Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Do you farm?

Have you ever rotated a conventional crop over to a naturally grown or organic field.

Soil and Water dept's have been seeing this for years.

They are the people that test soil life. Not some kooks that you like to shoot darts at.

The sad messenger killers always comment on the source and not the subject.

Offer your studies that say Monsanto products are not killing our soils and mutating our heritage seed stocks.

I'll be waiting patiently.
I grew up on a farm and my family still owns the farm. My Dad did use chemicals when I was a kid, but nothing like they use today. We used Atrazine on the corn and could only grow corn on that soil the next year because of "carry over". I'm sure that's nothing compared to Round up ready corn they grow now.

One of my main jobs when I was a kid was pulling weeds. All summer long we battled weeds. Now look at the fields. Clean as a whistle. Not a weed anywhere because absolutely nothing will grow but the modified seeds designed specifically for the chemicals you are dumping on the ground.

Doesn't that just sound wrong? How can they really know what they are doing to the balance of life? Soil is such a complicated compound and you can kill it and then you should see the work involved in bringing it back.

Everything in farming now is oil. Oil based chemicals, oil runs the tractors, oil runs the trucks that delivers the crops halfway around the world.

My Dad retired 15 years ago and rents his land to Hmong farmers who use all natural methods, no chemicals at all. You should see the crops they grow. They get big dollars for those crops too because there are people out there who care about their health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yep, you guessed it! Got to get those 1% to fork over their wealth and all will be fine.
They fined four companies $73 million for the DDT dump, and it is listed as a Superfund site, but nothing has been done, to date!

Quote:
Over the years, however, natural processes may have diminished the hazard.

Scientists believe that DDT persists for hundreds of years, at least.
Read more: 4 Companies to Pay $73 Million to Clean DDT Dump Near L.A.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:28 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Your a psychic... how do you do it?

Our vegetable garden is 5 ac.

My wife will be surprise to know that i'm not a farmer
You have a 5 acre garden, so you're a farmer.

Nuff said...

Old 03-13-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
The "silver lining", is an earth free of the burden of humanity, and it's ways. . . .with millions of years to heal itself, and to try again. . . . .
So they are going to destroy it, to rejuvinate it? Nuclear weapons, bunker busters, bio-pathogens, virus's, how many years do they expect to live underground? Cabin fever will set in within months.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what 'long history of lethal intentions'?

killing bugs and weeds?
We need bugs, and one mans weed is another's flower or medicine. Monsanto creates new strains of bugs with more resiliancy. Monsanto is destroying the natural bio-diversity of the soil. Plus their seeds blow and contaminate the organic fields.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
You have a 5 acre garden, so you're a farmer.

Nuff said...
That's just the garden. We have hundreds of acres of grain, and oil seed crops.

I thought you'd pick up on that, if my garden is 5 ac.

You know how many pounds of food you get out of a 5 ac. garden.

Maybe your not the farmer. That was an easy one.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I grew up on a farm and my family still owns the farm. My Dad did use chemicals when I was a kid, but nothing like they use today. We used Atrazine on the corn and could only grow corn on that soil the next year because of "carry over". I'm sure that's nothing compared to Round up ready corn they grow now.

One of my main jobs when I was a kid was pulling weeds. All summer long we battled weeds. Now look at the fields. Clean as a whistle. Not a weed anywhere because absolutely nothing will grow but the modified seeds designed specifically for the chemicals you are dumping on the ground.

Doesn't that just sound wrong? How can they really know what they are doing to the balance of life? Soil is such a complicated compound and you can kill it and then you should see the work involved in bringing it back.

Everything in farming now is oil. Oil based chemicals, oil runs the tractors, oil runs the trucks that delivers the crops halfway around the world.

My Dad retired 15 years ago and rents his land to Hmong farmers who use all natural methods, no chemicals at all. You should see the crops they grow. They get big dollars for those crops too because there are people out there who care about their health.
Its an awesome site when you see a natural farm. The way it was intended.
Too bad the powers want their products polluting the world and creating a winfall for the Medical industry.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM

as of Sept 2011
List of Countries that have or are Banning Genetically Modified Foods (Article) | Fact over Fiction (http://www.factoverfiction.com/article/3344 - broken link)

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
It's being done as i type.

You can imagine the push back it has been getting. Not too many people have the balls to question Monsanto.

Hey, how'd you do that spoiler thing.. that's pretty cool.
when it's published, you will have something. maybe. until then, these are just empty claims. i know a number of phd-level mycologists, and none of them buy his claim of 'microfungi' that are as small as a virus.

it took me awhile to find that spoiler deal myself -
Spoiler
look for the 'show/hide' icon' and put what you want hidden into it

Quote:
See link on post #39
there is nothing in post 39 relating to harmful effects of roundup on beneficial plant fungi, only unsubstantiated claims that it increases the numbers of harmful ones. oh, and that the use of roundup has somehow magically spawned these cryptic 'microfungi.' but neither of those things were mentioned by the poster i was responding to.

Quote:
How'd it work out for the thousands of military guinea pigs?

Otherwise known as American Patriots.

One of our combine operators has more health problems from Agent Orange than i can list. He is actually completely disabled and works the farm to stay sane.
do you honestly think that monsanto, dow, etc. 'lethally intended' harm to our military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Yes, and Thank You. . . . .
All of these folks that blow off the harm that Monsanto has been doing for years are unaware, I suspect, of the presence of / importance of mycorrhiza. . . . .Those of us in the Horticultural community have been paying attention to this kind of thing for years!
so what are the effects of roundup on these helpful and important mycorhizal associations, since none have been mentioned yet?

once again i request that you please address how decreasing the numbers of 3 species of bacteria is 'destroying' the earth and soil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
We need bugs, and one mans weed is another's flower or medicine. Monsanto creates new strains of bugs with more resiliancy. Monsanto is destroying the natural bio-diversity of the soil. Plus their seeds blow and contaminate the organic fields.
we don't need bugs eating our crops, nor infesting our fields. if you believe that we do, then i don't see the point of discussing this any further with you.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
when it's published, you will have something. maybe. until then, these are just empty claims. i know a number of phd-level mycologists, and none of them buy his claim of 'microfungi' that are as small as a virus.
There have been multiple studies done in Europe. The peer review has been done.
The Specific US study by Dr. Huber is the one that is ongoing.

Scientific studies from India, China and the United States now back up what farmers have found for years, that Bt crops often

Spoiler
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies