Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The difference is I don't want God to damn America.
He heard you... and helped elect Obama when this country needed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,219,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oooohhh, scary.

My parents made me go to catholic school as a child.
I'm firmly seated in the atheist row now.

Does that make me a catholic?
Same here, my family was extremely lutheran and catholic up until me and my parents.

I turn and run as fast as possible at the sight of organized religion. I'm CERTAINLY not catholic just because my parents might have been.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:20 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,458,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The difference is I don't want God to damn America. My Christian belief leads me to believe that God will remove his blessings upon this country that has been blessed.

We as a nation was formed under the Judeo-Christian ethics but now as Obama stated we are no longer a Christian nation.

Many here believe that supporting Israel is no longer important including our president as he chastised the Jewish nation and upheld the Palestinians even though they do not want peace but to kill every Jew in Israel.

You do not have Judeo-Christian ethics. Do not mix us Jews into your branch of Christianity's particular brand of crazy.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:40 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,139,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Well most churches seem to require a baptism to belong officially to their church from my understanding. In President Obama's case, since his father was a Muslim, the Muslim religion recognized him at birth as Muslim although as I have already stated that does not make him a practicing Muslim and if he had a baptism and could show some acceptable proof of that perhaps people would/could stop discussing this issue.
Why on earth should he? Do you think he's the least bit concerned with making a case with the ignoramuses asking for this kind of information?

Old 03-15-2012, 03:12 PM

254 posts, read 202,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post

best yoda saying - YouTube

Fear leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffer.
Wait a minute that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Can't anger lead to fear and fear lead to suffering and than suffering lead to hate? You see when you have three totally interchangeable emotional states, they can't really be arranged in a certain pattern of logic.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Seriously? He was named after his father that he saw once in his life at the age of 10. By the way, I couldn't care less if he was a Muslim, but he says he's Christian and belonged to a Christiam church for years, so he is as Christian as anyone else who claims to be.

I didn't get the memo stating that people couldn't belong to a religion if their names weren't approved first. I guess people named Mary, Peter, Paul or John can't be buddhists or Muslims and people named Hakeem, Yusef or Rasheeda (I know plenty of people with Arabic names who are Christian) can't be Christian. Do you know what a Chaldean is? Try Google, there are plenty of Christians with Arabic names. How ignorant!

Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,487,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Is it that easy? Does that mean if he changes his name to "Barack Chad Obama" you guys will all finally shut up?
How about Barack Stifler Obama?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:31 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,374,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
with a middle name like Hussein? HUSSEIN? His name isn't Barack Abraham Obama. It isn't Barack Peter Obama. It isn't Barack Joseph Obama. No his name is Barack HUSSEIN Obama. His father was a Muslim from Kenya. The Islamic religion is passed through paternal lineage, so whether you like it or not he was born a Muslim. Additionally, he was raised in the Islamic faith in Indonesia where he attended a madrassa. In matters of religion he certainly seems to give Islam special consideration over the other religions of the world. Now who knows what, if any religion he currently practices. We know he sat in Reverend Wrong's hate American church for 20 some odd years. But the fact is he is a Muslim by birth and was raised a Muslim, so to stand there and claim with conviction that he's not a Muslim and to write off those who believe he is as uneducated hicks is not only bigoted and hateful but also incredibly ignorant.
I have some friends whose last name is Adolf. What does that make them?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,118,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well....., we have pictures of obama in muslim garb. We have him talking about his "muslim faith"....connect the dots.

And he was RAISED as a muslim in Indonesia, right?

WHAT?

Oh..surely, you remember this:

Obama: "My Muslim Faith" - YouTube

Nice try to walk it back.

And didn't he say the call to prayer was one of the most beautiful sounds on earth, or something like that?
Can you name a religion where it's okay to denounce that religion to pretend you're a different religion? That pretty much flies in the face of the logic behind religion...

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I have some friends whose last name is Adolf. What does that make them?
Heirs to a meat tenderizer fortune?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies