Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This POTUS is as racist as they come.
How do you figure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
CNN

Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon'
President Barack Obama spoke out Friday for the first time on the growing national controversy over the shooting of an unarmed black teenager in Florida, saying Friday that the incident requires national "soul-searching."

"When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids," Obama said. "And I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.
Obama will stoop as low as possible to get votes, including the use of a teenager death.

He has no limits on the material he will use to deceive voters.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Because he ONLY speaks out in favor of some supposed injustice done to blacks and stays silent when it happens the other way. Is that rational enough for you?
What is your example? If you are talking about that kid in Ft. Lauderdale that was set on fire, those kids that did it are in jail. This shooter is free and living fine... well for the moment, but he will be charged and in jail soon as he should be. He pursued someone when the police told him to stop. He needs to be in jail for murder. He was 90 lbs heavier than that kid. Goodness.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They were arrested. were they not? They will get what they deserve, but in FL case it seems a crime will go unpunished.

Don't you see the importance of NOT letting a potential murder go unpunished in the Zimmerman case?

Don't you see the importance of Obama using a kid's death to get votes?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"I have sat back and allowed myself time to assess the current episode revealing itself in Sanford, Florida involving the shooting of 17-year-old Treyvon Martin. First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason. I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage."
Rep. Allan West.

Nuff said.
Well said.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,641 times
The sad thing is that many both inside Florida and Outside Florida are working to remove or limit the rights of Florida Blacks to defend themselves. These people are representing themselves to the Black community as their friends etc and are actually working to remove the rights of the Blacks that the Blacks now enjoy. They are using this incident in an attempt to confuse Blacks.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:17 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What is your example? If you are talking about that kid in Ft. Lauderdale that was set on fire, those kids that did it are in jail. This shooter is free and living fine... well for the moment, but he will be charged and in jail soon as he should be. He pursued someone when the police told him to stop. He needs to be in jail for murder. He was 90 lbs heavier than that kid. Goodness.
This isn't the first time. Remember the black professor and the beer summit?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
The sad thing is that many both inside Florida and Outside Florida are working to remove or limit the rights of Florida Blacks to defend themselves. These people are representing themselves to the Black community as their friends etc and are actually working to remove the rights of the Blacks that the Blacks now enjoy. They are using this incident in an attempt to confuse Blacks.
What rights are being removed? This should be a hoot!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"I have sat back and allowed myself time to assess the current episode revealing itself in Sanford, Florida involving the shooting of 17-year-old Treyvon Martin. First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder. Let’s all be appalled at this instance not because of race, but because a young American man has lost his life, seemingly, for no reason. I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation. I am not heading to Sanford to shout and scream, because we need the responsible entities and agencies to handle this situation from this point without media bias or undue political influences. This is an outrage."
Rep. Allan West.

Nuff said.
Amusing. Rep West joins the long list of idiots who have formed an opinion on this topic while knowing very few if any of the facts. I'm sure his opinion was predictable even before the news came out.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post

How are they doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies