible than ours. Our Freedom of Press Index is 47th in the world.

P.S. I haven't given up on America. I've been doing everything in my power to change it for the past 4 years.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
If you vote for the apparent Republican nominee or the decided Democratic one, then you have given up on America. They represent the two sides of the same worthless coin.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:35 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
If you vote for the apparent Republican nominee or the decided Democratic one, then you have given up on America. They represent the two sides of the same worthless coin.
Here's an American that agrees with you.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
America will be fine. We've been through much the same before and worse. The ship of state may drift hither and yon sometimes, but The People will always correct it sooner or later.

Be like Jefferson: Know your history and trust The People.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That organization was actually one of the few media outlets to report on the police brutality that took place during the OWS protest. American outlets mostly avoided the topic.

Unfortunately, international news outlets are often more credible than ours. Our Freedom of Press Index is 47th in the world.

P.S. I haven't given up on America. I've been doing everything in my power to change it for the past 4 years.
I think freedom of the press is great. That particular organization, along with Press TV (Iranian), was established to specifically discredt and distort America. I wouldn't trust it at all.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:43 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

The only bad news I have for you is that the truth makes the best propaganda. How do you think we defamed the Germans? We didn't need to make any of it up. The US has too many truthful things to attack rather than to even bother being creative about it.

There is nothing ground breaking about the US serving the role of the British Empire right down to the dollar become the replacement to the pound sterling. Russia isn't lying about the US. When Russia tells lies it will save them for describing itself. Likewise the US will likely tell the truth about Russia far more often than it will about itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies