Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually he himself in a Presidential debate talked of his Muslim faith...
It's called dismissing a hypothetical. A concept too hard for some Republican minds to fully grasp, apparently.

But it gets worse - I hear he's been throwing around words like "Thursday" and "Tuesday" around all willy-nilly. A clear reference to his true Norse religion if there ever was one. Do we know that he's not sacrificing humans to Odin the All-Father in the Rose Garden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Asking God to damn America is not too smart..

I think the blessing on this country is being removed for lack of respect for God.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:35 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Well....., we have pictures of obama in muslim garb. We have him talking about his "muslim faith"....connect the dots.

And he was RAISED as a muslim in Indonesia, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It's called dismissing a hypothetical. A concept too hard for some Republican minds to fully grasp, apparently.
WHAT?

Oh..surely, you remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUgNg7aD8M

Nice try to walk it back.

And didn't he say the call to prayer was one of the most beautiful sounds on earth, or something like that?

Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where in the Bible does it say you need a "record/certificate of baptism" to be a Christian?
Well most churches seem to require a baptism to belong officially to their church from my understanding. In President Obama's case, since his father was a Muslim, the Muslim religion recognized him at birth as Muslim although as I have already stated that does not make him a practicing Muslim and if he had a baptism and could show some acceptable proof of that perhaps people would/could stop discussing this issue.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:37 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,527,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Is this post a parody?
I've come to believe that Birch Barlow's entire existance on this site is a parody considering he took his name from a cartoon character on "The Simpsons" that itself was an outlandish parody of Rush Limbaugh.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:39 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
One's religion is not connected to one's job qualifications. The discussion is whether or not President Obama is Christian or Muslim.
Obama is a liar. His beliefs are grounded in Black Liberation Theology which is a hate message against whites.
From Black theology beliefs..

"Black theology cannot accept a view of God which does not represent God as being for oppressed blacks and thus against white oppressors. Living in a world of white oppressors, blacks have no time for a neutral God. The brutalities are too great and the pain too severe, and this means we must know where God is and what God is doing in the revolution. There is no use for a God who loves white oppressors the same as oppressed blacks. We have had too much of white love, the love that tells blacks to turn the other cheek and go the second mile. What we need is the divine love as expressed in black power, which is the power of blacks to destroy their oppressors, here and now, by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject God's love." [A Black Theology of Liberation, p. 70]

James Hal Cone - Wikiquote

Old 03-15-2012, 11:41 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I've come to believe that Birch Barlow's entire existance on this site is a parody considering he took his name from a cartoon character on "The Simpsons" that itself was an outlandish parody of Rush Limbaugh.
It's getting more and more difficult to sort the clowns and the fools.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well....., we have pictures of obama in muslim garb. We have him talking about his "muslim faith"....connect the dots.

And he was RAISED as a muslim in Indonesia, right?
People from different backgrounds can come to Christ. You are NOT a christian if you believe otherwise.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:56 AM

215 posts, read 308,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
with a middle name like Hussein? HUSSEIN? His name isn't Barack Abraham Obama. It isn't Barack Peter Obama. It isn't Barack Joseph Obama. No his name is Barack HUSSEIN Obama. His father was a Muslim from Kenya. The Islamic religion is passed through paternal lineage, so whether you like it or not he was born a Muslim. Additionally, he was raised in the Islamic faith in Indonesia where he attended a madrassa. In matters of religion he certainly seems to give Islam special consideration over the other religions of the world. Now who knows what, if any religion he currently practices. We know he sat in Reverend Wrong's hate American church for 20 some odd years. But the fact is he is a Muslim by birth and was raised a Muslim, so to stand there and claim with conviction that he's not a Muslim and to write off those who believe he is as uneducated hicks is not only bigoted and hateful but also incredibly ignorant.
I agree, somewhat. Being a Muslim is not the issue. But I believe his name, BARACK HUSSEIN does somewhat certify he was named by his mother/father in Kenya. But there is no positive proof. He was rasied in Indonesia but was not born there...hmmm. Most are in denial..like you said, Obama and his family sat in Reverend Wright's church for 20 years. Wright was also, Obama's mentor, friend, and he even baptized his children. To sit in a church every Sunday, for 20 years, listening to Wright's sermons bashing America and white people, is NOT normal.
If someone does not agree with Obama's policies or anything about him for that matter, we are considered racist...but Obama attending a white- hating, white bashing church for 20 years, is not racist?!

Last edited by me in RI; 03-15-2012 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-15-2012, 12:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And didn't he say the call to prayer was one of the most beautiful sounds on earth, or something like that?
I think it is a lovely sound, also, in a primeval, haunting way. However, that's all it is to me...a sound.

But, maybe I'm weird...the sound of bagpipes gives me goosebumps and makes my heart beat a little faster...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies