Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 06:33 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times

Advertisements

Tom Corbett, Pennsylvania Governor, On Ultrasound Mandate: Just 'Close Your Eyes'

The republicans are gonna rue the day this november when women come out in droves to vote them out of office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 06:35 PM

1,118 posts, read 2,287,936 times
What is with every state pulling this now? Why is everyone in politics obsessed with birth control nowadays? Isn't there nothing better to care about like, I don't know, the economy? Idiots.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoking66 View Post
What is with every state pulling this now? Why is everyone in politics obsessed with birth control nowadays? Isn't there nothing better to care about like, I don't know, the economy? Idiots.
Because chances are most states know the republicans won't do well this november and just figure they need to pass them. The thing is...you expect stuff like this in the deep south. But moderate states passing this is going to create a lot of fear for women, and motivate them to vote.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
I dare say a person gets more informative lecturing when they surrender a pet at the humane shelter than when a woman walks into an abortion clinic.

I don't think a sonogram is too much to ask from her.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I dare say a person gets more informative lecturing when they surrender a pet at the humane shelter than when a woman walks into an abortion clinic.

I don't think a sonogram is too much to ask from her.
You obviously don't know very much than do you. A women has thought out her choice to have an abortion,talked to friends, and weighed out her options. A sonogram is doing nothing but punishing her, and trying to shame her into keeping a child she is not prepared for. Since you obviously have never had an abortion, i dare say your opinion on the subject has no value.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Funny that a state that has cities with names like:

Blue Ball, PA
Climax, PA
Intercourse, PA

I worried about this.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
Pennsylvania is the state that gave us Rick ("having a baby by a rapist is a goft from God") Santorum, right?

Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,324,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You obviously don't know very much than do you. A women has thought out her choice to have an abortion,talked to friends, and weighed out her options. A sonogram is doing nothing but punishing her, and trying to shame her into keeping a child she is not prepared for. Since you obviously have never had an abortion, i dare say your opinion on the subject has no value.
Nonsense. If she has already made up her mind to kill her unborn child then I doubt a sonogram will change it. The reasons these sonograms are done is to make sure the woman's pregnancy hasn't advanced to the stage where abortion isn't an option.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:47 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nonsense. If she has already made up her mind to kill her unborn child then I doubt a sonogram will change it. The reasons these sonograms are done is to make sure the woman's pregnancy hasn't advanced to the stage where abortion isn't an option.
You keep telling yourself that.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Pennsylvania is the state that gave us Rick ("having a baby by a rapist is a goft from God") Santorum, right?
Well, he was born in Virginia. But yeah, he was the senator from PA. He got creamed in his second re-election bid, partly b/c he bilked a school district in the Pittsburgh suburbs out of a bunch of money home-schooling his kids via a cyber school in PA while living in VA. What a scum.

(Sorry to go off topic like that.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies