Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Oh, I get it. You lived on the same continent as Kony, therefore you are endowed with special knowledge the rest of us aren't privy to. Even people from Uganda state there is a lot more to the story than a slickly produced hipster "documentary" leads one to believe. Regardless, there are human rights abuses the whole world over. Should the US military police the world? I thought you liberals were against that sort of thing... inserting ourselves into other countries' sovereign affairs.

Anti-Kony video draws criticism in Uganda - CBS News
East Africa is not a continent. Just FYI.

I already told you what I thought about US being the police of the world. I also told you I am not liberal, but none of this seems to penetrate. I keep asking you what makes this story liberal, when it obviously favors the right wing world view. You just can't get your head around the fact that the producers got some liberal actors to promote it. See, you are a lemming, who will support or oppose anything depending on who else supports or opposes issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
East Africa is not a continent. Just FYI.

I already told you what I thought about US being the police of the world. I also told you I am not liberal, but none of this seems to penetrate. I keep asking you what makes this story liberal, when it obviously favors the right wing world view. You just can't get your head around the fact that the producers got some liberal actors to promote it. See, you are a lemming, who will support or oppose anything depending on who else supports or opposes issues.
Who said East Africa was a continent? I said, big whoop, you lived ON the same continent as Uganda. Guess what? That doesn't make you an expert on all things Ugandan. East Africa covers a huge territory. That would be like someone from South Carolina claiming to be an expert on California.

FWIW, I really don't care what you consider yourself to be politically speaking. You have never asked ME what makes this story liberal, but it is being pushed by some hipsters who want to feel good about the "humanitarian work" they are doing. I could care less who's promoting it, liberal or conservative.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Who said East Africa was a continent? I said, big whoop, you lived ON the same continent as Uganda. Guess what? That doesn't make you an expert on all things Ugandan. East Africa covers a huge territory. That would be like someone from South Carolina claiming to be an expert on California.
No, it would be more like N.Carolina and S. Carolina. I lived in Tanzania, which neighbors Uganda. Tanzania invaded Islamist backed (Gaddafi) Uganda not too long ago. Have you heard about that? It led to the Ugandan Bush War which is when Kony started his career as a murderer. The truth is that not many people in US knew anything about Kony, and now they do, thanks to the video.

Too bad these kinds of awareness raising videos were not around during the genocide in another East African country, Rwanda. But of course YouTube was not in existence back then.

Quote:
I really don't care what you consider yourself to be politically speaking
Then quit calling me one or the other.

Quote:
I could care less who's promoting it, liberal or conservative.
Your entire position of opposing the campaign is based on the fact that you thought it is a liberal movement, and you thought it was liberal because you heard that actors promoted it.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times
Where do all the guns come from?

Who is arming these murderers.

Journalists use to ask questions and find the source of mayhem.

Where are the facts?

Romney likes to buy Cobalt in the Congo. He just brokered 80 million worth.

THink this wanna be POTUS is hoping to arm more children and exploit more African resources for his BAIN Capital to fund?

BAIN? nice name.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:01 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:
No, it would be more like N.Carolina and S. Carolina. I lived in Tanzania, which neighbors Uganda. Tanzania invaded Islamist backed (Gaddafi) Uganda not too long ago. Have you heard about that? It led to the Ugandan Bush War which is when Kony started his career as a murderer. The truth is that not many people in US knew anything about Kony, and now they do, thanks to the video.
Except that they are two separate countries, not states.

Quote:
Then quit calling me one or the other.
Do you have me confused with another poster? I don't recall labeling you a liberal, although you do tend to side with them consistently on C-D.

Quote:
Your entire position of opposing the campaign is based on the fact that you thought it is a liberal movement, and you thought it was liberal because you heard that actors promoted it.
More falsehoods... Quote where I stated that my opposition to having middle school children shown a politically charged, un-vetted, persuasive call-to-action video was due to the fact that it's a liberal movement. Stop making false claims.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I relize liberals like to go in and start wars when they feel they are "helping the oppressed". Guess what-we can't afford to keep going down that path! We got involved in Libya, murdered the legitimate military forces of that country...and helped a different group of thugs seize power. You wanted to do the same in Egypt, and many clamor to "help" in Syria. Now you want to do the same in Africa? NO. The US military can not be the world's police. We can't afford it, and it's morally wrong for us to continue to interfere with the internal affairs of other countries.

Oh...and before you say John McCain wants to intervene in Syria...McCain is far from a conservative.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:06 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,680 times
» Exposing KONY 2012 and Invisible Children’s Right-Wing Evangelical and CIA Relationship Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies