Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:40 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,421 times

Advertisements

CNN

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'
President Barack Obama spoke out Friday for the first time on the growing national controversy over the shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Florida, saying Friday that the incident requires national "soul-searching."

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said. "And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Yeah, but let's not use those resources to find out why 3 black kids lit a 13 year old white kid on fire while hurling racist epithets. This POTUS is as racist as they come.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, but let's not use those resources to find out why 3 black kids lit a 13 year old white kid on fire while hurling racist epithets. This POTUS is as racist as they come.
They were arrested. were they not? They will get what they deserve, but in FL case it seems a crime will go unpunished.

Don't you see the importance of NOT letting a potential murder go unpunished in the Zimmerman case?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,207 times
National soul searching= spineless limp wristed nanny leader turd of a President!

What a puke! This leader is disgusting and he's not my President. Black white or brown the only thing he cares about is getting relected.

We don't need soul searching Mr. President we need F'ING JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were arrested. were they not? They will get what they deserve, but in FL case it seems a crime will go unpunished.

Don't you see the importance of NOT letting a potential murder go unpunished in the Zimmerman case?
The law is what it is. Let the courts figure it out. You can't do a damn thing about it.

3,045 posts, read 3,194,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
CNN

President Barack Obama spoke out Friday for the first time on the growing national controversy over the shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Florida, saying Friday that the incident requires national "soul-searching."

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said. "And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
What's your point? Don't just post a story here. You're not CNN.

Quote:
This POTUS is as racist as they come.
Based on what? I mean other than your emotions are dominating your rational thought and you want to find anything to complain about when it comes to Obama. Please feel free to show RATIONALLY why you think he is as racist "as they come".

Quote:
National soul searching= spineless limp wristed nanny leader turd of a President!

What a puke! This leader is disgusting and he's not my President. Black white or brown the only thing he cares about is getting relected.

We don't need soul searching Mr. President we need F'ING JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Act like an adult and put away the emotion. Perhaps you should have read some more about his comments...
"He cautioned that his comments would be limited because the Justice Department was investigating. But he talked at length about his personal feelings about the case."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rtin-shooting/

There's no spineless there. He's acting like a mature adult in an important role and can't act like some pissed off frat boy. As to your comments about the only thing he cares about, I'm guessing, at the very least, he cares about the health and well-being of his family. If you're a US citizen, he's your President whether you like it or not.

Free free, at some point, to make any comments that aren't purely emotional and that can back up with some semblance of fact.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
My god, it really IS all about obama, 24/7, 365.

I'm sure his parents are comforted knowing this;

Quote:
“My main message is to the parents: If I had a son he’d look like Trayvon…”
How is this relevant?

He is taking fire from the black community on his "slowness" to respond to the tragedy. The New Black Panthers a bit upset with him.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
What's your point? Don't just post a story here. You're not CNN.

Based on what? I mean other than your emotions are dominating your rational thought and you want to find anything to complain about when it comes to Obama. Please feel free to show RATIONALLY why you think he is as racist "as they come".
Because he ONLY speaks out in favor of some supposed injustice done to blacks and stays silent when it happens the other way. Is that rational enough for you?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
"I have sat back and allowed myself time to assess the current episode revealing itself in Sanford, Florida involving the shooting of 17-year-old Treyvon Martin. First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason. I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage."
Rep. Allan West.

Nuff said.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM

639 posts, read 828,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
CNN

Dude, what the f** are you talking about? this is a huge tragedy and injustice, he was asked a question and answered it. I don't even like Obama, I voted for Ron Paul, but what is your problem? You support this racist shooting or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies