Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Look, liberal feminists, even LIBERAL EUROPE is not as liberal as you would like on this, and you are the ones who want to turn America into Europe with socialized medicine, no death penalty, gay marriage allowed, etc.

in Germany, women who want an abortion are required to undergo counseling in which they try to persuade you to NOT abort the baby, and an abortion is only legal in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy. What the liberal elites like NARAL and Planned Parenthood are even more liberal than EUROPE. Why should a woman not see an ultrasound of the baby she is about to kill before making that decision?
It costs too much.
It is medically unnecessary.
It is invasive.
It puts government between patient and doctor.
The woman can just close her eyes after all this hullabaloo and refuse to look, and therefore
It is useless.

Counseling makes more sense, but I'm not sure it can be forced either. It is available, however, even here in the U.S.A.

I would have to say that any woman who takes abortion lightly should not be having children and hopefully will practice birth control. MOST women take it as a very, very serious matter and know full well the consequences, what a fetus is, and consider deeply whether to abort, deliver and put up for adoption, or keep the infant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
^so modern day feminist liberals are preventing men from putting on a condom, getting vasectomy and abstaining? Alrighty then. Thanks!
I know, it is all the man's fault for unprotected sex and unwanted pregnancy.

Women keep deflecting the responsibility onto men, but want complete control over their pregnancy. Many women are incapable of accepting responsibility (as this thread has demonstrated), but want the rights that go along with the responsibility. Essentially, you are girls, not women.

Blame men for your unwanted pregnancy all you want, but ultimately the responsibility lies with you. I wish you would own up to it.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
This can't possibly be passed and if it does will likely be overturned. To the best of my knowledge, no one can be forced into ANY medical procedure.
Am I wrong on that?

Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
They make all the fuss about poor women, but I'm sure in MANY MANY MANY cases its something like the girl wanted a baby, but then she got that promotion at her job and she wants to put her career first, so she decides to go to Planned Parenthood to have the baby killed cause it would impair her career drive and ambition. THis will be very typical for the yuppie liberal women who form a large part of the liberal Democrats base.
That's one of the dumbest things i have read ever.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
This can't possibly be passed and if it does will likely be overturned. To the best of my knowledge, no one can be forced into ANY medical procedure.
Am I wrong on that?
It has been essentially struck down in Oklahoma and Louisiana...but upheld in texas based on a freedom of speed argument. It most likely will be challenged and struck down in the more moderate states though. And any state under the 9th circuit. In the end they will have to take all this before the supreme court i'm sure.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It has been essentially struck down in Oklahoma and Louisiana...but upheld in texas based on a freedom of speed argument. It most likely will be challenged and struck down in the more moderate states though. And any state under the 9th circuit. In the end they will have to take all this before the supreme court i'm sure.
Struck down on the basis of not being able to force a medical procedure/test on someone?
I'm curious because this was the first thing I thought of when reading it.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Struck down on the basis of not being able to force a medical procedure/test on someone?
I'm curious because this was the first thing I thought of when reading it.
Its really hard to say since we have to wait for the court challenges to come out. Most bills signed don't go into immediate effect anyway so there is always a grace period. And no the bills in those states are on hold due to it being a violation of 1st amendment rights.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Its really hard to say since we have to wait for the court challenges to come out. Most bills signed don't go into immediate effect anyway so there is always a grace period. And no the bills in those states are on hold due to it being a violation of 1st amendment rights.
Gotcha. Thank you

Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 3,104,199 times
Default Let's get on with it, women.

Toward a future that's in OUR hands, not state legislatures', here is an excellent diagram of the almost-forgotten Del-Emâ„¢. Let's get to work and return to cooperative self-help on our terms.
Attached Thumbnails
Oh look now PA wants to pass a transvaginal sonogram-m.e..jpg  

Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The reasons these sonograms are done is to make sure the woman's pregnancy hasn't advanced to the stage where abortion isn't an option.
Now, that is patently ridiculous. There are 2 options:
  • If it's a medical necessity, not performing the procedure would be malpractice - already illegal. Thus making the law redundant.
  • If it's not a medical necessity, the law is simply malicious in intent.
A principled conservative should abhor from a law taking a medical decision out of the hands of doctors. But those are in damn short supply these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies